• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    It reminds me of the old "Liberals are like a slinky" joke.

They both serve no useful purpose but they are fun to watch roll down a flight of stairs...

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Watching someone roll down a flight of stairs is not violent.

Unless you pushed them.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    [video=youtube;oPlx8Vm5aNM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPlx8Vm5aNM[/video]

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    I knew a kid that would make a bunch of stacks of snowballs the night before a big fight. Then he'd pee on them. Every one. They would freeze overnight and harden up.

He moved a lot and didn't keep friends long.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I was in Chicago with 2 guys 1 from Mississippi 1 from Minnesota and me from New Jersey.

It snowed and I threw a soft snowball at one of them.

The guy from Minnesota challenged us to a snowball fight. The other guy, a big guy, and I looked at each other and smiled, after all the other guy was a kind of milk toast kid.

It turned that this tall skinny kid could form and fire 20 snow balls a minute accurately. he beat us hands down.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I knew a kid that would make a bunch of stacks of snowballs the night before a big fight. Then he'd pee on them. Every one. They would freeze overnight and harden up.

Ethics: challenged
    Social Skills: questionable

Creative Problem Solving: excellent

Mikey1911

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2014
    Newburgh

“The Unfair Advantage”, as practiced in motor sports by Roger Penske (whose team won its 18th Indianapolis 500 today).

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    “The Unfair Advantage”, as practiced in motor sports by Roger Penske (whose team won its 18th Indianapolis 500 today).

Dude. I avoided any sports or local news sights, social media and Indy 500 related content all day so I could watch the race fresh (doing so right now), and a spoiler comes in the politically motivated violence thread?

For cripes sake. For the first time in my 6 years on INGO, negative rep inbound.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Dude. I avoided any sports or local news sights, social media and Indy 500 related content all day so I could watch the race fresh (doing so right now), and a spoiler comes in the politically motivated violence thread?

For cripes sake. For the first time in my 6 years on INGO, negative rep inbound.

Yeah that was pretty cold.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area

I don't think that was deserved. You're multi-tasking watching the race and on the net? Sounds as if the problem is sitting at your keyboard.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I don't think that was deserved. You're multi-tasking watching the race and on the net? Sounds as if the problem is sitting at your keyboard.

First time getting online since the race ended. I was very careful to avoid the Indy 500 thread.

Tell me, what the heck do frozen pee snowballs have to do with the race? I just don't see the connection or why the post in this thread.

But yeah, I agree with you in principle. It's darn hard to avoid info these days unless one seriously sequesters themselves from the outside world.

ETA: Ok, after seeing the finish, what "unfair advantage" was Mikey mad about? Pagenaud won that race with flat out good driving.

Anyway, taking it to the Indy 500 thread where it belongs.

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Mikey, seriously. Penski has been in the game a long time. Yes he plays all the Trump cards available. He spends his money in the right places. He gets the right people. He gets the right drivers. He puts a well prepared package on the grid. If you have ever spent any time in the race garages at the speedway and watched how they operate it becomes clear they are the standard.
    Has he pulled some crap over the years, yes he has. But that race above all others is not a shoe in. No gimme's in that ordeal.

OK, said my peace.

Mikey1911

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2014
    Newburgh
    Where did the person you were betting on finish? In the top 10?

Why did you not post this on the race thread?

I missed the race thread. I suppose that is a capital crime?

I do not bet on the outcome of sporting events. There are far too many opportunities for chicanery and/or officiating incompetence to alter the results. Paul Tracy would have some opinions about that, no?

I am far from angry that Team Penske won again. Pagenaud was out front all day, led the most laps, and his team worked out a strategy to overcome the slightly inferior fuel mileage of his “Chevy” engine.

Forty years of attendance at the 500 has made me respect, even admire, but not worship, Roger Penske for the achievements of his racing and non-racing enterprises. That being said, Mark Donohue’s book “The Unfair Advantage” describes how RP learned to push the rule book envelope better than any other racing organization in the USA. The 1994 “Mercedes-Benz” Ilmor pushrod engine is perhaps the best example of how RP found and (legitimately) exploited a gray area in the rulebook.

”Unfair Advantages” can even be found in snowball fights.

Finally, to McG08—I regret lessening your enjoyment of the race replay. Next time I’ll remember to look in the Break Room.

Now I have said my piece.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom