• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Mikey1911

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2014
    Newburgh
    I guess what I should have done is quoted Malcolm X in full about what to do if somebody “puts his hand on you”. Maybe I would have been “shootered”, and then I wouldn’t have been able to make the post about “The Unfair Advantage”.

Last edited:

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Mikey, don't have a melt down, don't be a fool with your life.
    [video=youtube;KX-JeV37Uqw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KX-JeV37Uqw[/video]

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I missed the race thread. I suppose that is a capital crime?

I do not bet on the outcome of sporting events. There are far too many opportunities for chicanery and/or officiating incompetence to alter the results. Paul Tracy would have some opinions about that, no?

I am far from angry that Team Penske won again. Pagenaud was out front all day, led the most laps, and his team worked out a strategy to overcome the slightly inferior fuel mileage of his “Chevy” engine.

Forty years of attendance at the 500 has made me respect, even admire, but not worship, Roger Penske for the achievements of his racing and non-racing enterprises. That being said, Mark Donohue’s book “The Unfair Advantage” describes how RP learned to push the rule book envelope better than any other racing organization in the USA. The 1994 “Mercedes-Benz” Ilmor pushrod engine is perhaps the best example of how RP found and (legitimately) exploited a gray area in the rulebook.

”Unfair Advantages” can even be found in snowball fights.

Finally, to McG08—I regret lessening your enjoyment of the race replay. Next time I’ll remember to look in the Break Room.

Now I have said my piece.

No worries sir. It's all in good fun. I was just giving you a bit of a hard time.

There were a couple of Penske drivers up front when I saw your post, so there was still some drama to the finish.

Mikey1911

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2014
    Newburgh
    No worries sir. It's all in good fun. I was just giving you a bit of a hard time.

There were a couple of Penske drivers up front when I saw your post, so there was still some drama to the finish.

We’re good, then.

Something that really flipped me out was that as Lap 197 began, people started walking down the aisle to get out of J Stand, partially blocking my view of the main straight even though I was standing up in my seat. What in the Sam Hill were they thinking—that they were somehow going to beat the traffic coming out of the Speedway?

Now we return to Political Violence, after these messages and a word from your local station.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I missed the race thread. I suppose that is a capital crime?

I do not bet on the outcome of sporting events. There are far too many opportunities for chicanery and/or officiating incompetence to alter the results. Paul Tracy would have some opinions about that, no?

I am far from angry that Team Penske won again. Pagenaud was out front all day, led the most laps, and his team worked out a strategy to overcome the slightly inferior fuel mileage of his “Chevy” engine.

Forty years of attendance at the 500 has made me respect, even admire, but not worship, Roger Penske for the achievements of his racing and non-racing enterprises. That being said, Mark Donohue’s book “The Unfair Advantage” describes how RP learned to push the rule book envelope better than any other racing organization in the USA. The 1994 “Mercedes-Benz” Ilmor pushrod engine is perhaps the best example of how RP found and (legitimately) exploited a gray area in the rulebook.

”Unfair Advantages” can even be found in snowball fights.

Finally, to McG08—I regret lessening your enjoyment of the race replay. Next time I’ll remember to look in the Break Room.

Now I have said my piece.

Just a note......RP pirated that engine design from butch at the Menard engine shop. Butch designed it and had an almost working prototype on the Dyno when Roger half bought half pirated the design. Butch had issues with the dry sump oiling system yet to be worked out.
    R.P.s people solved the problem.

How do I know this.............I was a fixture in that shop. I watched Butch pop more than a few on the Dyno.

As with any engine program R.P. was the Chevy Ilmore distributor when I was involved. The Ilmore you leased this year was what they developed last season. The new engines were in R.P.s cars and you could hear the difference if you had the ear.
    Everyone in that seat does it. Hendricks engine shop will not give you everything they have in the home teams cars. Just a piece of personal experience having seen a lot of this stuff 1st hand.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Pirates? Is that a topic for political violence or the law of the sea? I think hanging is called for... maybe just a flogging.
    493d91b652943c548e906cbd93fcf1fa.jpg

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Just a note......RP pirated that engine design from butch at the Menard engine shop. Butch designed it and had an almost working prototype on the Dyno when Roger half bought half pirated the design. Butch had issues with the dry sump oiling system yet to be worked out.
    R.P.s people solved the problem.

How do I know this.............I was a fixture in that shop. I watched Butch pop more than a few on the Dyno.

As with any engine program R.P. was the Chevy Ilmore distributor when I was involved. The Ilmore you leased this year was what they developed last season. The new engines were in R.P.s cars and you could hear the difference if you had the ear.
    Everyone in that seat does it. Hendricks engine shop will not give you everything they have in the home teams cars. Just a piece of personal experience having seen a lot of this stuff 1st hand.

New nickname....Patcheye Penske!

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    [video=youtube;o5J1qxBZQJo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5J1qxBZQJo[/video]

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom