• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Yup, and he got a ticket for speeding, wonder how long it will take him to pay for a new ISP car?

Meh, that'll buff right out. The insurance should pay for the damages. The East 465 speed traps have been going on forever. Thier Post is about 1 mile from there, they don't even have to drive far to start ringing the cash register.

Why worry about posting their pics? They're out in public in uniform everyday.

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    Why is that? All but 2 or 3 are K9's. They have 2 dogs so they need the extra space. A patrol dog and a bomb dog. I rather like those. They handle better than the Crown Vics on the race track.

Ahhh, did not realize they had two dogs........... I figured it was just one dog and I thought "man.... that dog has it made haha".

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Why are the cops getting all these awesome cars to drive when there are schools closing, teachers being laid off, etc,etc. I'm not a tree hugging hippie or anything....but it seems funny to me that these guys are gettin richer and richer, while the "average citizen" is having a tougher time every day. I don't see the need myself, seems like the "public servant" roles have changed.

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    Why are the cops getting all these awesome cars to drive when there are schools closing, teachers being laid off, etc,etc. I'm not a tree hugging hippie or anything....but it seems funny to me that these guys are gettin richer and richer, while the "average citizen" is having a tougher time every day. I don't see the need myself, seems like the "public servant" roles have changed.

I'd guess these cars don't cost anymore than a decked out police car with custom paint and graphics.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon

They bring in $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1032JBT

LEO and PROUD of it.......even if others aren't
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Noblesville

Well for starters..........the "higher end" cars really don't cost much more than a crown vic and in the long haul it's actually cheaper due to maintenence costs.

I think off the goverenment bid list the charger I have was only about 2 grand more than a crown vic. It will more than surpass that 2 grand in maint costs and still have time left on the road.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Yeah, I get that. Why are we allowing it?

Not much we can do about it really. I think wreckless driving and DUIs should be cracked down on but speeding while no other infractions are strictly revenue producing operations. There are much better ways these guys could spend their time and our money. :twocents:

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Well for starters..........the "higher end" cars really don't cost much more than a crown vic and in the long haul it's actually cheaper due to maintenence costs.

I think off the goverenment bid list the charger I have was only about 2 grand more than a crown vic. It will more than surpass that 2 grand in maint costs and still have time left on the road.

Why is the maintanence cost any different? Should be about the same if not more. ONLY 2K more per car. Two thousand x how many cars? Plus the high performance cars are smaller and have a more limited range of duties.

1032JBT

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Noblesville
    Why is the maintanence cost any different? Should be about the same if not more. ONLY 2K more per car. Two thousand x how many cars? Plus the high performance cars are smaller and have a more limited range of duties.

Beacause the cars like mine hold up better than the Fords do, just the way it works out. Well when we buy the cars we normally buy 10-20 at a time, which I agree costs more up front, but I also subscribe to the theory of "buy once cry once". It costs more up front but actually saves money over time. And we don't buy them at list price.........we get them off a government bid and they are cheaper than the "off the lot" price.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Saw 4-5 Mustangs earlier today as I was on my way from Greenwood to Castleton, all but 1 were on south bound / west bound 465.

And you know what? I'm OK with it.

I wish they'd write MORE tickets. Why? Because why not a fine for "breaking the law" as opposed to an arrest. I DO think, though, that the amount of the fines should be lowered. Or re-do the fine amount based on the % above the speed limit you were going.

If a traffic enforcement "division" wrote enough tickets, they could virtually pay for themselves. Why not let those "speeding law breakers" pay for it as opposed to everyone else?

I should also state that I drive a 19-year old car. I drive around 63-65mph on 465 and usually feel like I'll be blown off the road. In a 65mph zone on the interstate, I'm at 65. In the right lane. And on a 70mph interstate...I'm going 67 or so. In the right lane.

infidel

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    I don't understand why people get all high and mighty about how they are soooo good at driving that they drive under the speed limit. You aren't being a good driver if you are making people slam on their brakes or cut people off to get around you because you are the slowest person on the road. Go with the flow of traffic, don't become an obstacle.

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    I don't understand why people get all high and mighty about how they are soooo good at driving that they drive under the speed limit. You aren't being a good driver if you are making people slam on their brakes or cut people off to get around you because you are the slowest person on the road. Go with the flow of traffic, don't become an obstacle.

The problem is that the flow of traffic tends to be 10MPH over and even then your post holds no ground because the people doing 80+ on 65 will still be jumping on their brakes to avoid hitting th epeople going with the flow :).

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Yeah, I get that. Why are we allowing it?

Whats the big deal? Besides how could you stop it?

The answer to the riddle is to not speed and if you do deal with the ticket possibilities. I typically drive 5 over on most interstates and haven't been pulled over in years. But if I get a ticket for 5 over or whatever, I cant be mad at them, I was speeding.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Beacause the cars like mine hold up better than the Fords do, just the way it works out. Well when we buy the cars we normally buy 10-20 at a time, which I agree costs more up front, but I also subscribe to the theory of "buy once cry once". It costs more up front but actually saves money over time. And we don't buy them at list price.........we get them off a government bid and they are cheaper than the "off the lot" price.

I didn't think the MOPARs were that reliable. When I was in Kalifornia the Staties would sometimes use seized cars. It was funny seeing a 300ZX or 911 painted up like CHIP cars!

1032JBT

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Noblesville
    I didn't think the MOPARs were that reliable. When I was in Kalifornia the Staties would sometimes use seized cars. It was funny seeing a 300ZX or 911 painted up like CHIP cars!

I have had mine for a year and have had zero issues with it.........and they may not be that reliable, but they are still better than the crown vics. Also, I know it's hard to belive....but they actually are quite roomy inside.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    No one thinks twice. Everyone speeds. Spend a day with me and you'll see a dozen people try to occupy my backseat they tailgate so closely. Again, I might actually pass some cars that are driving on flat tires, or driver is 95+, but in general everybody speeds past me 100% of the time.

So it is safer to do it your way than it is to do 5 over the limit and not risk being rear ended every second you are on the road?

Boilers

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Indianapolis

I'm a realist. I can't afford the ticket, time off (if fighting), and/or points/insurance increase. Nothing high or might. Just saying it's easier to do it this way and ensure no tickets.

Now, I am an ADVOCATE for upping the speed limit, if that is what everyone wants. Again, it's an UPPER LIMIT not what you have to go, too. Plus, I love my 50 mpg, and wind drag is horrible above 62 mph. :)

Top Bottom