• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    Robbery in progress? Lets pull a dozen heavily armed and armored citizens away from their regular jobs and see how fast they get there.
    I give them a 1 hour response time at best :D
    Or, this day in age, "Oh... a house is being robbed? Is it mine? No? Oh, sucks to be whoever is being robbed..." *goes back to doing whatever they were doing*.

If they do go to the scene, it's to watch/be nosy and not to help.

Again, this doesn't describe everybody but is more of a comical extension of what you said.

richardraw316

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    The Danville
    Yea we don't need cops, because we can pull over drunk drivers, and put them in our closet until they sober up.
    Ran a red light? Just write them a citizen's ticket.
    Robbery in progress? Lets pull a dozen heavily armed and armored citizens away from their regular jobs and see how fast they get there.
    I give them a 1 hour response time at best :D

Sorry, i am busy that day, maybe 2 hours.:D

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Allow me to give you a little analogy here..

(for the record, this is MY opinion, not INGO policy :D )

If you, as a gun owner, do not wish to be judged by the actions of a few thugs who use guns in crimes, wouldn't it be wise to give the same courtesy to LEOs, and not judge all by the actions of a few?

Food for thought.. back to your regularly scheduled programming..

richardraw316

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    The Danville

If you, as a gun owner, do not wish to be judged by the actions of a few thugs who use guns in crimes, wouldn't it be wise to give the same courtesy to LEOs, and not judge all by the actions of a few?

Good stuff, i would give you rep, but i am all out for the day, and you look like your full.:ingo:

92ThoStro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    Oh the nightmares, instead of cops keeping people moving at an accident scene, everyone just pulls over and gets out and pokes their heads in. I'm not liking this world we are creating here :scared:

92ThoStro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012

We don't need Mods either! We got this, we don't need your authority looming over us. :cool:
    Mods are just internet cops.

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    HOW TO CALL THE POLICE
    Roger Gresse, an elderly man, from Zanesville, OH, was going up to bed, when his wife told him that he'd left the light on in the garden shed. Roger opened the back door to go turn off the light, but saw that there were people in the shed stealing things.
    He phoned the police, who asked, "Is someone in your house?"
    He said "No," but some people are breaking into my garden shed and stealing from me."
    Then the police dispatcher said. "All patrols are busy. You should lock your doors and an officer will be along when one is available."
    Roger said, "Okay."
    He hung up the phone and counted to 30.
    Then he phoned the police again.
    "Hello, I just called you a few seconds ago because there were people stealing things from my shed. Well, you don't have to worry about them now because I just shot them," and he hung up.
    Within five minutes, six police cars, a SWAT team, a helicopter, two fire trucks, a paramedic, and an ambulance showed up at the Gresse residence, and caught the burglars red-handed.
    One of the policemen said to Roger, "I thought you said that you'd shot them!"
    Roger said, "I thought you said there was nobody available!"

I got to spread the love... but this deserves rep :):

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm just glad this didnt end with another ND
    i-see-what-you-did-there.jpg

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    well, the question is a matter of statistic really, and its universal really.

how many clearly WRONG persons does it take for an entire group to be considered overall wrong?

i dont like cops because they try and wield authority over me. i dont like the idea of civilians thinking they have some special power (read:authority) over other civilians. your 'authority' is granted to you by the sway of a politician. the minute you forget you're a civilian, and take on a 'us vs them' mindset, you instantly become a combatant- by definition.

Speaking for myself I could care less if you like the cops. I don't know about any other cops but I am not in this job to be popular. I guess somehow someone not liking me is supposed to keep me up nights or something.:laugh::laugh: Sheezzz.

Some people cannot handle authority. They hate their dad when he busts their butt, they hate the teacher that sends them to the office, they hate the cop that tickets or arrests them and they hate the judge that finds them guilty. They hate anyone and everyone that interferes with anything they set their mind on doing. As a result they find fault in anything the above mentioned do or say. It is called immaturity and lack of discipline imo.:twocents:

Last edited:

traderdan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Martinsville
    I believe that pressure against improper use of "authority" is what has made this US of A very different than many other nations.We have the means to resist. I know a lot of good guys who make their living as law enforcement officers,and I know a few who take themselves a little too seriously.It seems to me that it is very important for everyone to remember that LEOs are not acting upon some power that THEY possess,it is the rule of law mandated by society....The OP has shed light upon an officer that apparently may not understand this distinction.Perhaps he will receive an education.

alexanjl12

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 17, 2010
    Westside Indy
    Ok, I'm confused. Ignoring the fact that the OP was within his legal rights to carry a long gun in the front seat, if the officer was under the belief that it was a federal offense, why wasn't the OP cited/arrested?

He just let someone who was breaking federal law(according to the officer) go with only a speeding ticket? If he was going to let him go due to officer discretion, at the very least wouldn't he have told the OP to place the rifle/ammo into the trunk?

Something isn't adding up right here :dunno:

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Ok, I'm confused. Ignoring the fact that the OP was within his legal rights to carry a long gun in the front seat, if the officer was under the belief that it was a federal offense, why wasn't the OP cited/arrested?

He just let someone who was breaking federal law(according to the officer) go with only a speeding ticket? If he was going to let him go due to officer discretion, at the very least wouldn't he have told the OP to place the rifle/ammo into the trunk?

Something isn't adding up right here :dunno:

I don't think State/Local enforce Federal law.

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    When the weather outside is frightful, sometimes we become inventive to entertain ourselves. Sometimes we rustle one anothers' jimmies on the 'net...

Sometimes...
    1zyjw3s_zps76124087.gif

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Hey, if there is a problem with an officer (and there certainly is a legit issue here) take it up with THAT officer. It's not my fault he's a dumbass. For the record, I'm cycling off my steriods (or did you mean hemerroids?) and I'm on vacation so my beat can kiss my ass.

On vacation and reading INGO? That will wreck your blood preasure.:):

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    If this incident happened as reported, then first off the officer calling the citizen "boy" was very inappropriate. The officer not knowing the laws regarding guns does not surprise me. Many don't surprisingly and the ones that do we are fortunate to have and hopefully educate the others.
    Why did you end up getting out of the car?? Did he order you out? Doesn't seem like the kind of officer I would want to get out and talk shop to.

The officer safety argument he tried to use doesn't hold water. If you were a true danger to him and wanted to use a gun against him then he most likely wouldn't ever see it. You could have it on your lap under a jacket and shoot him through the car door and he'd never know the difference.
    I dot understand people (all people) being afraid of guns they see. It's the ones you don't see that could hurt you.
    Hopefully the officers here that know him will educate him and maybe you could file a complaint on the way he talked to you.

Last edited:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom