• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    I actually know a guy who buys a badge for every membership or certification he gets, including CPR and First Aid, he was a former co-worker, he'd spend his breaks polishing them. no BS

Long as you don't hear muttering under his breath and referring to a badge as "my precious", let him have his fun. Probably didn't get hugged enough as a child:dunno:

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    If the OP doesn't file a complaint with the Chief, nothing happened. The Officer will simply do the same thing, repeatedly, until he's corrected on the matter.

If this incident happened as reported, then first off the officer calling the citizen "boy" was very inappropriate. The officer not knowing the laws regarding guns does not surprise me.

Agreed. However, we should make NO allowance for it. LEO's have the responsibility to know the law, and keep up-to-date on applicable changes. This MAY mean studying at home with some frequency. If that interferes with their 'personal life', oh well. It's a CHOICE to become a LEO, and an honorable one. It ALSO comes with the weight of responsibility.

LEO's, Judges, etc. IMMEDIATELY throw out "ignorance of the law is no excuse". SAME applies to them. Since the perception by the public is that LEO's DO (and should) know the law, in making his statement to the OP the Officer attempted to intimidate a citizen by 'bluffing'. That's not just 'a mistake'. What other non-existent laws might he be trying to intimidate people into believing?

THIS is why a complaint should've been immediately filed with the top brass / IA (NOT with his Supervisor, that'd accomplish nothing). If this Officer isn't going to study the law and keep up-to-date on changes, he has no business with a badge.

NO, this is not 'cop bashing'. It IS sticking up for the vast majority of LEO's doing a wonderful job. It's ALSO trying to get rid of those with the 'stormtrooper with a badge' mentality.

Last edited:

SaintsNSinners

Shooter
    Rating - 94.1%
    16   1   0
    Mar 3, 2012
    At Work in Indy
    I called the traffic division and left a mesage. Im not out to get the guy in trouble. With a wee bit of education, if he can keep his attitude in check he is not a bad buy. After it was all said and done with he was a nice guy. I actually enjoyed the after part standing out side my car smoking a cigarette talking about different firearms.

kiddchaos

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 11, 2011
    Indianapolis
    How about, some cops are good, some cops are bad, and we leave it at that.
    this is moving far away from the op.

i went to school in martinsville, insert joke here, and most of the truck in the parking lot had gun racks in them, some had guns on them. none of them were pistols, so i find the no long guns in the passenger compartment rather strange. maybe he was lonely, and just wanted to talk to somebody.

Yes. A friend of mine was there a few years back in the Taco-Bell drive thru. There was a kid in front of him (also in the drive thru) on a 10-speed bike with shotgun slung on his back. Gotta get some tacos before you go hunting. :)

Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down
    Yes. A friend of mine was there a few years back in the Taco-Bell drive thru. There was a kid in front of him (also in the drive thru) on a 10-speed bike with shotgun slung on his back. Gotta get some tacos before you go hunting. :)

Five or six years ago a guy I worked with had an 870 Tactical and an AR he wanted to sell at the 1500. His truck was in the shop, so he rode his motorcycle from Peru to Indy with them slung on his back in an X, Mad Max style. He was a big guy too, so I imagine most people got out of his way on 31.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    Can steroids cause hemorrhoids?? Perhaps...! You can pick up a lot,butt how do you strengthen the sphincter? Those roids will make the rrhoids much worse until cycling becomes a pain in the ....never mind.

Note to self: never again Google "rectal prolapse picture"

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Dude, you know the answer to that.:D

They are the hands of the Prosecuting Attorney, the HMFIC. If they get you upset, you have already lost. Just wiggle your eyebrows and blow kisses. Puts everyone at ease.:laugh:

Wow Kirk, very blunt. I am a mite surprised. I still am pondering if I missed the purple or not. First time in a while my sarchasometer is not giving me a clear reading.

I totally agree with the first line. That IS their job. Only negative info gained by police is admissable in a court of law. Anything positive obtained in "interview/interrogation" that could help the decendant ic concidered hearsay.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    It's a great feature, but I choose to use the 'ignore list' in my head... It goes a little something like this:

1. Read the post.
    2. Laugh out loud.
    3. Ignore post.
    4. ??? Profit ???
    The analogy to guns would be "You don't need a darn safety! Your finger is the safety!" is the same as "You don't need no darn ignore list! Your brain is the ignore list!" You still get to see the error and/or humor of the one you're ignoring so you can laugh to yourself! :)

Some have neither the mental ability nor the intestinal fortitude to do this. For them the ignore list is their only resort. Many also went to Canada in the sixties for similar reasons.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Dude, you know the answer to that.:D

They are the hands of the Prosecuting Attorney, the HMFIC. If they get you upset, you have already lost. Just wiggle your eyebrows and blow kisses. Puts everyone at ease.:laugh:

This is true. You certainly will never gain anything by answering a law enforcement officers questions. If they are asking questions even ones seaming to shoot the **** they will use your answers to build a picture of you and if they poke enough and find something you did wrong then all of it is going to be used against you in court. It truly is best to smile and say nothing. Give them your info (if they have legal probable cause to see it) and take your fine, then pay it later.
    I don't understand the people who let a law enforcement officer just search their car or home because they ask. Stupid. I don't even want my neighbor in my house an especially not someone who is most certainly there to poke around and take mental notes of everything.
    This is not anti law enforcement. It's called your rights. They are juSt as powerful as the laws the Leo's are trying to enforce by questioning you to see if you broke one. He'll I don't even know all the laws. Seems like everytime I turn around I learn of a new one. Some make sense and some are stupid but none the less they are laws and even if your unknowingly breaking one they will still put the cuffs on you or ticket you just as fast. So I'm in no hurry to go down the list of activities in my day to find one. In some states people get years in jail for what we do freely here. You just never know. Why take a chance on your freedom or bank roll.

Last edited:

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Some have neither the mental ability nor the intestinal fortitude to do this. For them the ignore list is their only resort. Many also went to Canada in the sixties for similar reasons.

orlybaby.gif

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Why! Den, I thought I was already on your ignore list. Since I soiled your shiny hobnails.

They say cold water and oxy work best. Maybe put a shallow panfull in your [STRIKE]blood[/STRIKE] mud room.

Last edited:

Car Ramrod

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Westfield
    Just an FYI, the stretch of I65/38th street, starting from the light at Knollton/Cold Spring Road, is 55mph. I also have no recollection of there being a drop to 40mph anywhere on the off ramp from I65N to the stretch where it is combined with 38th street.

Where are you saying it is posted as 40mph? Were you headed South on I65?

Last edited:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom