• ...and so much more!
  • Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    Proverbs 20:1 is true!
    There are 247 references to alcohol in Scripture. 40 of those references are negative, or warnings against as in Proverbs 20:1. There are 145 references which are positive in nature, including 27 references to it being a sign of God's blessing, and 20 signifying its loss being a sign of God's curse. There are even 25 references indicating alcohol being used in offerings and sacrifices to God. The other 62 are mostly neutral such as mentioning the wine of God's wrath, or vows of abstinence.

Christians should strive to have a full understanding of what Scripture has to say about a subject instead of picking individual verses that seem to align with their ideology, as I see many Christians do (not just referencing alcohol).

ancjr

1 Kings 18:17-18 KJV
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2021
    Washington County
    You only have to read the Bible as far as Genesis chapter 3 to get to the part where Satan is casting doubt on God's Absolute Word.

You don't believe the Bible, and there is no further need for you to prove it to me.

Last edited:

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    You only have to read the Bible as far as Genesis chapter 3 to get to the part where Satan is casting doubt on God's Absolute Word.

You don't believe the Bible, and there is no further need for you to prove it to me.
    And you only need to read as far as Genesis 3 to get to the part where man had taken what God had created perfectly, and twist it into something that personally benefitted them rather than glorify God.

The Bible is divinely inspired and should be the final authority in both faith and practice for Christians, especially when it challenges what you have always been taught. The Pharisees believed the Bible, and followed it to the very letter. But when challenged by Jesus, very few changed their minds because it was safer to keep believing the way that they have always believed.

I provide you with facts about what the Bible actually says. Rather than checking my work to see if it is true, you go straight to accusing me of not believing the Bible because it runs contrary to what you believe.

I assure you, I believe the Bible as being God's written revelation to man, even when it challenges what I believe. Do you?

"And thou shalt bestow that money for whatsoever thy soul lusteth after, for oxen, or for sheep, or for wine, or for strong drink, or for whatsoever thy soul desireth: and thou shalt eat there before the LORD thy God, and thou shalt rejoice, thou, and thine household," - Deuteronomy 14:26

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    When I saw you first say this, I thought maybe you had history or previous knowledge with Hdood.

My initial reaction was that was kind of a dick thing to say if you didn’t have that knowledge. Turns out you don’t.

What makes you think you can cast judgement on someone like that?
    And please don’t quote something at me, that’s not positing an argument, that’s getting out of one.

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    There's no argument for me to respond to.
    No mockery here, just challenging discourse.

What about Proverbs 31:6, Eccl. 9:7, I Timothy 5:23? Is everyone who disagrees with these passages a fool?

I don’t care if you drink or not. I support your decision to choose based on your personal convictions. But to claim that anyone who disagrees with you is disagreeing with Gods Word is a hugely arrogant position that not even I would take.

I base my position after months of painstaking study of Scripture. To base a position on one singular reference out of almost 250 is foolish in my opinion. And to call others fools who have come to a different conclusion through their study is nothing more than Pharisaical.

To be clear, I am not disagreeing with Gods Word. I am disagreeing with your interpretation of Gods Word. These 2 things are not the same.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.

What about Proverbs 31:6, Eccl. 9:7, I Timothy 5:23? Is everyone who disagrees with these passages a fool?

I don’t care if you drink or not. I support your decision to choose based on your personal convictions. But to claim that anyone who disagrees with you is disagreeing with Gods Word is a hugely arrogant position that not even I would take.

I base my position after months of painstaking study of Scripture. To base a position on one singular reference out of almost 250 is foolish in my opinion. And to call others fools who have come to a different conclusion through their study is nothing more than Pharisaical.

To be clear, I am not disagreeing with Gods Word. I am disagreeing with your interpretation of Gods Word. These 2 things are not the same.
    You’re a better person than me.
    And bw, I’ll respect your wishes to keep it going on track, despite the nature of my avatar.

ancjr

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2021
    Washington County

Am I to assume the above are your words?

ancjr

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2021
    Washington County
    When I saw you first say this, I thought maybe you had history or previous knowledge with Hdood.

My initial reaction was that was kind of a dick thing to say if you didn’t have that knowledge. Turns out you don’t.

What makes you think you can cast judgement on someone like that?
    And please don’t quote something at me, that’s not positing an argument, that’s getting out of one.

You or any other evil person will never tell me what to do. There is no argument.

Top Bottom