:D

IM A PEOPLE PERSON!!!!!!!!!

jdmack79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Lawrence County
    ... You claiming this lunacy is comparable to a staunch pro-choice advocate claiming that both parties are no different in regards to abortion because there is an existence of pro-choice Republicans and pro-life Democrats...

I never claimed that they were the same and that there was no difference between the two. I said that Republicans hate your guns too. It is obvious that they are slightly more pro gun than the Democrat party, but is that because of their convictions or is it the will of the voters? You say that the Republicans have changed since their AWB in 1994, but have they? I think the only thing that has changed is the voters. If there was overwhelming support for an AWB today you can be sure the Republicans would be all over it. The ONLY thing holding the Republicans back from joining with the Democrats to ban guns is the voters will. As soon as people are okay with banning guns the Republicans will jump on board as they have in the past.

Designer99

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    Indianapolis
    You're on a forum where the vast majority of us share a particular interest. An interest that a LARGE number of Democrats want to strip away from us. Since we all share this interest, the fact that some opinions will be widespread around here should come as no surprise.

That you don't understand this simply confirms my opinion that you're a troll, and are only here to stir up ****.

Oh you've totally got me figured out. You could hit that ignore button at any time and make me disappear, but you won't. You like it. Maybe I'll stop by Stick & Rudder and say hi, if only it didn't have such bad reviews, carter.

It cracks me up when hillbillys learn how to use the internets and call people trolls when they disagree with someone. Are you still using the AOL cd you got in the mail? :laugh:

The point that you a**hats are missing is that being outraged by the "other side" is in no way productive to moving this gov in the right direction. This is being done by design to divide and conquer the American populous. As long as you are distracted and bickering about some random woman in who knows where that doesn't matter in the least, you aren't seeing the big picture.

If Grunt was posting incessantly about republicans, I'd say the same thing.

You guys think its a dem vs republican thing. I'm saying its a distraction operation by design.

Last edited:

Designer99

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    Indianapolis
    That you don't understand this simply confirms my opinion that you're a troll, and are only here to stir up ****.

So what you're saying is that the good folks that run INGO are inept at their job because they've let a "troll" stay on their site for over three years and have not once banned them?

That's some harsh words for the site founders man. You should have more respect. These websites and servers aren't free. Running a web forum isn't easy and takes a lot of dedication. I tip my hat to them. You should too.

gunowner930

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    I never claimed that they were the same and that there was no difference between the two. I said that Republicans hate your guns too. It is obvious that they are slightly more pro gun than the Democrat party, but is that because of their convictions or is it the will of the voters? You say that the Republicans have changed since their AWB in 1994, but have they? I think the only thing that has changed is the voters. If there was overwhelming support for an AWB today you can be sure the Republicans would be all over it. The ONLY thing holding the Republicans back from joining with the Democrats to ban guns is the voters will. As soon as people are okay with banning guns the Republicans will jump on board as they have in the past.

1994 was a different era. The pro-gun people are more united and aware than ever before. There are now forums such as this and news sources other than CNN, network news, and major newspapers. So yes I agree that the voters have changed, but the 1994 AWB was stupidly passed in an election year, and many of those who voted for it found their sorry asses out of office because they misjudged want Americans voters wanted. Dan Coats was one of them. I refused to vote for him in 2010 because of 1994. However, it appears that Coats has learned his lesson (for now). And Coats isn't the only one who knows the consequences of repeating 1994.

You're correct that if American voters began to support gun bans then many Republicans would follow suit, depending on the makeup of their constiuency. But that is not the way things have been trending since 1994. Remember that the Republicans are not unique in that regard, Democrats did not have near the support they needed within their own party to pass an new assault weapons ban today as they did in 1994. The pro-2A advocate who is a one-issue voter is far happier with a Republican dominated congress/lesiglature and a Republican President/Governor. The Democrats are the party of gun control, they even mention banning assault weapons in their platform. The Republican Party is significantly better on that issue.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Oh you've totally got me figured out. You could hit that ignore button at any time and make me disappear, but you won't. You like it. Maybe I'll stop by Stick & Rudder and say hi, if only it didn't have such bad reviews, carter.

It cracks me up when hillbillys learn how to use the internets and call people trolls when they disagree with someone. Are you still using the AOL cd you got in the mail? :laugh:

The point that you a**hats are missing is that being outraged by the "other side" is in no way productive to moving this gov in the right direction. This is being done by design to divide and conquer the American populous. As long as you are distracted and bickering about some random woman in who knows where that doesn't matter in the least, you aren't seeing the big picture.

You guys think its a dem vs republican thing. I'm saying its a distraction operation by design.

So what you're saying is that the good folks that run INGO are inept at their job because they've let a "troll" stay on their site for over three years and have not once banned them?

That's some harsh words for the site founders man. You should have more respect. These websites and servers aren't free. Running a web forum isn't easy and takes a lot of dedication. I tip my hat to them. You should too.

You ARE a troll. Your multiple insulting replies to my calling you on it based on your own posts confirm it. That you're still here is beside the point. People don't get banned here for trolling. This isn't DU or moveon.org where members get banned immediately for having a different opinion. People only get banned here for repeated violation of the rules. I don't call you a troll because you disagree - I call you a troll because you disagree in a vitriolic manner.

And your admonition and further personal attacks based on my not putting you on my ignore list further confirms my suspicion that you're just a troll and only come here to stir the ****. And not only do you insult me in your replies, but you call the entire website (including the site staff and moderators who don't buy your crap) "a**hats" as well. And in the very same sentence you lament that the conversation isn't "productive" or going in "the right direction" or "moving the ball forward." :rolleyes: YOU contribute nothing to conversations around here but insults and vitriol. I called you on it, you confirm it.

You obviously don't think much of us. Why are you here if not to just troll?

Last edited:

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    You say that the Republicans have changed since their AWB in 1994, but have they?

Now it's the "Republican's AWB ban" even though Democrats had overwhelming majorities in both the House and Senate and it was signed by Democrat Bill Clinton? Almost all Republicans voted against it except a few like our worthless Senators. You Democrat apologists love to try to obscure history.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    What exactly are you trying to accomplish by continually posting stories about how bad democrats are?

How is this productive? How does it help? How does this move the ball forward?

He is trying to enlighten the morons that vote democratic. They need to wake up and take a hard look at whom they are voting for, rather than just voting lock step as the party wishes.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN

It is a makers vs takers thing. And the dems are the takers.

jdmack79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Lawrence County
    Now it's the "Republican's AWB ban" even though Democrats had overwhelming majorities in both the House and Senate and it was signed by Democrat Bill Clinton? Almost all Republicans voted against it except a few like our worthless Senators. You Democrat apologists love to try to obscure history.

Nearly a quarter of the Republicans in the House voted in favor of it. We all know the Democrats position on gun control and the constitution, and many here seem to think that they know the Republicans position. Why must we always ignore the multitude of Republicans that hate our guns and our liberty?

You are a Republican apologist. You are blaming the Democrats, but giving the Republicans a free pass. The Republican apologists love to obscure the history of their party constantly siding against freedom.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Nearly a quarter of the Republicans in the House voted in favor of it. We all know the Democrats position on gun control and the constitution, and many here seem to think that they know the Republicans position. Why must we always ignore the multitude of Republicans that hate our guns and our liberty?

You are a Republican apologist. You are blaming the Democrats, but giving the Republicans a free pass. The Republican apologists love to obscure the history of their party constantly siding against freedom.

Generally speaking, a party's position will be reflected in the votes of the majority of its members.

Democrat ayes: 188
    Democrat nays: 64

Republican ayes: 46
    Republican nays: 131

Looks like a large majority of the Democratic party voted for it, and a large majority of the Republican party voted against it.

jdmack79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Lawrence County
    Looks like a large majority of the Democratic party voted for it, and a large majority of the Republican party voted against it.

Looks like both parties don't support our rights to me. We need to start holding the R's accountable. The D's are already a lost cause, but for some reasons the R's are never criticized by most members here.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Looks like both parties don't support our rights to me. We need to start holding the R's accountable. The D's are already a lost cause, but for some reasons the R's are never criticized by most members here.

You won't find that to be true when it comes to ME. I've laid plenty of criticism on the Republican wing of the Boots On Your Neck Party and their never-ending march toward the police state. War on Drugs? Asset Forfeiture? Patriot Act? NDAA? I'll blast them until they blow away in the wind for these. In fact, I'd bet that the only reason the majority of the Republican Party voted against the AWB is because the majority of the Democrats voted FOR it. But they still voted against it.

Personally ... I tend to vote libertarian because that candidate inevitably falls more pro-gun and pro-freedom than anyone the GOP or DNC put up in front of us.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    You won't find that to be true when it comes to ME. I've laid plenty of criticism on the Republican wing of the Boots On Your Neck Party and their never-ending march toward the police state. War on Drugs? Asset Forfeiture? Patriot Act? NDAA? I'll blast them until they blow away in the wind for these. In fact, I'd bet that the only reason the majority of the Republican Party voted against the AWB is because the majority of the Democrats voted FOR it. But they still voted against it.

Personally ... I tend to vote libertarian because that candidate inevitably falls more pro-gun and pro-freedom than anyone the GOP or DNC put up in front of us.

Bingo.

Distracting politics of tribal affiliation, all leading towards the only end that both parties agree on: the increasing power of the imperial presidency matched only by the self castrated power of the legislative branch.

The swinging pendulum only is increasing in strength as each side adds momentum in the misguided dream that their party could gain power and hold it. In the end all that happens is the fast moving weight at the end of the rope hits just that much harder each time it passes onto the other side.

Keep it up, add energy, push it ever faster and then be continually shocked when you lose control of it to the other side.

That'll help. For sure.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    I'd have to agree with what was said about 100 posts ago. This kind of "news" is a clever way to distract people who are mildly engaged in politics. While you argue over which party contains more racists, you are missing relevant, imminent threats to your liberty. Things like the Internet Sales Tax, CISPA, and more. There is a reason all the establishment radio hosts harp on b.s. like this, instead of rallying you against actual threats. They are masters of distraction.

Go on now, lets get back to it. Red team! Blue team!

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel

I'm pretty sure "a quarter" is less than half. How again does that make it "the Republican AWB?" Oh, that's right, you're simply trying to obfuscate that the overwhelming majority of Democrats voted for it and a Democrat President signed it and it was a Democrat bill. Your dishonesty is rank. And, by the way, I still criticize Coats for his vote, and advocated Lugar's removal for the same reason, but honest representation of the facts are apparently not your strong suit in your overwhelming effort to absolve the Dems whom you defend at every turn.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    I'd have to agree with what was said about 100 posts ago. This kind of "news" is a clever way to distract people who are mildly engaged in politics. While you argue over which party contains more racists, you are missing relevant, imminent threats to your liberty. Things like the Internet Sales Tax, CISPA, and more. There is a reason all the establishment radio hosts harp on b.s. like this, instead of rallying you against actual threats. They are masters of distraction.

Rambone, you would never let us "miss" those issues, would you? We can discuss or argue about more than one thing at a time.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana

I have heard Rush ranting about the internet sales tax. He also criticized parts of CISPA. I assume he isn't an establishment radio host then? I found the time to write my representatives on both of those issues as well.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Rambone, you would never let us "miss" those issues, would you? We can discuss or argue about more than one thing at a time.
    Do you not see what I'm getting at here though? I mean really! Did it ever occur that the vast majority of the bickering that is rigorously promoted is intended to keep our attention diverted from things that matter? I used to get wrapped up in this same crap. Keeping this stuff at the forefront of your attention is a way to neutralize activists from doing anything useful.

Top Bottom