10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    So the DC trial date is set for March 4th., March 5th is Super Tuesday. They are not even trying to hide anything anymore.

Sure..." Trump's lawyers, in an attempt to push the Trial past Super Tuesday, filed an injunction today..."

It's political lawfare.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    So the DC trial date is set for March 4th., March 5th is Super Tuesday. They are not even trying to hide anything anymore.

What's it matter? The people who'll vote for him believe he's totally innocent and it's all a conspiracy.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    What's it matter? The people who'll vote for him believe he's totally innocent and it's all a conspiracy.
    Just what are the chances that two completely separate courts try to schedule a defendant on the same day, a day huge to the campaign to win the presidency? “But, but, there cannot be a conspiracy, NPR told me so”…

“But this isn’t merely election “interference,” it’s a naked attempt to rig the 2024 election. The timing here is important, because not only will Trump be pulled off the campaign trail at a crucial time, he will almost certainly be convicted over the summer. After all, the jury in this case will be drawn from a pool that voted 92 percent for Joe Biden. No matter how outlandish and unconstitutional the charges are, no matter how utterly politicized the process is, a D.C. jury is going to convict Trump.”

“A summer 2024 conviction sets up the real play here, which is for blue states and counties to remove Trump from the ballot, citing a faulty and blatantly lawless reading of the 14th Amendment. Assuming Trump wins the GOP primary, this will leave Republicans with no candidate on the ballot across vast swaths of the country heading into the fall. Even if the Supreme Court steps in, if Democrats time it just right it will be too late to send out corrected, lawful ballots in time for Election Day.“

Whatever one thinks of Trump’s post-2020 election challenges — whether they were legitimate, delusional, or downright treasonous — they were nothing compared to what Democrats are trying to pull here.”

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    He's probably not wrong. Could be the only way to make this stop is by pounding the Biden's with the exact same lawfare they're inflicting on their political enemies.

We're simply not as serious about this stuff as the democrats are.

Conservatives by their very nature, are conservative and slow to adopt these changes in the battlefield…

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Conservatives by their very nature, are conservative and slow to adopt these changes in the battlefield…
    It is now obvious to me conservatives want to conserve the leftward shift we've all become used to having all around us now. They don't want to undo much, if any, of it. That's why I've asked before in a thread somewhere here, what is a conservative? I don't consider myself one anymore. I don't not want to rock the boat...we must sink it.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Just what are the chances that two completely separate courts try to schedule a defendant on the same day, a day huge to the campaign to win the presidency? “But, but, there cannot be a conspiracy, NPR told me so”…

“But this isn’t merely election “interference,” it’s a naked attempt to rig the 2024 election. The timing here is important, because not only will Trump be pulled off the campaign trail at a crucial time, he will almost certainly be convicted over the summer. After all, the jury in this case will be drawn from a pool that voted 92 percent for Joe Biden. No matter how outlandish and unconstitutional the charges are, no matter how utterly politicized the process is, a D.C. jury is going to convict Trump.”

“A summer 2024 conviction sets up the real play here, which is for blue states and counties to remove Trump from the ballot, citing a faulty and blatantly lawless reading of the 14th Amendment. Assuming Trump wins the GOP primary, this will leave Republicans with no candidate on the ballot across vast swaths of the country heading into the fall. Even if the Supreme Court steps in, if Democrats time it just right it will be too late to send out corrected, lawful ballots in time for Election Day.“

Whatever one thinks of Trump’s post-2020 election challenges — whether they were legitimate, delusional, or downright treasonous — they were nothing compared to what Democrats are trying to pull here.”

The judge is obviously trying to work with the prosecutions plans for an expedited trial date so they can get a conviction before the election which is a violation of Trump's due process to be able to mount an adequate defense given the mass amount of discovery documentation and a large witness list. Only the defendant has a constitutional right to an expedited trial. Not the government.

I've heard Dershowitz talk about this and given his vast experience in criminal defense it dictates to him that this is impossible for Trump's legal team to adequately prepare for a trail in that time frame.

There are over 12mil + documents which according to his calculation the defense team would have to look over an average of 71 k documents per day. He challenged the judge and the persecution to come up with any other case where such a daunting task has been accomplished within that time frame.

He goes on to say in his 60 years of notable experience most trials with way less than that amount of discovery have taken years to be brought to trial.

So, the notion that the judge is treating Trump no different than any other defendant in that regard is total bull****. Fair trail?

1693328950994.png

Last edited:

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    It is now obvious to me conservatives want to conserve the leftward shift we've all become used to having all around us now. They don't want to undo much, if any, of it. That's why I've asked before in a thread somewhere here, what is a conservative? I don't consider myself one anymore. I don't not want to rock the boat...we must sink it.
    The fact is you and I are more “conservative” than most conservative leaning folks, so we will always be disappointed…

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Here's Dershowitz's commentary and he has nothing but contempt for the judge and prosecution for their impossible timeline. He makes a compelling argument based upon his vast notable experience in criminal defense that even he could not adequately prepare a defense case within that timeline.

Last edited:

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    “The most interesting takeaway is that Willis may have overplayed her hand by including Meadows. In doing so, she may have created the strongest avenue for removal. I believe that she hoped that Meadows would “flip.” Instead, he is leading the charge to federal court. Even if Judge Jones denies the motion, it can now be appealed and that are solid arguments here in his favor. If Willis showed greater restraint, she could have omitted Meadows and the strongest claim for removal. If he succeeds, it strengthens the case for others to seek removal.”

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    He's probably not wrong. Could be the only way to make this stop is by pounding the Biden's with the exact same lawfare they're inflicting on their political enemies.

We're simply not as serious about this stuff as the democrats are.

If you don't, we're going to end up with run away political prosecution of anyone right of Mao.

The best way to combat that is making sure nobody wants to unleash the mess it causes, which means actually making a mess. Right now the right is bending over and asking for it.

It's like nuclear warfare.

Top Bottom