Not open for further replies.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    All of the male players on SVU also made a series of anti-men/#metoo commercials.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Turns out there was a cop there when they needed one:

[video=youtube;07bjyxgxG94]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07bjyxgxG94[/video]It would take a heart of stone...

This is the same university where this happened:

[video=youtube;6PF0IksDNLc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PF0IksDNLc [/video]

Interestingly the thief in the first video was arrested, cuffed, and "moved" to the pokey immediately. The creature who assaulted the pro-life guy was only cited. I'm wondering if this is because the cops witnessed the theft but not the assault?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

This is what I'm talking about with the influencers (education, press, media, Hollywood, etc) making people think that the left is the moral side and the right is the evil side. This is a prime example of Hollywood producers erecting a strawman of the right. Plain and simple. And there's two parts of it. One part is intentional. An conscious effort to promote their ideas over the other side. But another part of it is that many people really think this is how it is. There's a study which showed the right knows the left better than the left knows the right. All the left knows about the right is the straw monsters the influencers have produced.

I know someone that when someone else mentioned how horrible it must have been for Sandmann, she said, well, he should have just moved out of the way. So all the **** a 17 year old kid had to endure from the full weight of the media, non-stop for weeks, boils down to, he could have just moved out of the way. Or. How about this? The press didn't need to make a villain out of a kid. But they wanted to. And she acts like the kid deserved all of that because he didn't move out of the way. What if everything were reversed and it was a young woman of color wearing an Obama button? Should she be canceled if she didn't move out of the way of some activist right winger?

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    it's ok when it happens to some people

Burger King tweeted a "joke" about selling milkshakes during the protest, encouraging more people to do it.

Today they did the "JK we didn't mean it" stuff.

D7B30XHWkAEXRjQ.jpg:small

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009

Burger King tweeted a "joke" about selling milkshakes during the protest, encouraging more people to do it.

—1 Burger King

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

I'm not mad at BK. McD's got free press when it was reported that the police were banning the McD's near wear Nigel was speaking from selling milkshakes. BK wanted to get in on the action. I get it. :dunno:

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/poli...shakes-near-nigel-farage-rally-094029389.html

Southbendfamily

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 21, 2013
    SBN
    in 2016 there were 601 acid attacks on persons in the UK. It has diminished slightly in the past 2 years but is still very prevalent and to to think that it is ever ok to throw an unknown liquid against another person because you think the political differences merit, you are the lowest of low. The piety in thinking something like this is "hilarious" is revolting. Tell that to the people that were not expecting to be attacked by a liquid, to be defaced by a liquid. The immaturity of anyone that would condone such juvenile behavior speaks more to the sophomoric ambivalence we demonstrate towards opposing opinion. If they were not such *****'s and unable to defend themselves, more attackers should be dead.
    "ASTI's figures, quoting the police, reveal the number of recorded attacks has increased nearly three-fold from 228 recorded crimes in 2012 to 601 attacks in 2016.With more than 400 incidents reported in the six months, 2017 was widely regarded as the worst ever year for acid attacks.
    Unlike in other countries, where 80 per cent of acid attacks are against women, in the UK most victims are men, ASTI says."
    https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/4016850/acid-attacks-uk-london-statistics-westbourne-grove/
    naila-acid-violence3.jpg
    "The data, which was collected by The Mirror newspaper, comes from 30 UK police forces. Within their jurisdictions 2,006 acid attacks were recorded between January 2016 and May 2018."​
    https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1000969/UK-crime-2-000-acid-attacks-police-London
    Louise-Duddy-who-was-attacked-by-Gordon-Modiak.jpg

"The victims of London’s violent acid attacks are overwhelmingly male. Four out of five victims in 2016 were men, according to the statistics.
    From 2007 to 2011, around 50 men and 50 women were attacked each year. Since 2012, however, the number of attacks on men has increased dramatically each year, peaking at 352 in 2016."
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/bbcthree/article/5d38c003-c54a-4513-a369-f9eae0d52f91
    Victims-634364.jpg

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    To equate acid attacks with a pie in the face is beyond the pale.

It just goes to show that those acid attacks have now spoiled good intended pranks forever.
    I myself have already added it to my training. No pie wielding clown will get anywhere near me. :draw:

.......are we talking chocolate or just a plain meringue?

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    To equate acid attacks with a pie in the face is beyond the pale.

The comparison is quite fair. Try mailing some white foot powder to a major political figure and see if it is taken lightly. No one gets hurt, but the implied threat is evident.

Leftists using this form of low level violence is just like bratty kids waving their hands in front of your face and saying "I'm not touching you! I'm not touching you!". It is an invitation to reaction. The best way to stop it is either to "knock them down" a couple of times or to have the legal system do it. I'm not sure the legal system is up to it and I would support anyone who knocked down such an attacker.

Last edited:

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    The comparison is quite fair. Try mailing some white foot powder to a major political figure and see if it is taken lightly. No one gets hurt, but the implied threat is evident.

Leftists using this form of low level violence is just like bratty kids waving their hands in front of your face and saying "I'm not touching you! I'm not touching you!". It is an invitation to reaction. The best way to stop it is either to "knock them down" a couple of times or to have the legal system do it. I'm not sure the legal system is up to it and I would support anyone who knocked down such an attacker.
    You might support them, but I bet the legal system there would not.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Pies are weapons of terror when only the thrower knows what’s in the pie.

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    You might support them, but I bet the legal system there would not.

As I said, the legal system may not be up to it. When leftists act as brats, they should be treated like you would the bratty child. If one child taunts another and was clearly the instigator, retaliation is to be encouraged, but limited. When the brat then calls for daddy/mommy/government, they should simply be told "Now you understand why you shouldn't taunt people." It is part of raising civilized humans.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom