• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • m4_dave

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 23, 2009
    North Central IN
    Why do so many people ask ridiculous prices for their used firearms? I see a majority of owners trying to get retail or above retail for their weapons, especially Glock owners. For me to even consider a used gun it would have to be at least $50 less than new. Are folks really paying new prices for used guns? What am I missing here? :dunno:
    Nice post.I have seen this myself and kinda wondered.I guess people can sell their guns for however much they want.If you don't like the price don't buy it.:twocents:

vette3667

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 10, 2009
    I know what your talking about and surprised this is this hot of an issue. People that have reasonable used prices sell their stuff fast so it isn't on the market long. People that ask too much have to sit on their sale forever which makes it seem like "everyone" is asking too much. 99/100 used guns for sale could be over priced but there are deals out there if you sort through the people with poor understanding / expectations.

Drakkule

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Butler,IN. 46721
    Someone could say that the guns that sell right away were sold to cheap. The way i see it is, if you want it, and are willing to spend the money, just buy it. If you are one of the people that buy guns to resell them, them you will think most guns are over priced. I buy, sell and trade a fair amount, i buy one, and if i don't get that i can't live without it feeling, it will be sold, or traded for something else. I have noticed that the prices of most guns have started to creep higher in price, as they have my entire life. Some people ask more than i'm willing to pay, and that's fine, i just won't buy them. Some people have there significant other telling them to sell some of there guns off, if they are priced high they can say " i have been trying to sell them, but i just keep getting low ball offers, and you don't want me to lose money do you". Just saying, not everyone researches there gun buys, and might have more into it than most of us would. So how much money is someone supposed to lose when they sell a gun?

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    I'm amused by the people who get really offended by other folks' ads. It really is a hardship to just skip on by one you aren't interested in.

I've found that often the people who try to dicker the hardest are also the ones most likely to flake out at some point after a deal is struck (by that I mean after the "I'll take it" is given and acknowledged). I started putting my price and a "price is firm" in my ads and that really seems to offend some folks. Like I'm personally killing their rainbows and butterflies when they can't try to talk me down.

I check gun broker and a couple of other gun sites to see what the best prices for a new gun is and if there are any used selling and I price accordingly. Generally 10-15% below new (not what I paid for it, the lowest NEW price I can find from Buds and similar places) if the gun is in reasonably good condition. What gets sticky is when you have other stuff bundled in with the sale, then people seem to expect to be able to get the gun at a used gun price with all the extras thrown in free.

I deal in good faith and try my best to be straightforward and honest in my dealings and my experience even here on INGO where the users are generally a little above the average, is that there are many folks who aren't good to their word and whose personal and moral ethics are shady.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    SNIP

Generally 10-15% below new (not what I paid for it, the lowest NEW price I can find from Buds and similar places) if the gun is in reasonably good condition. What gets sticky is when you have other stuff bundled in with the sale, then people seem to expect to be able to get the gun at a used gun price with all the extras thrown in free.

This right here is where the trouble is.

The majority of gun owners when we sell, we sell at a respectable price after researching it like you did above.

The problem lies within them wanting all the extras that cost above and beyond the price of the firearm and still wanting to offer what amounts to 25 percent lower than what is currently priced as a fair price.

Last year I sold a low mileage Taurus PT1911 in great shape (98%)for $550.00 with about $110 in additional equipment. It took five weeks to sell it, but I was bombarded with absurd offers including one from a site sponsor here for $400.00 because he wanted to resell it.

I will not sell, just to sell a item to get rid of it for a giveaway price, I will price my item fairly, I will listen to respectable offers, all other idiotic :poop: will get my wrath in a pm if I'm in a :poop: mood.

Top Bottom