20100322-084534-pic-433157250_t607.jpg

Doughnuts!! :D

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    West Lafayette has Chargers which seems like a smart move (to me). Hard to find a large sedan to haul all that batgear that cops have to tote around.

There's some wierd inverse ratio going on: as the gear load increases, the cop cars become smaller. The SUVs and pick ups like down South make sense to me.

I looked real hard at a Charger (the insurance company gave me one while my SUV was being fixed after the deer on 65). I just couldn't buy a car from Obama.

Boilers, thanks for the heads up. I'm too old to speed but like to know what's going on when I'm in Indy.

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    They have lots of unmarked chargers now...a few marked ones as well. They are indeed using a pimped out Tahoe with 20's on it. Funny seeing that lit up with a uniformed Trooper driving it.

I have seen that vehicle on I-70 WB around Emerson Ave. in Indy, as well as in western Hancock County on 600 W/Mt. Comfort Rd. just south of the I-70 on/off ramps.

Friday I saw the Mustangs out on I-70 on Indy's east side. Yesterday they were on I-465 around I-74 interchange on the SE side of town. Today at 6:45AM, one was doing traffic on I-70 WB on the east side again. They are out in force.

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    My daughter got a following too close ticket by a blue with white stripe one, in the 45 MPH construction zone near Lebanon.
    She told him she was over 2 car lengths and why not ticket all the cars flying by her .

He said she could go to court. :rolleyes:

So since some folks get away with bank robbery, we shouldn't arrest anyone for bank robbery?

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Keep an eye out on 37 around the 144 intersection. I see a silver mustang, black stripes and black tinted windows. He doesn't seem to enforce unless the guy pulled over is driving like a total douche!

My oldest daughter used to complain about getting ticketed on 465. She said everybody else was driving 65-70mph. I told her it might have something to do with non-signaled lane changes, foot hanging out the window, aggressive tactics, you know, driving like a total douche!

Last edited:

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Just a couple thoughts. When you disguise yourself to issue invoices for very low level code infractions the public can't help but see through the facade and recognize it as nothing but revenue generation/legal theft. Criminals use disguises or cover their face.

Second, I have never fully grasped the concept of 'stepped up" enforcement weekends, months, etc. Does that mean that during the other months the law wasn't being enforced? Was it being lightly enforced? Medium level? Knowing that more people will be going out driving on holiday weekends, departments will utilize more resources to increase the number of code enforcement citations issued. But, we know that traffic accidents are still more likely happen to during these time frames. The conclusion I draw is that there are more fish in the barrel.

Code enforcement is no different than other government bureaucracies in that they create make-work programs to justify their existence. For the most part, traffic enforcement, particularly federally funded programs like Click it or Ticket or "Increased Enforcement" weekends, are simply make work busy programs that generate revenue, reinforce the balance of power paradigm, and justify the need for a police department to drive around Mustangs and other performance sports cars purchased with money seized from your wallet.

Boilers

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    In the interim while I've been living in the RW, this thread really took off.

For two years now I've driven the speed limit and I have arrived at all my destinations, unharmed. You, too, can drive the speed limit! :) It's painless. HONEST.

Ok, if I get my in-car camera with GPS and record speeders (ALL of them/you), can I submit that as evidence and have them all ticekted?

Ok, perhaps not all of them. Well, if I point it backwards and record someone following me unsafely, what's my recourse?

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    I GOTTA SEE A PIC OF THIS STATE POLICE PIMPED OUT TAHOE ride'n on 20's!!!!! :laugh:

$20 to the first INGO member with over 50 post, who puts up a picture of it in this thread!!!!! HAS TO BE THE ACTUAL ONE FROM HERE IN INDIANA with the trooper next to it so we know its the real one!!!! PLEASE!!!! >>> If you take a picture of the trooper, block out his face before you post it!!!! I dont believe in publicly posting pics of our LEO's, out of respect for their privacy & safety. Im serious.

If you can adhere to the above, you will get a $20 bill from me, just because thats how much that laugh is gonna be worth.

PM me with the pic or a link the this thread because i might not ever find this thread again if you dont, :):

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    I drive the East side of 465 3-4 days a week. I have seen at least one person pulled over by a 'Stang every time I go through there for about 2 weeks now. Friday I saw FOUR people pulled over by Mustangs in about a mile's length, lol.

Also been seeing a lot of ISP motorcycles over there too.

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    On the way home, while doing my normal 'driving the speed limit or under', I noticed about SEVEN ISP MUSTANGS on I-465 with pulled over cars.

You have been warned.

465 and ISP is old news haha. It is pretty much a given to see them up near the construction area.

On the above then are GT's so they are V-8's....... I know CO State Police has Chargers....... near positive they are V-8 Chargers...... I did not think to look/listen last time I saw them.

All the IMPD Tahoes have been making me laugh though.

Boilers

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    You know, they bought too early. The 2011 Mustang GTs will have 412 HP!!! Suckers!!!

(My Prius has 70 hp gas engine...and gets me up and down mountains just fine)

Top Bottom