Not open for further replies.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    No. I get tired of all the frothing and fuming over some specific act that many here wish to politicize and or paint everyone to the left of their personal views as anarchists and terrorists.

I am fed up with the fringe elements and radicals who have pretty much taken over my previous party (Democrat), the Academy Awards, the film industry, social interaction, the school system, matrimony, yada yada yada. And most of the time, it is done without violence. It is the constant pressure and yammering that has allowed these fringe elements to make inroads into the society I used to know and love.

But, I refuse to join the hot tub party that exists here describing middle-of-the-road liberals as anarchists.

I don't think anyone is doing that. I think most agree that it's the fringe that fit that description. Unfortunately, as you yourself said, the fringe elements and radicals have pretty much taken over your previous party (your words).

Face it Alpo... you're gradually scooching over a little closer to "our side". Next thing you know, you'll be pulling that fake yawn move so you can put your arm around our shoulder... :):

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    No. I get tired of all the frothing and fuming over some specific act that many here wish to politicize and or paint everyone to the left of their personal views as anarchists and terrorists.

I am fed up with the fringe elements and radicals who have pretty much taken over my previous party (Democrat), the Academy Awards, the film industry, social interaction, the school system, matrimony, yada yada yada. And most of the time, it is done without violence. It is the constant pressure and yammering that has allowed these fringe elements to make inroads into the society I used to know and love.

But, I refuse to join the hot tub party that exists here describing middle-of-the-road liberals as anarchists.

I get that. But maybe it's more fruitful to ask for his evidence that liberal parents are any more productive of bullies than conservative parents. And maybe ask what he means by "liberal". I don't categorize them to be the same as the rest of the left. Progressives are illiberal, for example. Many liberals I know still believe in individual responsibility. I assume you do.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I don't think anyone is doing that. I think most agree that it's the fringe that fit that description. Unfortunately, as you yourself said, the fringe elements and radicals have pretty much taken over your previous party (your words).

He did say liberal parents were responsible, which could have a range of meaning.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Looks like a few fell for Alpo’s ruse for awhile.

Tossing out a made up claim to prove a point.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Looks like a few fell for Alpo’s ruse for awhile.

Tossing out a made up claim to prove a point.

I just read this part of the discussion again, and it doesn't appear anyone fell for anything, really. Nor did I think Alpo was trying to ruse anyone. I think he mixed up some evidence which wasn't as relevant as maybe he thought. An honest miscue. One could say that saying bullies come from liberal parents is tossing out a made up claim.

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    To equate acid attacks with a pie in the face is beyond the pale.

I knew the milk-shake attacks would be escalated, but I didn't expect a business to lead the way. Here is a British brewing company (they've since deleted the tweet).

95ow6W5.png

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I knew the milk-shake attacks would be escalated, but I didn't expect a business to lead the way. Here is a British brewing company (they've since deleted the tweet).

95ow6W5.png

I suppose that's well and good if they even knew how to identify a real ass fascist. But then they'd have to throw bricks at all the mirrors.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I just read this part of the discussion again, and it doesn't appear anyone fell for anything, really. Nor did I think Alpo was trying to ruse anyone. I think he mixed up some evidence which wasn't as relevant as maybe he thought. An honest miscue. One could say that saying bullies come from liberal parents is tossing out a made up claim.

Somebody it providing the catalyst for these things to happen... Seems like at a minimum it's circumstantial evidence... posting from earlier in this thread.

[video=youtube;07bjyxgxG94]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07bjyxgxG94[/video]

[video=youtube;6PF0IksDNLc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PF0IksDNLc [/video]

They think this is normal and acceptable behavior and can't understand why they would be getting in trouble over it.
    Now, somebody show me where the "conservative bullies" are getting the same guidance to act like these leftie anarchists?
    This mindset is what is being cranked out in the liberal meccas today.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas

Got bad news for you. They are not "the fringe."

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Somebody it providing the catalyst for these things to happen... Seems like at a minimum it's circumstantial evidence... posting from earlier in this thread.

They think this is normal and acceptable behavior and can't understand why they would be getting in trouble over it.
    Now, somebody show me where the "conservative bullies" are getting the same guidance to act like these leftie anarchists?

That says that progressive ideology is a problem which seems to lead to bullying behavior. That's not saying that bullying itself comes from the left. Lots of conservative parents divorce. Lots of conservative dads are deadbeats. Lots of conservative parents are not great parents. Also, as I've said elsewhere, these authoritarian progressives are not liberal. Authoritarians are illiberal.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Yeah. They kinda are. The fringe that's the loudmouth bat-**** crazy progressives right now make up only 7-10% of the population. It's growing because they control the traditional avenues of influence and some non-traditional ones.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne

Oh, I don't know.

From the outside, the bad apples are always the ones seen and lead us to infer the whole group is bad. Be they liberals, Muslims, Christians, Gun owners, Buckeye Fans... it's easy to point to offenders then label the whole group.

Of course, from the inside it's the opposite - "no, no, we're not like those people. They don't represent us." .... But in these cases, the left is incredibly silent...

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Yeah. They kinda are. The fringe that's the loudmouth bat-**** crazy progressives right now make up only 7-10% of the population. It's growing because they control the traditional avenues of influence and some non-traditional ones.

Yet, naturally they make up 90-100% of the examples shown here. Which, no complaints, should be - this thread is devoted to calling out that minority, but they are just that, a minority.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    I get that. But maybe it's more fruitful to ask for his evidence that liberal parents are any more productive of bullies than conservative parents. And maybe ask what he means by "liberal". I don't categorize them to be the same as the rest of the left. Progressives are illiberal, for example. Many liberals I know still believe in individual responsibility. I assume you do.

Of course I do.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Oh, I don't know.

From the outside, the bad apples are always the ones seen and lead us to infer the whole group is bad. Be they liberals, Muslims, Christians, Gun owners, Buckeye Fans... it's easy to point to offenders then label the whole group.

Of course, from the inside it's the opposite - "no, no, we're not like those people. They don't represent us." .... But in these cases, the left is incredibly silent...

Yeah. But you're right about Buckeyes.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area

nra_theft_provided_web_970.jpg

https://www.wthr.com/article/police-searching-man-who-stole-nra-convention-indy

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I was reading this news report and it reminded me of this thread.

Gang of kids out hassling people. When someone stood up to them, they packed together and did a beat down on him. Guaranteed that as soon as someone actually defends themself from punks like this by shooting, stabbing or just a good old fashioned street fight, their parents and the community will defend them and say it's just a bunch of defenseless little kids out playing.
    And how dare you hurt my baby.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/off-duty-fdny-firefighter-attacked-by-teens-after-defending-elderly-couple

Now...
    Why is it always the "Liberals" kids that are always doing this crap? Honest question, because I can't see a bunch of children from conservative families doing **** like this. :dunno:

Can we go back to this?

What makes you think the kids are liberals? And the kids are well below the age of 18, so...

Of course, you "can't see a bunch of children from conservative families doing **** like this" because you are a conservative and your side is pure, honest, & upright. It's your enemy that is evil, immoral, & unruly.

Let's be honest, this has more to do with parenting (e.g. likely lack of both a mother & father w/ good skills), rather political persuasion.

Also, /r/suspiciousquotes: is "Liberals" suppose to be code for something when in quotes?

Last edited:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Actually, it's a proven fact that most of the bullies in K-12 are from right-leaning families with abusive fathers.

Alpo’s post from above is what I’m referring to as what I believe is a made up ruse in order to illustrate a point about other members trying to pin all liberal’s as the root cause of societal ills such as producing a majority of gang bullies in this case.

I saw his claim as flipping the script on you guys because he took offense to the constant attempts at the lumping all liberals in with the fringe.

That was my take anyway. Could be wrong.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom