• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fizzerpilot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2016
    Avon
    Harley Davidson has mastered the art of transforming gasoline into noise with out the result of all that pesky horsepower. :):

Fizzer Pilot? You don't happen to ride an FZ1 do you?

I do not...

My recent loves have been a 2011 Speed Triple, 2008 B-King, and 2014 FZ09. I have often contemplated the FZ1 with a full Ivan's transformation, but the FZ09 fits the bill nicely.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Oh man.............:nono:

The sound you reference is what us old guys grew up with "But" the new ones are single fire with F.I. so they have a totally different exhaust note.
    I used tune-able single fire ign. on all my shovels and block heads. It did change the way they ran. The dual fire was a bust in my opinion. 1st thing that hit the trash can.

Serious question. Which is better music? An old KZ1000 with Kerker headers, Mikuni 29mm smooth bores, 1075 kit jetted right and running down the road. Or an old HD V-twin tuned up right and rumbling along?

I will admit the V-twin rumble does sound good.

Fizzerpilot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2016
    Avon
    This is my current scooter... Lots of upgrades, ECU flash, EBC HH pads, SS brake lines, ceramic coated Akra exhaust, etc.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
      image.jpeg
      152.7 KB · Views: 7

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    I do not...

My recent loves have been a 2011 Speed Triple, 2008 B-King, and 2014 FZ09. I have often contemplated the FZ1 with a full Ivan's transformation, but the FZ09 fits the bill nicely.

Love the Triumphs, My dad has several real nice restored old Bonnies and TT specials. Been eyeing the new Truxton R with a drool rag recently but the price tag has me fixed on the Yamaha XSR900. I'm really digging the retro modern look of the new bikes coming out right now. Mostly because I grew up helping my dad restore his.

I had an '02 FZ1 that I should have never let go of. I loved that bike. I was my first bike bike that was actually mine and not just one I that I was borrowing from my dad.

Fizzerpilot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2016
    Avon
    :yesway: Did the ECU flash fix the fueling issues the FZ09 suffered from early on?

Absolutely. The flash is incredible. I had Vcyclenut flash my ECU. I remapped the fueling for the Akra, remapped the throttle by wire to reduce the throttle snatch, he also eliminated the speed restriction, adjusted the timing, closed the AIS, disabled the O2 sensor (also responsible for poor low TPS fueling), reset the fan temp, enabled quick shift... I'm probably forgetting a few things. It is a hoot to ride, extremely powerful, and mine weighs in under 400lbs wet...

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Absolutely. The flash is incredible. I had Vcyclenut flash my ECU. I remapped the fueling for the Akra, remapped the throttle by wire to reduce the throttle snatch, he also eliminated the speed restriction, adjusted the timing, closed the AIS, disabled the O2 sensor (also responsible for poor low TPS fueling), reset the fan temp, enabled quick shift... I'm probably forgetting a few things. It is a hoot to ride, extremely powerful, and mine weighs in under 400lbs wet...

DAMN! Nice!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Serious question. Which is better music? An old KZ1000 with Kerker headers, Mikuni 29mm smooth bores, 1075 kit jetted right and running down the road. Or an old HD V-twin tuned up right and rumbling along?

I will admit the V-twin rumble does sound good.

Damn it you got me there but you have seen my bikes or at least some of them

I get chills thinking about the Kerker.

1105 with Dan Crower cut cams/springs shim over bucket, ported head flowed 110 on the intakes with "Big" stainless valves, 29mm Mik's and a super trap with 2 shim packs............sweet sweet music......and stupid fast for what it was.

Mad Max.......:cool:
    Circa 1986 or so.

Last edited:

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Damn it you got me there but you have seen my bikes or at least some of them

I get chills thinking about the Kerker.

1105 with Dan Crower cut cams/springs shim over bucket, ported head flowed 110 on the intakes with "Big" stainless valves, 29mm Mik's and a super trap with 2 shim packs............sweet sweet music......and stupid fast for what it was.

Mad Max.......:cool:
    Circa 1986 or so.

Nice now you know I can't leave that one unanswered though.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Our 1975 Z1 900 sleeper build

Looks stock but look again. Dyna S electronic ignition, Miki 29mms with K&N pods, Era correct (and were NOS when we got them) Star Racing headers, 1075 high compression kit, warmed up cams, Jetted right and runs like a top. You can't twist the throttle on this thing and not crack a smile.

Circa.... 20 mins ago. ;)

I just got finished rebuilding the master cylinder and cleaning the carbs. Front brakes were fading bad but not anymore. Poor old girl sits to much nowadays. She did run the Dragon a few years ago however. Wonder how longs its been since one of these was on that road before then.

Anyway now that we've Totally jacked Que's thread.

When you taken the new bike home Que?

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Looks stock but look again. Dyna S electronic ignition, Miki 29mms with K&N pods, Era correct (and were NOS when we got them) Star Racing headers, 1075 high compression kit, warmed up cams, Jetted right and runs like a top. You can't twist the throttle on this thing and not crack a smile.

I just got finished rebuilding the master cylinder and cleaning the carbs. Front brakes were fading bad but not anymore. Poor old girl sits to much nowadays. She did run the Dragon a few years ago however. Wonder how longs its been since one of these was on that road before then.

Those seats were treacherous......
    I had the Dyna ignition/coils as well.
    Look close and I had the LTD front end on mine. Twin disk. Love to stop...:)

My 900 put me in the hospital. It apparently was a lot faster than I was good.....:):

Wait, did I see this one before...and yes......instant smiles. The torque was right there on these old 2 valve motors.

Tune up a "J" head on an 1105 and :Wowza"

Yeah, "Q" understands.....:cool:

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Those seats were treacherous......

My 900 put me in the hospital. It apparently was a lot faster than I was good.....:):

Wait, did I see this one before...and yes......instant smiles. The torque was right there on these old 2 valve motors.

Tune up a "J" head on an 1105 and :Wowza"

Yeah, "Q" understands.....:cool:

Yeah, best to avoid the Armor All on the flat seats. :):

You may have seen it last time you came down. We have three 75 Z1s though. All three with the original PB&J paint scheme. This one is hard to tell from the other two.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg

You haven't jacked the thread, but made it much better! If I had the talent, I would love to have one of these, but I'm an economic slave to those with skillful hands and mechanical minds.

I will be picking up something when I get back from my trip to Indy and Chicago. The question is, what will I get?

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I went to the dealership and the guy basically said they want to get rid of 2016's as fast as possible and they will deal Michael more on a new '16 versus a used '15. Also, the difference in price was less than $1500, so despite my practice to buy used vehicles, I may have to go with a new one this time. The only difference between the two are color and handlebars. They can find a forest green on black and add some handlebars for me.

C3E5001E-FAB5-4E05-9747-B2DA87A9CC0D_zps1zodetha.jpg

16C22E97-BC37-4C08-80D1-C4E67D499243_zps8itdtms6.jpg

Last edited:

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    . Real nice Harley dude.

Not sure if being sarcastic...... Assuming sarcasm.

Thanks. It's a 2014 Yamaha Raider SCL 1900cc. One of only 500 made that year. Mine is number 423.

Tuning Forks... Because Yamaha only makes precision instruments.

This does remind me though I really do need to get some real pics of my bike. I've been using stock photos.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Thanks. It's a 2014 Yamaha Raider SCL 1900cc. One of only 500 made that year. Mine is number 423.

This does remind me though I really do need to get some real pics of my bike. I've been using stock photos.

Well......it is a clone you know.....:stickpoke:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I went to the dealership and the guy basically said they want to get rid of 2016's as fast as possible and they will deal Michael more on a new '16 versus a used '15. Also, the difference in price was less than $1500, so despite my practice to buy used vehicles, I may have to go with a new one this time. The only difference between the two are color and handlebars. They can find a forest green on black and add some handlebars for me.

C3E5001E-FAB5-4E05-9747-B2DA87A9CC0D_zps1zodetha.jpg

16C22E97-BC37-4C08-80D1-C4E67D499243_zps8itdtms6.jpg

I am digging the dark color myself.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg

How far are your runs? I used to detest the thought of a windshield, but I wouldn't ride without one now. I couldn't image 500 miles in the open wind.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom