• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville

you can say that, but i'm still unsure what business a crown vic had traveling a 1/2 mile down a private drive in the middle of a corn field. the vehicle was totaled because the deputy ripped the front and rear bumpers off traveling down a lane that is not meant for passenger cars.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    well, when i stop seeing these type of threads i'll throw away my attitude of LEOs.
    Look up any product you own and love on Amazon, and look to see if it has absolutely 0 1-star reviews. I'm willing to bet that most products you use and enjoy, at least one person has had issues with.

Couple that with human nature that people love to complain about something negative but almost never post about something positive you're going to come out of this pretty heavily biased if you form your views of LEOs in general upon what is posted on this forum.

when any of them remember they are indeed civilians like those that are around them, i'll forget the 'us vs them' attitude. when they realize that the public can serve themselves better than a chump with a piece of tin, i'll go so far as respect them.
    Let's just get rid of law enforcement entirely... Let's see how well that will work - surely as a society we're above and beyond the need for officers to enforce the laws... right?

what is it exactly you do for me again? protect me from thugs with your 20 minute response time? detain, question, and oppress me with your so called authority when I open carry?
    Somebody certainly has a jaded view of the world. You may want to work on getting that chip off of your shoulder. It's not their responsibility to protect you, it's their responsibility to enforce the law. Unfortunately, they can't be everywhere all of the time and that's one of the great reasons to carry a firearm yourself.

how about this, the local SO intrudes and tresspasses MY LAND, because he sees multiple vehicles going on my PRIVATE LANE, and suspects criminals farming pot.
    So tell him to get off of your property and to **** off?

and THEN after such, expects ME to pull his cruiser out of muddy ditch he drove into chasing MY company on MY LAND.
    I'd call a tow company for him, and let him and/or his department sort out the bill.

so sure, i got my backhoe out and retrieved the crown vic. i also ****ing totaled the vehicle in the process, and was sued by the county.
    You shouldn't have done a thing unless you're bonded and insured along with having a detailed liability waiver for them to sign. My wife has tow straps in the back of her Envoy because she likes helping people out and I made sure she carries liability waivers. It's sad that, these days, the safest thing you can do is not to do anything but if you must - you do have to legally cover your a**.

us vs them indeed.
    More like you vs. them. Sure, there are jack*ss cops just like there are jack*sses that aren't cops. I wouldn't say *everybody* was a jack*ss because of the actions of a small hand full of people just as I wouldn't judge others here on INGO based upon your actions or the actions of the select few that choose to troll the forums looking for trouble.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    Dude, you know the answer to that.:D

They are the hands of the Prosecuting Attorney, the HMFIC. If they get you upset, you have already lost. Just wiggle your eyebrows and blow kisses. Puts everyone at ease.:laugh:
    Just so we're covered... In the event that I do wiggle my eyebrows and blow kisses and I'm arrested for sexual harassment... You'll make sure I have a good attorney to represent me, no? :)

HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville
    On a basis of human/natural rights..

i can take care of my own ****. i don't need someone to protect me from others, and i dont need someone to protect me from myself.

assuming that I, a person, am taking care of my own self, and taking care of my own property... why do I need you?

SaintsNSinners

Shooter
    Rating - 94.1%
    16   1   0
    Mar 3, 2012
    At Work in Indy
    Other than the officer making up federal law it wasnt a bad stop, he didnt taze me, make me bite the curb or violate my orifices with a mag light. He didnt even disarm me.

He was a misinformed but nice officer once he opened up. If I can get him educated a wee bit on gun laws I'd be happy knowing he is out there protecting and serving. Decent fair officer, Cant ask for much more than that, unless we can make traffic tickets come with some slices of bacon.

As I stated before leave the LEO bashing out, Its not wanted nor warranted here.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Just so we're covered... In the event that I do wiggle my eyebrows and blow kisses and I'm arrested for sexual harassment... You'll make sure I have a good attorney to represent me, no? :)

I'm pretty sure "sexual harassment" is not a criminal offense. If you do what you mention and you get the cuffs slapped on you, it's probably a acceptance of your offer rather than offense taken.:D

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    Sexual harrassment? You work for IMPD too?
    No, but if we're making up laws as we go why couldn't I possibly sexually harass somebody I don't work with?

Just your general orders on that policy, officer.:D
    LOL.

i can take care of my own ****. i need someone to protect me from others, and i dont need someone to protect me from myself.
    The way they see it, they're protecting others from you. Uninformed? Sure, but not likely with ill intentions. Sure, there are some out there that will hassle you just for the sake of hassling you because they can but I wouldn't paint all officers with the same brush.

assuming that I, a person, am taking care of my own self, and taking care of my own property... why do I need you?
    So next time you have reason to call the police, don't and just remember that you don't need them. :).

HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville
    No, but if we're making up laws as we go why couldn't I possibly sexually harass somebody I don't work with?

LOL.

The way they see it, they're protecting others from you. Uninformed? Sure, but not likely with ill intentions. Sure, there are some out there that will hassle you just for the sake of hassling you because they can but I wouldn't paint all officers with the same brush.

So next time you have reason to call the police, don't and just remember that you don't need them. :).

well, i take that all truly, except i'd want the criminal family members notified, if they can find them. just decency that.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    This thread has gotten sooooo much better now. Thank you "ignore list"...haha
    It's a great feature, but I choose to use the 'ignore list' in my head... It goes a little something like this:

1. Read the post.
    2. Laugh out loud.
    3. Ignore post.
    4. ??? Profit ???
    The analogy to guns would be "You don't need a darn safety! Your finger is the safety!" is the same as "You don't need no darn ignore list! Your brain is the ignore list!" You still get to see the error and/or humor of the one you're ignoring so you can laugh to yourself! :)

92ThoStro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    Yea we don't need cops, because we can pull over drunk drivers, and put them in our closet until they sober up.
    Ran a red light? Just write them a citizen's ticket.
    Robbery in progress? Lets pull a dozen heavily armed and armored citizens away from their regular jobs and see how fast they get there.
    I give them a 1 hour response time at best :D

As long as the citizens tickets we write are direct deposited into our checking accounts, I don't think it's that bad of an idea :D

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I didn't think that barnstorming truck you drive had a trunk. Lol. I had an AR15 in a case in my back seat when I was stopped a couple weeks ago and the officer never even asked about it. She did ask if I was carrying a firearm and I said that I was and that was all that was said about it.
    I thought the cops with the boots were the motorcycle guys just driving cars when they can't ride their bikes.
    Carmel PD camps on a small section of 465 on the north side handing out tickets as a revenue generating venture.

richardraw316

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    The Danville
    How about, some cops are good, some cops are bad, and we leave it at that.
    this is moving far away from the op.

i went to school in martinsville, insert joke here, and most of the truck in the parking lot had gun racks in them, some had guns on them. none of them were pistols, so i find the no long guns in the passenger compartment rather strange. maybe he was lonely, and just wanted to talk to somebody.

Top Bottom