• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Not all that important. NONE of my PS2 games are online, of course. And I'm used to playing PC games online, which is free (absent the cost of my Internet connection), so I'd be loathe to pay something additional on top of that, just for the "privilege" of having to deal with kids, spawn-campers, and people calling me "n00b" in foreign languages. :):

I think I've just made up my mind...

You have just made a good point. My confidence level is already down from all the "snow driving" comments on here. The last thing I need is some 10 year old Swedish kid bringing it down anymore ;)

JWAS

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Aug 22, 2011
    Dayton
    yeah, sports games and third person shooters, RPGs, and action/adventure games are best on PS3 (or just buy better graphics card and memory for your PC for maybe $50-100 more ;) ) and play everything on PC (minus exclusives of course)

ALB

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2011
    My son just purchased the PS3, he did some research and looked into the 360 as well. I think the Best Buy salesman sold him on the PS3, they have some package deal that includes a couple of games.

snowdrifter

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Next to Atterbury
    As others have mentioned, I chose the 360 based on the more comfortable controller and several exclusive games, mainly the Forza and Halo series. My only interest in the PS3 would be for the Blu-ray player or the Gran Tourismo series, neither of which warrant a switch. Currently working my way through Forza4 right now, and will finally be getting around to Halo Reach around Thanksgiving.

JohnE

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My son has a PS3 and we prefer it over the X-Box for most of the reasons that have been stated. The reason we will NOT go with an X-Box is........RED.....RING...OF....DEATH! We have an older PS3 that is backwards compatable with the older PS systems it doesn't read blu-rays atm but I just need to get another blu-ray drive for it and it'll work like new. Get that red ring and your totaly without a system. Have they ever figured out wth is causing the red ring and fixed it properly? We have a cousin that was X-Box only for years (he went through 8 systems in less than three years with the red ring of death) and he's on the PS3 now and loves it.

Davis0023

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    NorthCentral Indiana
    Both are cool, both are fun. Sony has had A LOT of security issues. Sony is free online, but then they were down for almost 3mos.
    I've got xbox code off amazon for like 20bucks cheaper for a 12mo sub. then off xbox its self.

I cant add too much others havent said. I use Xbox the controller had a little learning curve and in stress game play, lol I still sometimes revert to thinking of ps buttons and die:( lol button other than that.. you will have fun either way. But to me xbox is better deal.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    You have just made a good point. My confidence level is already down from all the "snow driving" comments on here. The last thing I need is some 10 year old Swedish kid bringing it down anymore ;)

You could try specifically targeting 7 year old Swedish kids at first and then work your way up to the harder opponents. :yesway:

:):

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Not all that important. NONE of my PS2 games are online, of course. And I'm used to playing PC games online, which is free (absent the cost of my Internet connection), so I'd be loathe to pay something additional on top of that, just for the "privilege" of having to deal with kids, spawn-campers, and people calling me "n00b" in foreign languages. :):

I think I've just made up my mind...

Once you get a new system and get used to the better graphics/game play, all that huge stack of ps2 games is going to do is collect dust.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Ok I've been doing a lot more research. And, I hate to say it, but I'm starting to lean more towards the Xbox....

I'm going to Walmart and GameStop with my brother tomorrow. He wants to buy another game anyway. Me, I'm going to try out the display xbox's. I should be going home with something.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Ok I've been doing a lot more research. And, I hate to say it, but I'm starting to lean more towards the Xbox....

I'm going to Walmart and GameStop with my brother tomorrow. He wants to buy another game anyway. Me, I'm going to try out the display xbox's. I should be going home with something.

Why do you "hate" to say it? You should of course get the system that will fit your entertainment wants the best and Xbox fits the bill better IMO.

Like I previously stated, I know at least a dozen people with both and all of them barely use their PS3 for gaming anymore. If you want a Blu Ray player, buy a Blu Ray player; they are better that the PS3's anyway.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Why do you "hate" to say it? You should of course get the system that will fit your entertainment wants the best and Xbox fits the bill better IMO.

Like I previously stated, I know at least a dozen people with both and all of them barely use their PS3 for gaming anymore. If you want a Blu Ray player, buy a Blu Ray player; they are better that the PS3's anyway.

I say "hate" because in the long run, the Xbox will be more expensive. At least with the PS3, I can play games for free by borrowing my brothers.

Top Bottom