• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    It is almost nearly impossible to drive the speed limit and not be run over.
    Drivers routinely try to occupy the area you are currently in, and if they can't do that they will be in such a bust arse hurry that they will ride your rear, nearly clip your bumper while trying to pass you on the left, then the cut you off and take the exit to the right. All for what, a mere .5 seconds.

You truly want to correct the public's problem with speeding. tailgating and dangerous driving?

This is what needs to be done, drop the excessive fines and start issuing suspensions.

You threaten a individual with the possibility that they are going to have to bum, borrow, beg, take a bus or taxi for a ride then every person who drives a vehicle will change their mindset and start to operate and drive the vehicle like a sane person.

I don't think that will help. Look how many ppl drive now with suspended or no license. I don't know what the solution is. I do think ppl need to use more common sense when they drive though. If the speed limit is 40 and everyone is doing 50 except you that is more of a safety concern than the speeders. I try to drive defensively and courteously. I'm not saying there aren't times I'd like to push ppl off the road or throw ball bearings out of the sun roof at tailgaters, I'm just saying... :dunno:

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I just saw a black, unmarked Durango on the Southside of Indy on County Line. It's the first of those I've seen down here.

I don't think the suspensions will work either. More and more folks are becoming scoff laws and live by what they think they can get away with instead of by what they think is right.

Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.
    Remember that those mustangs drivers have a 300 tickets a month min. to keep those rides.

My daughter got a following too close ticket by a blue with white stripe one, in the 45 MPH construction zone near Lebanon.
    She told him she was over 2 car lengths and why not ticket all the cars flying by her .

He said she could go to court. :rolleyes:

misconfig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2009
    Avon
    I've always wondered how it's legal to do this; I think it's BS.

I saw these troopers lined up today on 65 when I left the Eagle Creek Range.

I got pulled over by one of the mustang cops about 2 years ago, I have never got a moving violation in all of my life.. He let me go, I was very surprised and happy.

22lr

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Jeff Gordon Country
    I drove up to Fort Wayne today and going North on I-69 some punk blew past me in his ghetto Chrysler 300 (limo tint, all blacked out, big chrome rims). Not 3 minutes later a mustang got him. Ahh that made my day. :D

Also not sure about Indiana but last I remember "official" quotas for keeping a car were illegal. Can anyone confirm this about Indiana? Or am I just dreaming this up?

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    Also not sure about Indiana but last I remember "official" quotas for keeping a car were illegal. Can anyone confirm this about Indiana? Or am I just dreaming this up?

Im thinking that would be a good question for the Indiana State Police Superintendent.:D

Ashkelon

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    changes by the minute
    They were drilling people on 65 by the 70 split in Indy today. Working that whole section of interstate like a rib. I made a few passes due to hauling mulch and man they were thick.

1032JBT

LEO and PROUD of it.......even if others aren't
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Noblesville
    I don't think that will help. Look how many ppl drive now with suspended or no license. I don't know what the solution is. I do think ppl need to use more common sense when they drive though. If the speed limit is 40 and everyone is doing 50 except you that is more of a safety concern than the speeders. I try to drive defensively and courteously. I'm not saying there aren't times I'd like to push ppl off the road or throw ball bearings out of the sun roof at tailgaters, I'm just saying... :dunno:

Maybe we should start hooking cars for say..........20+ over???? That would get some peoples atttention, but then people will get on here saying that speed limits are illegal anyway.....:dunno:

Sureshot129

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    NW Indiana
    I drove up to Fort Wayne today and going North on I-69 some punk blew past me in his ghetto Chrysler 300 (limo tint, all blacked out, big chrome rims). Not 3 minutes later a mustang got him. Ahh that made my day. :D

On Officer.com there was a thread about this for ISP nothing about mustangs but if they wanted to keep there take-home cars thay had to have 120 contacts a month and 2 DUI's a month. If true that stopping 4 or 5 people a day:faint: A friend of mine a former local police officer told me that he could get 2 DUI's on a SUNDAY after 10am easy.

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    Sneaky Sneaky.
    3652104_std.jpg

1032JBT

LEO and PROUD of it.......even if others aren't
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Noblesville
    Why do the police need unmarked vehicles?
    Seems they can be more of a deterrent to speeders if they are fully marked and visible.

Whats next, plain clothes with CC? :)

I used to work in a unit that was unmarked cars and plain clothes, but it wasn't like street crimes or anything just a warrant unit.

Top Bottom