Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 15, 2012
    INDY
    That was a nice meeting tonight !

Several new faces and a couple we havent seen in a while

Had some good grub from peoples back yards and some other good dishs

And had some hot pepper jelly :n00b: and it smelled hot ! But it was so good I talked my way into taking home what was leftover.
    GOT ME SOME :rockwoot:

Last edited:

TheRude1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 15, 2012
    INDY
    Prepping 001 Intro to prepping

New to prepping? Think prepping is one of “those” tin foil hat people? Come see the light. 20+ topics covered, along with tips, techniques, handouts, notes, web resources and great discussion and dialog. Meet some other like minded people and network. Spouse or significant other not on board? Maybe this will help. It is free and sell it as cheap entertainment for an afternoon.

Free class at

Indiana Self Defense.

Class starts at 4PM roughly 1-2 hr depending on how lively our discussion is.

8017 E Washington St
    Indianapolis IN 46219

Bring a chair, there are a few at the store.

November 17th

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    202   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    I've been past the store twice in the same week around 1pm, locked both times, and looked like no-one was there. This was 2 weeks ago, store hours state that it opens at Noon.

TheRude1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 15, 2012
    INDY
    I've been past the store twice in the same week around 1pm, locked both times, and looked like no-one was there. This was 2 weeks ago, store hours state that it opens at Noon.

I think that was the week that Walts sister died and was out of town

Myself and IndyPrepper tryed to keep things opened while he was out of town but had the full time giggs also, sorry for any inconvenience

Im sure they are back on the normal schedule now

Hope to meet you sat,17 if you can make it

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 22, 2012
    WE ARE GOING TO BE AT THE MUNCIE GUN SHOW THIS WEEKEND!!!!! :rockwoot: Yes thats right were taking this show on the road. We have 3 tables at the Muncie Gun Show @ the Deleware Co. Fair Grounds. I will be bringing an assortment of items from the shop. Anything we don't bring we can get and have delivered or you can pick it up when you come visit us at the shop. I grew up in the Eaton and Hartford City area so It's kind of like going home for a little while. Well I'm staying at Moms so I guess I will be. Hope to meet any INGOers while I'm there.

One more important thing. In the year we've been in business we have had only a few customers on Mondays and have been wanting to expand our hours on busier days. Try to save some $, get some stuff done at home and be available to more people. So here is our plan (New Hours) starting November 26th:
    Monday - CLOSED
    Tuesday thru Thursday - 12 - 6pm
    Friday 11 - 7pm
    Saturday 11 - 8pm

I will post reminders of this change as it gets closer.
    Thanks,
    Walt

TheRude1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 15, 2012
    INDY
    Noted

WE ARE GOING TO BE AT THE MUNCIE GUN SHOW THIS WEEKEND!!!!! :rockwoot: Yes thats right were taking this show on the road. We have 3 tables at the Muncie Gun Show @ the Deleware Co. Fair Grounds. I will be bringing an assortment of items from the shop. Anything we don't bring we can get and have delivered or you can pick it up when you come visit us at the shop. I grew up in the Eaton and Hartford City area so It's kind of like going home for a little while. Well I'm staying at Moms so I guess I will be. Hope to meet any INGOers while I'm there.

One more important thing. In the year we've been in business we have had only a few customers on Mondays and have been wanting to expand our hours on busier days. Try to save some $, get some stuff done at home and be available to more people. So here is our plan (New Hours) starting November 26th:
    Monday - CLOSED
    Tuesday thru Thursday - 12 - 6pm
    Friday 11 - 7pm
    Saturday 11 - 8pm

I will post reminders of this change as it gets closer.
    Thanks,
    Walt

Atlas

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    WOW, the store is only on my direct route to shopping/woman's workplace and I pass by there multiple times, sometimes in a day! Glad to know there's a place ALMOST around the corner!

Since moving to Indy from NY, we've been so happy to discover more people like us. Hm, as a former (more like put on hold due to moving halfway across the country) surplus/military antiques dealer, I wonder if the owners are looking for any sublets, as the pics on facebook show that there's a ton of free space. And i have crates of old stock I put away :D

Atlas

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Thanks guys. Stopped by the store today, spoke to Kristina, grabbed an ammo can. Spoke to Walk later in the evening and we will chat tomorrow face to face. Hopefully this will be productive discussion and you guys will have new stuff to look at and play with!

Rikkrack

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Montgomery Co
    I am looking for anyone interested in contributing to the newsletter for ISD. You do not have to be a pro writer, or write a book. I can help with the editing. The wife and I put the entire newsletter together and we don’t have the bandwidth to keep it up all on our own. Only a paragraph or two. Any number of topics prepper, firearm, reloading, first aid up to you. DO NOT TAKE OTHERS MATERIALS CLAIMING AS YOUR OWN. The article doesn’t pay, but can see your work in print and is handed out in the store. If and when a website gets going may be on there too. Maybe a link to your blog etc.

Thanks Rude for your contribution/coverage of Prepper’s Thanksgiving. Looking for other active members. Allen- Bees? IndyPrepper-your knowledge? Mother Wolf Herbal aka bbk76858 will have another oil/herb article. The guys who always have unique ways for using items or cool gadgets. A review of a product you like (I am bad with names).

Welcome Atlas – any contributions from life in surplus/antiques? What was oddest thing you got, or how was prepping different in NY?

Without additional contributions won’t have more newsletters.

Rick

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Avon
    I am looking for anyone interested in contributing to the newsletter for ISD. You do not have to be a pro writer, or write a book. I can help with the editing. The wife and I put the entire newsletter together and we don’t have the bandwidth to keep it up all on our own. Only a paragraph or two. Any number of topics prepper, firearm, reloading, first aid up to you. DO NOT TAKE OTHERS MATERIALS CLAIMING AS YOUR OWN. The article doesn’t pay, but can see your work in print and is handed out in the store. If and when a website gets going may be on there too. Maybe a link to your blog etc.

Thanks Rude for your contribution/coverage of Prepper’s Thanksgiving. Looking for other active members. Allen- Bees? IndyPrepper-your knowledge? Mother Wolf Herbal aka bbk76858 will have another oil/herb article. The guys who always have unique ways for using items or cool gadgets. A review of a product you like (I am bad with names).

Welcome Atlas – any contributions from life in surplus/antiques? What was oddest thing you got, or how was prepping different in NY?

Without additional contributions won’t have more newsletters.

Rick

I can write something about freeze dried food, life has been crazy here, daughter and 3 kids moved back in , daughter visiting from Washington state and mom in and out of hospital....do I write them and email you...how many times a month...

Rikkrack

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Montgomery Co
    Newsletter

If we can get enough articles to publish it will be monthly. Next one may be Nov-December.

No advertising for business at this point. This is a free publication. Advertisements may be added at a cost to the advertisers at a later date. With approval. If you would like to advertise PM me to discuss.

Authors my contact me via PM for how to submit.

200-500 words small article, 1000-2000 med-large article

Pictures/drawings/images are nice, but are ink heavy and may not be included. Or if when cropped/minimized become poor quality.

The last newsletter was 4 pages. It could be more or the same. 4 seems to be good for monthly.

Ideas

Product reviews of items carried at ISD are nice. We will have a regular spot for product reviews. A regular spot for medicinal oils/herbs or first aid. A regular spot of a review of class or meetings.

A suggested space has been Prepper of the month. Highlighting a preppers skills or article they contribute.

10 tips of the month (varied topics, tips for kids, tips for cold weather, tips for water etc.)

A fun page (word search, crossword)

A calendar and upcoming events. So if you have an event outside the store it can go here (1500, or Meetup-Bees, Appleseed, etc)

XDLover

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2012
    Delaware County
    We made the trek down the other weekend and will be back. Nice to have a store like this around even if it is a little bit of a drive. Will be back.

Top Bottom