• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville
    Why? Sounds like the perpetuation of the "us vs. them" attitude and it's not coming from "us".

well, in my spare time between calling my locker room girlfriends i dont usually worry about spouting off clearly wrong legal info. yeah, i'm totally one-sided here. there's not a totally correct stigma attached with LEO at all.
    check your roids and get back to your beat, somewhere there is a donut on the lam.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    well, in my spare time between calling my locker room girlfriends i dont usually worry about spouting off clearly wrong legal info. yeah, i'm totally one-sided here. there's not a totally correct stigma attached with LEO at all.
    check your roids and get back to your beat, somewhere there is a donut on the lam.

Hey, if there is a problem with an officer (and there certainly is a legit issue here) take it up with THAT officer. It's not my fault he's a dumbass. For the record, I'm cycling off my steriods (or did you mean hemerroids?) and I'm on vacation so my beat can kiss my ass.

HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville
    Hey, if there is a problem with an officer (and there certainly is a legit issue here) take it up with THAT officer. It's not my fault he's a dumbass. For the record, I'm cycling off my steriods (or did you mean hemerroids?) and I'm on vacation so my beat can kiss my ass.

well, the question is a matter of statistic really, and its universal really.

how many clearly WRONG persons does it take for an entire group to be considered overall wrong?

i dont like cops because they try and wield authority over me. i dont like the idea of civilians thinking they have some special power (read:authority) over other civilians. your 'authority' is granted to you by the sway of a politician. the minute you forget you're a civilian, and take on a 'us vs them' mindset, you instantly become a combatant- by definition.

traderdan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Martinsville

Can steroids cause hemorrhoids?? Perhaps...! You can pick up a lot,butt how do you strengthen the sphincter? Those roids will make the rrhoids much worse until cycling becomes a pain in the ....never mind.

FireBirdDS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 28, 2012
    Indianapolis, IN
    If I have any long guns in the car PERIOD, I usually like to hug much closer to the speed limit. You just never know who it is pulling you over. Anyone behind me who doesn't like it... well tough luck I guess.

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    Just for my complete clarification;

It's perfectly legal in IN for anyone legally allowed to posses a long gun to travel with it loaded in a car, or over their shoulder walking down the street.

Even if under 18? If they can legally posses they can legally carry. Right? That is my current understanding of IN law on long guns.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    You should have insisted he place you under arrest for those "federal offenses". Your lawyer would have a field day with this one.;)
    I, personally, would prefer to go about my day and bring it to the attention of the officer via a formal complaint to his/her supervisor at a later time of my convenience.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    We need an Internet tough guy rating system to accompany the rep.

Hahaha, some would be gold stars with that.

InternetToughGuy.jpg

92ThoStro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    Yea under 18 can carry I believe, since I have seen INGO member's photos, one had their daughter (5-7 years old maybe? ) OCing a pink 22 rifle at a 2nd amendment rally. Since there isn't a law saying you can't that means you can, or at least it should.

HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville
    I, personally, would prefer to go about my day and bring it to the attention of the officer via a formal complaint to his/her supervisor at a later time of my convenience.

i can appreciate this, really. but if you're let off, a complaint after the fact is worthless. its like saying, 'this mean man said a bunch of words to me, but did nothing officially'

"uh... so.. pretty much.. nothing happened to you right? whats your complaint again sir?"

complacence is collaboration.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    i can appreciate this, really. but if you're let off, a complaint after the fact is worthless. its like saying, 'this mean man said a bunch of words to me, but did nothing officially'
    It's not worthless if the officer becomes more educated on the law and learns the errors of their ways. You're obviously very opinionated on this subject and it's unlikely anything anybody here says is going to change your mind so continue debating if you wish, I'm done :).

"uh... so.. pretty much.. nothing happened to you right? whats your complaint again sir?"
    If you have nothing to complain about, then there is no issue to begin with. It shouldn't be too hard to figure out what the complaint should be, based upon your argument.

complacence is collaboration.
    Not being arrested, not going to court, not having to defend yourself in court, and not having to hire an attorney is not what I would call 'complacence' it's what I would call 'smart'.

If you want to be arrested to make a point, by all means, go for it. I won't tell you not to.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    i dont like cops because they try and wield authority over me. i dont like the idea of civilians thinking they have some special power (read:authority) over other civilians. your 'authority' is granted to you by the sway of a politician. the minute you forget you're a civilian, and take on a 'us vs them' mindset, you instantly become a combatant- by definition.

Therein lies the problem. It doesn't matter how cordial, polite, helpful, whatever we may be. The simple fact we have some authority over you negates it all. Well, whether you like me or not, appreciate what I do or not, I still do it. There is a job to do and I (like most of us) do our best to do it. Again, it seems YOU are perpetuating the "us vs. them" attitude. You don't like us because you see us as different than you. That is the same thing you want us to avoid. Seems a bit hypocritical.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    Therein lies the problem. It doesn't matter how cordial, polite, helpful, whatever we may be. The simple fact we have some authority over you negates it all. Well, whether you like me or not, appreciate what I do or not, I still do it. There is a job to do and I (like most of us) do our best to do it. Again, it seems YOU are perpetuating the "us vs. them" attitude. You don't like us because you see us as different than you. That is the same thing you want us to avoid. Seems a bit hypocritical.
    No matter what you say, you aren't going to change his mind. You're wasting your energy, but I venture a guess that you already know this.

SaintsNSinners

Shooter
    Rating - 94.1%
    16   1   0
    Mar 3, 2012
    At Work in Indy
    LEOs provide a service.... please do not turn my thread into an LEO bashing thread... VUPDBlue and Denny are terrific...

Even with a cop that's being a rectal hat like this one was, the last thing any LEO I interact with hears from me is the phrase you stay safe out here. I'm SICK OF THE I hate cops leos are stupid posts...

HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville

well, when i stop seeing these type of threads i'll throw away my attitude of LEOs. how about that? when any of them remember they are indeed civilians like those that are around them, i'll forget the 'us vs them' attitude. when they realize that the public can serve themselves better than a chump with a piece of tin, i'll go so far as respect them.

what is it exactly you do for me again? protect me from thugs with your 20 minute response time? detain, question, and oppress me with your so called authority when I open carry?

how about this, the local SO intrudes and tresspasses MY LAND, because he sees multiple vehicles going on my PRIVATE LANE, and suspects criminals farming pot.
    and THEN after such, expects ME to pull his cruiser out of muddy ditch he drove into chasing MY company on MY LAND.

so sure, i got my backhoe out and retrieved the crown vic. i also ****ing totaled the vehicle in the process, and was sued by the county. i counter-sued upon the basis i destroyed my productive farmland in assisting said LEO. still tied up.

us vs them indeed.

Top Bottom