• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    I was reading this news report and it reminded me of this thread.

Gang of kids out hassling people. When someone stood up to them, they packed together and did a beat down on him. Guaranteed that as soon as someone actually defends themself from punks like this by shooting, stabbing or just a good old fashioned street fight, their parents and the community will defend them and say it's just a bunch of defenseless little kids out playing.
    And how dare you hurt my baby.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/off-duty-fdny-firefighter-attacked-by-teens-after-defending-elderly-couple

Now...
    Why is it always the "Liberals" kids that are always doing this crap? Honest question, because I can't see a bunch of children from conservative families doing **** like this. :dunno:

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Actually, it's a proven fact that most of the bullies in K-12 are from right-leaning families with abusive fathers.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/in-the-united-states-right-wing-violence-is-on-the-rise/2018/11/25/61f7f24a-deb4-11e8-85df-7a6b4d25cfbb_story.html?utm_term=.86d9886edafa

CCPUYFXRCII6RGOCZ7FG7T3BBQ.jpg

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Actually, it's a proven fact that most of the bullies in K-12 are from right-leaning families with abusive fathers.

I find that 100% unbelievable and 150% politically motivated.
    Without researching it myself, I can base it all on my own life experience. Sure you'll get a handful of bullies from every corner of the spectrum but most "gangs" of kids and gangs in general are from the liberal left leaning communities.

*EDIT - "Global Terrorism Database" from the Washington Post....... I rest my case. :lmfao:

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    And honestly, it's not that I even really doubt the claim... I don't know enough on the subject to refute it. But Googling around, I'm only finding motivators with regards to race, wealth, location, and family history of abuse. I even tried seeding the searches, looking for specifically studies that would link to political make-up... but nothing turned up.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    I got my data the same place Trump does. You don't like it? Tell Trump.

So....criminal is the same as liberal. Not. How many drug dealers do you know that vote? I really question that many folks here (other than those that deal with criminals, gangs and the poor on a professional level) run into gangs. Drug users? Sure if you are outside the law in your use of illegal substances, you are going to run into criminals and criminal behavior. I doubt that their political affiliation has much to do with it, if they are political at all.

Bullies aren't necessarily "gang members", unless you consider high school footballers and college fraternities "gangs". It also seems that most of the bullies I've met and dealt with in my eary life were WASP's or WASC's.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Claim is made, quite definitive.

Source is questioned.

Reply is... without source? And snarky.

Again, I don't know the data. That's why I'm asking for it. I'm curious if there actually has been such a study, and what the findings were. Maybe bullies are from families that lean one way over the other. I have absolutely no idea... so if it's a proven fact, I'm looking to learn.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

So....criminal is the same as liberal. Not. How many drug dealers do you know that vote? I really question that many folks here (other than those that deal with criminals, gangs and the poor on a professional level) run into gangs. Drug users? Sure if you are outside the law in your use of illegal substances, you are going to run into criminals and criminal behavior. I doubt that their political affiliation has much to do with it, if they are political at all.

Bullies aren't necessarily "gang members", unless you consider high school footballers and college fraternities "gangs". It also seems that most of the bullies I've met and dealt with in my eary life were WASP's or WASC's.

Yeah, but seriously, you can't use statistics on domestic terrorism to say the thing described above is more prevalent from the right. But, I wouldn't agree with him that it's exclusive to the left either. I don't think left vs right is a particularly large indicator of the kind of teen gang actions that was described. I think you're both engaging in some "not my tribe" kind of stuff that isn't relevant.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Claim is made, quite definitive.

Source is questioned.

Reply is... without source? And snarky.

Again, I don't know the data. That's why I'm asking for it. I'm curious if there actually has been such a study, and what the findings were. Maybe bullies are from families that lean one way over the other. I have absolutely no idea... so if it's a proven fact, I'm looking to learn.

I sense a double standard. You don't question the president's declaratives.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I sense a double standard. You don't question the president's declaratives.

What? Ever? You serious dude?

Here's the deal. We're in a group conversation here. Someone makes a claim. You refute the claim using data that doesn't even pertain to the claim to say he has it backwards. You get called out, and your defense now is "but Trump"? :rolleyes:

C'mon man. You're better than that.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    What? Ever? You serious dude?

Here's the deal. We're in a group conversation here. Someone makes a claim. You refute the claim using data that doesn't even pertain to the claim to say he has it backwards. You get called out, and your defense now is "but Trump"? :rolleyes:

C'mon man. You're better than that.

No. I get tired of all the frothing and fuming over some specific act that many here wish to politicize and or paint everyone to the left of their personal views as anarchists and terrorists.

I am fed up with the fringe elements and radicals who have pretty much taken over my previous party (Democrat), the Academy Awards, the film industry, social interaction, the school system, matrimony, yada yada yada. And most of the time, it is done without violence. It is the constant pressure and yammering that has allowed these fringe elements to make inroads into the society I used to know and love.

But, I refuse to join the hot tub party that exists here describing middle-of-the-road liberals as anarchists.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    No. I get tired of all the frothing and fuming over some specific act that many here wish to politicize and or paint everyone to the left of their personal views as anarchists and terrorists.

I am fed up with the fringe elements and radicals who have pretty much taken over my previous party (Democrat), the Academy Awards, the film industry, social interaction, the school system, matrimony, yada yada yada. And most of the time, it is done without violence. It is the constant pressure and yammering that has allowed these fringe elements to make inroads into the society I used to know and love.

But, I refuse to join the hot tub party that exists here describing middle-of-the-road liberals as anarchists.

I'm tired of it too!
    I just want the real truth to come out so all the lying and covering up **** can finally end.

Regardless of which way the truth paints peoples political views, wouldn't it be nice to finally have it out in the open?

....besides..... Hillary's running out of people to kill. :):

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Actually, it's a proven fact that most of the bullies in K-12 are from right-leaning families with abusive fathers...

I have a hard time believing that true bullies (in 2019 we don't seem to know what that is) spend much time with their fathers at all.

But in any event, all is not lost.

See below.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom