• ...and so much more!
  • Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    I just got home.

I played all the demos they had at Walmart and GameStop.

And I came home with a Xbox 360 and the new Call Of Duty game. :D

Wise choice. As long as you take care of it and listen to the advice in this thread, you won't be disappointed in your decision.

Why no Madden? I'm not a huge gamer (well, I'm huge, but not into that many video games:):), but I've had every Madden since the first year. I love that game.

shooter651

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 6, 2010
    I have an Xbox.. but the pay to play online and netflix/hulu sucks... The main reason I got it back in the day was Halo... I think the PS3 can double as a blue ray DVD.. don't know if the newer Xbox's can.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    PM me your XBox live name.

I will once I set it up!

Don't get Skyrim till you free up your schedule. It's video crack.

Ok!

Wise choice. As long as you take care of it and listen to the advice in this thread, you won't be disappointed in your decision.

Why no Madden? I'm not a huge gamer (well, I'm huge, but not into that many video games:):), but I've had every Madden since the first year. I love that game.

I only had enough cash for one game. I'll put that one on my list!

Kase

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Crawfordsville
    Glad to hear your choice :rockwoot:

Make sure and add us (from the CoD MW3 thread) to your friends when you get it up and running. Look forward to shoot'n em up with ya :ingo:

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    fyi, you get three free 1 month trials with every new xbox...so don't pay for it yet :)

Just select silver and it'll ask if you want to try gold for free for a month.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    I only had enough cash for one game. I'll put that one on my list!

You can have my madden '11 if you want it.

IIRC, it has a circular scratch on it (I could be thinking of '10 though), so you might have some trouble loading it to your hard drive...If it does have the scratch, you'll have to load it or it will freeze mid-game.

You could take it to Family Video and their machine might be able to fix it (it costs a dollar or two).

BDBHoover

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2011
    Northside Indianapolis
    You got the 360...... You have to get Left 4 Dead and Left 4 Dead 2....... Whenever your sick of dealing with online players glitching to increase their rating/rank by cheating it is an AWESOME offline shooter/zombie apocalypse/SHTF game...... I used to own a 360 and had like 15-20 games and then I got the red ring after having it for a little over 3 years and was P*SSED!! Sold all the games, took the 360 to Gamestop of the store credit on the dead console and bought a PS3 and picked up Socom: Confrontation.... Was hooked from day 1.... From then on..... It's straight PS3

RichardR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010
    PS3 is really the superior system, sorry to hear that you went the XBOX 360 route.

But hey enjoy your gaming experience either way man, that is what it is really about.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I played the 360 all weekend. Growing up with a PlayStation, knowing all the controls and everything, I have no regrets at all with going with the 360.

I can always borrow one my brothers PS3, and let him borrow my 360, so I have that choice.

But so far, I'm loving my 360. I plan on buying more games this weekend too.

Chefcook

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Raccoon City
    Oh crap Im too late... Consoles are dead put the money you would have spent on the console into a new desk top computer. What can be built for $800 will make any console look weak and miniscule......

pirate

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 2, 2011
    after more than a few xbox 360 factory reconditioning's of my original system when it got the red ring of death, I went with a ps3 a few years ago. Never looked back. Love the ps3. Hands down the better system of the two in my opinion, with only their "live" friends join features beating out ps3. (but then, you have to pay for it..so it better be better....) Of course, ps3 has ps+ now that cost money and easily rivals live with its user friendly features.

Whatever you got, as long as you are having fun, who cares in the end...

Top Bottom