• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • figley

Expert
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    SW Indy
    You want to trade for my $300 gun? Well, then, I'm going to need $600 worth of baling wire and legos, because then I have to turn around and unload that stuff.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    P.T. Barnum said it best,

"A fool and his money are soon parted"

Caveat Emptor

P. T. Barnum said "A fool is born every minute" the quote you are referring to is from England in the 15th century but they do both apply:D
    Something is worth what someone else will pay and not a penny less. Keep in mind the lack of sales tax and the anonymity factor and in spite if Obama it's still a free country. :twocents:

Philabuster

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    Laporte, IN
    I would say that if the high prices bother you so much you should just comment on the ad. Post a reply saying something like "whoa there buddy...its not made of gold", or " thats WAY t0o high...and so are you". Of course I am being sarcastic...but enough shame brought upon someone CAN adjust their reality. I work for a dealer at the Indy 1500 and it simply amazes me at what people want for their used guns.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Free Market.

Don't pay more than you are willing.

Pretty simple.

Also, there will never be a shortage of lowballers, not just here but everywhere.

For example, I had a motorcycle for sale on craigslist.....
    Guy offers me 1/2 of my asking price and says I should take it because 1/2 was still higher than wholesale.
    :n00b:

I would say that if the high prices bother you so much you should just comment on the ad. Post a reply saying something like "whoa there buddy...its not made of gold", or " thats WAY t0o high...and so are you". Of course I am being sarcastic...but enough shame brought upon someone CAN adjust their reality.......

This is good advice.
    I think the FAQ's show this practice is encouraged in the INGO classifieds.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus

motivatora36f41d1a30132c0bd648c56532afbed8645ce5d.jpg

IndyGunSafety

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Fishers, IN
    Let's see... a Springfield XDM at Don's Guns is $999. I have a nice used one I'll sell you for $949..... no, wait..... your an INGO member so I'll even give you another 20% off...

Only $759.20... plus tax of course. Hellava deal!
    :D

obijohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Terre Haute
    As has been said before, free market. Don't like the asking price? move on... Price fixing etc reads a lot like suppression of a free market to me. That can lead down a road we do not care to travel.

avengedXT

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 84%
    20   4   1
    Feb 15, 2010
    Behind the V!
    I had a thread about this in the past month(s).

I'm enraged when I see people trying to make a profit when they're selling a gun all the time. But truth is it comes down to this:

"To each their own" - People can and therefore will charge whatever they see fit for their gun.

"Something is only worth what somebody is willing to pay for it" - I don't care if it's an original Colt revolver 1 of 300 personally etched by the founder. It's only worth what somebody will pay for it, wether it be $50 (exagorated obviously) or $375,000.

Albeit annoying, the deals do come around eventually. But when it comes to people selling their guns you should see it as that person liked / loved / wanted that gun at one point in time. It was a decision they had to make to purchase it, and for whatever reason they have now made the decision to part with it. I don't know about anybody else on here, but my guns are like an affair on my wife. I love them. And I sure as hell take care of them.

Now if I had the right reason or purpose to sell my gun, e.g. - I found a shiny new Sig Sauer 1911 C3 Crimson Trace BNIB with Tritium Novak sights and two 7+1 round mags. I didn't have to buy it. I had a Kahr PM9 with Crimson Trace that I had grown to love already. But, it was a sexier appeal to me. (The C3 looked better in a hot pink with black lace bustier than the PM9 did :rolleyes: lol). So, I sold the PM9 for what somebody was willing to spend as well as a price I saw fit.

traderdan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Martinsville
    CAPITALISM!! It is not a bad word in spite of modern political opinion.I wonder if any of the price complainers have ever purchased a firearm on a credit card?Let the market decide the value.

williamsburg

Master
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Nov 12, 2011
    Oaklandon
    Let's see... a Springfield XDM at Don's Guns is $999. I have a nice used one I'll sell you for $949..... no, wait..... your an INGO member so I'll even give you another 20% off...

Only $759.20... plus tax of course. Hellava deal! :D

but will you give me a deal being as i'm a site supporter too?:dunno:

not trying to lowball you but tis always said it don't hurt to ask...

Top Bottom