• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JohnE

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    So they supposedly fixed the red ring. When they start lasting longer on a regular basis I might think about getting one. Since this is a gun board look at it this way. If you was going to buy a gun any gun would you chose one that fails and you have to keep sending it back or would you buy one that isn't going to fail?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    ps3 has been hacked. 360 has not.

More correctly:

Sony has ticked off a large, occasionally organized and determined group of extremely capable internet nerds. Microsoft (as yet) has not. :):

To quote Extra Credits, "Do not mess with people who want to put Linux on their Playstations. You are wasting your time".

Sailor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    So they supposedly fixed the red ring. When they start lasting longer on a regular basis I might think about getting one. Since this is a gun board look at it this way. If you was going to buy a gun any gun would you chose one that fails and you have to keep sending it back or would you buy one that isn't going to fail?

People spend a lot of money on 1911's knowing they will need work to run reliably.

And, over 100 posts about video games? Really, you can't find something more productive to do?

Putting on my Nomex now.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    People spend a lot of money on 1911's knowing they will need work to run reliably.

And, over 100 posts about video games? Really, you can't find something more productive to do?

Putting on my Nomex now.

I'm assuming purple, but if not...

This is already a waste of time, by and large. The break room is generally for wasting time (thus the Status Update...thread? Chat room? Bizarre new world?)

bigg cheese

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Crawfordsville
    Tell you what -- If you're looking for online services, go with a dedicated media player box. I picked up one for 99 last week. It does netflix, blockbuster, Cinema Now (to rent/buy new releases and just-aired TV shows), and a host of other services. It also plays (almost) every file format that's out there that you have stored on your PC or USB drive plugged into it.

The problem with all-in-one devices is the same problem I have with buffet's like Ponderosa and Golden Corral. They have a whole lot of mediocrity.

Of course a PC is different :). With the right setup, it can do everything and be awesome at all of them :).

Boost Lee

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Greenwood, IN
    I think as XB360 improves and offers a smooth running platform when using Hulu, Netflix, etc... More and more people are beginning to realize it is the better of the two.

I personally own(ed) both and they're both great... but Xbox has many advantages anymore.

(Xbox Live gaming is superior, Netflix runs great on it, Controller is definitely more gamer friendly).

Last edited:

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    Xbox 360.

1) it has never had it's customers financial information compromised on a grand scale...sure people get phished...but they are silly and shouldn't send money online.

2) as far as I know, there haven't been any Microsoft exclusives pulled from being exclusive and placed on both consoles

3) cheating/hacking results in a console ban, and has an actual enforcement team that takes no BS.

4) dashboard/friends list integration
    I'm not too familiar with ps3 "friends" but the 360s setup is nearly flawless...they just need to increase capacity.

5) controller:
    Ergonomic-perfect contour for most hands
    Triggers- actually separate triggers...not bumpers
    No Bluetooth

6) upgrades: 4gb console (slim) hd can be pulled and a custom formatted 320gb hd installed, controllers-wireless,wired, razer onza (FTW).

7) headsets- I use trotting ax 720s, others use Astros a40s (overpriced IMHO), sennheisers, turtle beach x11/31/41/hpx (hpx are THE best quality cans IMHO)

8) if you are into piracy for single player ...very easy to hack and play (backup) games...if you do this expect never going onto xbl again...avg ban time is half an hour tops.

9) achievements-annoying and assisting at the same time. Nothing makes you smile...or chuck your controller more.

I've had an Xbox 360 since launch, I'm also on number 6 or 7...can't remember.If you are worried about failure...the new slims have a built in shut down/forced temp control to keep everything below critical temps.

I've been screwed by microsoft out of an Xbox 5 or 6 times. They've fixed it every time free of charge. Oh yeah, I've only had 1 RRoD otherwise it has been hard drive or DVD drive failures. If you are worried about failure...the new slims have a built in shut down/forced t

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    See, I keep going back to the xbox 360, but I HATE the idea of anything malfunctioning. I have yet to read anything going bad with the PS3....

Boost Lee

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Greenwood, IN
    Neither or flawless. I've seem my share of defective PS3's... (Take my word for that).

The Red Rings of Death are a thing of the past unless you leave your XB360 on 24/7 inside of a sauna wrapped in a hot towel.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    Google-Fu is your friend. Ps3s disc drive and hds fail all the time...they just don't light up with a hardware error code. At one point I read that ps3s were approaching 360 failure rates...but I believe both have plateaud.

The 120gb elite I have has been solid for 2 years now...other than my kind spilling juice near the DVD drive gears...so occasionally I have to do "the paperclip" trick to put MW3 in 2 days ago.

In all honesty, I consider the ps3 a "sports gamers" platform bc the dpad is awesome, for everything else, I feel from experience the 360 is superior.

It's up to you, if it's any consolation, on 2old2play I haven't heard of Antibes 360 dying in a few months.

Gamestop on black Friday has the 250gb slim without kinect for $140. Winner winner chicken dinner.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    How much is the warranty for the Xbox?
    Well, it comes with a 1 year warranty, but some sellers offer extended warranties. The prices vary. I've always been partial to Sam's Clubs. Theirs take effect after the manufacturers warranty so a 3 year warranty gives you 4 years of coverage. And they're not too expensive, either.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I just got home.

I played all the demos they had at Walmart and GameStop.

And I came home with a Xbox 360 and the new Call Of Duty game. :D

Top Bottom