• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    We should go back to the CZ threads and debate what constitutes a "clone". Much like a Tanfoglio and a CZ just because one is made in the style of the other doesn't mean it shares anything deeper than appearances. :p

If the Harley was not as popular as it is this Yamaha would not exist...........:cool:

Very cool bike.

Gotcha.....:p

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    How far are your runs? I used to detest the thought of a windshield, but I wouldn't ride without one now. I couldn't image 500 miles in the open wind.

The farthest I've gone in a single day is around 120 miles. Yeah by the time we were heading home I was wanting a windshield. I'd forgotten how bad the wind beats on you on a cruiser. Remember I'm coming from a "standard" style FZ1 to a cruiser. My FZ had a double bubble windshield and didn't buff me at all. This bike at highway speeds buffets my helmet like mad and hurts my neck after a while. Other than that it isn't terrible other than the occasional June bug to the chest.

Other than weekend rides my commute to work is...... short. :)

Last edited:

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    Our 1975 Z1 900 sleeper build

Looks stock but look again. Dyna S electronic ignition, Miki 29mms with K&N pods, Era correct (and were NOS when we got them) Star Racing headers, 1075 high compression kit, warmed up cams, Jetted right and runs like a top. You can't twist the throttle on this thing and not crack a smile.

Circa.... 20 mins ago. ;)

I just got finished rebuilding the master cylinder and cleaning the carbs. Front brakes were fading bad but not anymore. Poor old girl sits to much nowadays. She did run the Dragon a few years ago however. Wonder how longs its been since one of these was on that road before then.

Anyway now that we've Totally jacked Que's thread.

When you taken the new bike home Que?
    youre killing me Kaw! I had a '76 Z1. Never should have sold that one but at the time I figured I only needed one bike. I was wrong!
    Do you ever see any Z1R's these days? I've seen the same '78 at bike night downtown the last couple years.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Z1R you ask? I don't have time to post anymore pics right now but..... Yeah I may have seen a Z1R around somewhere..... ;)

Though ours is not turbocharged :(

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    The farthest I've gone in a single day is around 120 miles. Yeah by the time we were heading home I was wanting a windshield. I'd forgotten how bad the wind beats on you on a cruiser. Remember I'm coming from a "standard" style FZ1 to a cruiser. My FZ had a double bubble windshield and didn't buff me at all. This bike at highway speeds buffets my helmet like mad and hurts my neck after a while. Other than that it isn't terrible other than the occasional June bug to the chest.

Other than weekend rides my commute to work is...... short. :)

I had a Honda Magna that I sold to an INGO member. I wish I had held on to that bike to commute to work. I try to make sure my club rides 500-700 miles a month. We have one guy who rides with us, with a 750cc crotch rocket and we have to stop more with him. It's painful to watch him after a while on the road. He's getting a bigger bike after he buys a house.

I'm hoping to make this run next summer.
    D43057D8-2DE9-4B76-9A09-B777C8A8865E_zpsq32sijut.jpg

semperfi211

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Near Lowell
    Do any of you experience hip pain from riding your bikes. I have had a Softail Deluxe for a couple months. It had a sundowner seat on it when I got it. I was having hip pain, more so when I have my feet down but some when I have my feet on the floorboards. I switched to the stock seat and am having the same problem. I thought I would get used to it, but no luck yet. I am even doing physical therapy exercises that don't seem to help. I am looking at a couple Le Pera seats that are narrower considering trying one. Just wondering if anyone has had similar issues.

Hardscrable

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    S.E. of Southwest
    Full disclosure I am no Harley fan. I've never hidden that on these boards but to each their own and as long as it has two wheels its cool with me if its cool with you. That being said I HATE HONDA. ESPECIALLY Gold Wings. They are way over priced way over engineered way to many knobs and buttons and do dads and flashing lights. I mean seriously if your are going to spend the the money on a Gold wing buy yourself a nice convertible sports coupe and call it a day. They aren't motorcycles in my opinion, the are cars with two wheel, except for gold wing trikes those are just :puke:

Anyway rant off. Don't for the love of god buy a Gold Wing. Your NOT AN OLD MAN YET Que!!

All your opinion. I AM an old man. I ride a GW trike and it is next to perfect for my & my wife's needs/wants. And when you buy right...$13,000 off list...not that expensive. Oh, and by the way I already have the sports car, and the boats, and the new SUV, and the almost new pick up, and am shopping for that new motor home plus numerous other toys. I am sure I was riding my first HD ( a '42 ) and then my '54 HD followed by many more different bikes of different flavors long before you were a twinkle in your old man's eye.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    All your opinion. I AM an old man. I ride a GW trike and it is next to perfect for my & my wife's needs/wants. And when you buy right...$13,000 off list...not that expensive. Oh, and by the way I already have the sports car, and the boats, and the new SUV, and the almost new pick up, and am shopping for that new motor home plus numerous other toys. I am sure I was riding my first HD ( a '42 ) and then my '54 HD followed by many more different bikes of different flavors long before you were a twinkle in your old man's eye.

:yesway: your right it is all my opinion. And worth exactly what I charged you for it.

Though my opinion is that of a certified Yamaha and Kawasaki technician with 10+ years experience in the field including 8 years owning an operating a full line Kawasaki dealership. So maybe a little heavier than some but then again this is the Internet. I could be a french super model for all you know.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    :yesway: your right it is all my opinion. And worth exactly what I charged you for it.

Though my opinion is that of a certified Yamaha and Kawasaki technician with 10+ years experience in the field including 8 years owning an operating a full line Kawasaki dealership. So maybe a little heavier than some but then again this is the Internet. I could be a french super model for all you know.

Nah......I know you.........:lmfao:

But I do respect your opinion.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Nah......I know you.........:lmfao:

But I do respect your opinion.

Which makes it all the more surprising. :):

My opinion of Honda is based solely on working on them. Over engineer and over complicated. If everyone else is using 2 moving parts Honda uses 6. If it sounds easy best believe it's nearly impossible to do on a Honda. Then sticking with that design and insisting it's better. Like unicam dirt bike engines even though they devour heads like it's their job Honda won't stop with it. When Yamaha had the 5 valve head and everyone hated it because the center valve was impossible to adjust they went away from it. Honda doubled down on it. Idk I'm just not a Honda guy.

Whatever you ride just jeep the rubber side down and it's all good.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Which makes it all the more surprising. :):

My opinion of Honda is based solely on working on them. Over engineer and over complicated. If everyone else is using 2 moving parts Honda uses 6. If it sounds easy best believe it's nearly impossible to do on a Honda. Then sticking with that design and insisting it's better. Like unicam dirt bike engines even though they devour heads like it's their job Honda won't stop with it. When Yamaha had the 5 valve head and everyone hated it because the center valve was impossible to adjust they went away from it. Honda doubled down on it. Idk I'm just not a Honda guy.

Whatever you ride just jeep the rubber side down and it's all good.

Most intelligent folks have opinions based on reality and experience.
    It is a the dumb a$$es that jump on the internet opinion of the day as reality.
    I have seen your work.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I'm so jelly...

Every time I even look at a bike and/or mention how sharp one is, I get the: "Ain't no way, no how" speech... And she used to like to ride back in the day.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom