• TheRude1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 15, 2012
    INDY
    Just got a call from the owner of my FT gig

We are having a training session from 11a to 1p on Sunday

So I will not be able to be at the store till 2p so Ill add an hr and stay open till 7p

Sorry for the delay in opening but will see ya there

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 22, 2012
    Just wanted to remind every body about the meeting this Thursday and we will be having class this weekend on Essential Oils and Medicinal Herbs.
    We will also be in Muncie at the Gun Show at the Delaware Co. Fair Grounds this weekend. Hope to see all out friensds from the area while we are there. We have 5 tables this time so we will be able to show allot more.
    Walt

japartridge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Bloomington
    OK, just stumbled on this thread... the store is a 5 minute detour on my normal way home... I foresee a lot of clandestine spending in my future! My wife is not going to like this. :D

I'm going to call the store to verify that they open today!

RikRakk nice seeing that you are a contributing member ;) LOL

Rikkrack

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Montgomery Co
    japartridge, stop by tomorrow. I will be in the store around 5ish for the meeting at 6. Prepping with kids. There is also a class for oils and medicinal herbs on Saturday I will be there for as well. Wife gives those classes.

FYI Walt does layaway (not saying you need to use it) but is nice to put $20 in here and there for larger purchases that would otherwise get noticed by the home boss. My own "savings/rewards" program.

Also Walt has FFL and does transfers.

Stop in say hi or catch up. Hope to see you around the store.

japartridge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Bloomington
    Workin' from home tomorrow and Friday... probably won't make it to too many after 5 events... that kinda kills the whole "clandestine spending" thing if I'm not home around the normal time. :D

Oh, also does Walt do layaway on special order toys?

Rikkrack

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Montgomery Co
    while I cannot speak for him on this we had a discussion as I wanted a special "buy" wife had vetoed as "when would we ever need that". He indicated I could pay a little here a little there and if I wanted it then I could get it, money could go to whatever, not a specific item in the store. So I think so? May depend if he has to order well in advance with money up front. I do know he orders items well beyond what is in the store.

TheRude1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 15, 2012
    INDY
    Firearms-Big ticket items are 20% down and then pay when/what you can
    No official time limit other than a reasonable one

P.S. I can speak for him

Rikkrack

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Montgomery Co
    Nice to see a few new faces last night. A few suggested classes or topics came up as far as;

Orienteering/map reading/using a compass
    Knife skills
    Alternatives to firearms for defense and how to use them
    Repeat of BOB I and then BOB II
    Water covered again
    Fire and firemaking covered again
    Bartering and alternatives to cash purchases "Welcome to Bartertown" (Can you name that movie?)
    Maybe a regular PT type meeting/class

January is discussion on what to cover and what people want to see next year. Any other ideas?

FYI Medicinal Herbs and Essential Oils at the shop Saturday 4PM bring a chair.

The December issue of Indiana Modern Survival Magazine is now in the store. Get your copy only 50 copies printed this run (more will be printed as needed). Thanks to the guest authors. Want copies for your business let me know. 1st issue was 4 pages, this issue 10 pages, we hope to grow for the January issue again. Still looking for authors and advertisers.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    Nice to see a few new faces last night. A few suggested classes or topics came up as far as;

Orienteering/map reading/using a compass
    Knife skills
    Alternatives to firearms for defense and how to use them
    Repeat of BOB I and then BOB II
    Water covered again
    Fire and firemaking covered again
    Bartering and alternatives to cash purchases "Welcome to Bartertown" (Can you name that movie?)
    Maybe a regular PT type meeting/class

January is discussion on what to cover and what people want to see next year. Any other ideas?

FYI Medicinal Herbs and Essential Oils at the shop Saturday 4PM bring a chair.

The December issue of Indiana Modern Survival Magazine is now in the store. Get your copy only 50 copies printed this run (more will be printed as needed). Thanks to the guest authors. Want copies for your business let me know. 1st issue was 4 pages, this issue 10 pages, we hope to grow for the January issue again. Still looking for authors and advertisers.

I'm curious to see know what sort of information was sought after for "alternatives to defense" and "knife skills." The other bolded above I could try to help contribute to as well...

I know for sure that I still have some map reading training material from the Corps.

Last edited:

Rikkrack

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Montgomery Co
    I think the main interest in alternatives to firearms if for some people whose spouse or themselves are not 100% on board with firearms. But they still want some way to defend themselves and their family. Or until they can get the spouse sold on owning a firearm what can they do for a few months or year. Clubs, knives, pepper spray, Taser etc. There was definitely an interest in the intro to firearms being offered again.

There was interest in the article you wrote about how to introduce children to firearms, when (age, maturity, location), in what manner. But also how to get them used to knives etc. None had yet read the article (it just went in at 545PM), but pointed in that direction and someone asked if a class that a parent and a child could take together about introduction to firearms could be offered.

New face last night was a drill instructor (not sure he would like me to use his name), new to the area, and offered to do the map class but, 2 is 1 and 1 is none so two guys offering a class is better than none. Not sure if he is on INGO yet but we pointed him here.
    The PT class I was thinking about new start to new year. I defiantly could use some PT, and heard a gym commercial on way in, so thought it may be appropriate.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    I think the main interest in alternatives to firearms if for some people whose spouse or themselves are not 100% on board with firearms. But they still want some way to defend themselves and their family. Or until they can get the spouse sold on owning a firearm what can they do for a few months or year. Clubs, knives, pepper spray, Taser etc. There was definitely an interest in the intro to firearms being offered again.

There was interest in the article you wrote about how to introduce children to firearms, when (age, maturity, location), in what manner. But also how to get them used to knives etc. None had yet read the article (it just went in at 545PM), but pointed in that direction and someone asked if a class that a parent and a child could take together about introduction to firearms could be offered.

New face last night was a drill instructor (not sure he would like me to use his name), new to the area, and offered to do the map class but, 2 is 1 and 1 is none so two guys offering a class is better than none. Not sure if he is on INGO yet but we pointed him here.
    The PT class I was thinking about new start to new year. I defiantly could use some PT, and heard a gym commercial on way in, so thought it may be appropriate.
    Nice. If the DI wants to take on the map reading I've got some training docs he can use to save him some time making things. My schedule will be clearing up in the next two weeks for about a 2-3 week duration and I'll be able to more accurately identify my availability to contribute.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 22, 2012
    Nice. If the DI wants to take on the map reading I've got some training docs he can use to save him some time making things. My schedule will be clearing up in the next two weeks for about a 2-3 week duration and I'll be able to more accurately identify my availability to contribute.
    Thanks, and anything you feel like contributing is welcome. I am still getting positive feedback from people about the Into to Firearms class. Some want to take it again or have a friend who does. If your up to planning another class we"ll host it again. If you've seen the schedule it's filling up on Saturdays thru January. I'm thinking a god Feb or March class. Let me or Rikkrack Know.
    Thanks,
    Walt

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    Thanks, and anything you feel like contributing is welcome. I am still getting positive feedback from people about the Into to Firearms class. Some want to take it again or have a friend who does. If your up to planning another class we"ll host it again. If you've seen the schedule it's filling up on Saturdays thru January. I'm thinking a god Feb or March class. Let me or Rikkrack Know.
    Thanks,
    Walt
    Absolutely! The best part about those classes is getting feedback from attendees telling me I've changed their mind on firearms. Even if it's only one person it makes the effort worth it to me. Just select a date in early Feb if you'd like and I'll make sure it's available. Also, several people asked about "the next step" so I'll try to get something together for that in the next couple weeks.

Top Bottom