• Status
    Not open for further replies.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Smollett’s attorney still proclaiming her client’s innocence when asked by a local news reporter.

Says some bull**** about innocent until proven guilty and that’s how the justice system is supposed to work.

WTF?!! How in the hell is anyone supposed to prove his guilt when a shady back door deal is given by the SA office to drop all charges and then seal the entire case?

This has a major stench to it.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Screenshot-2019-03-21-15-12-39-1.png

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    CPD says they found out SA Kim Foxx’s office was going to drop charges against Smolett through a source this morning just before academy graduation. Foxx did not contact Supt Johnson or the Mayor beforehand which the source called “unprofessional” and “disrespectful”.

They timed it perfectly, while everyone was busy

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    It’s pretty obvious that even a caveman can figure out what’s going on here. Smollett has connections that lead all the way back to the Obamas and the SA Foxx is on a political course to be part of that same circle which includes people like Kamala Harris.

Go from there.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    So, Jessie Smollet claims he is found innocent and was the victim in this entire situation. If so, why did the AG say that previous community service and forfeiting his bond was appropriate? Innocent people don't pay fines and community service. This sounds far more like a criminal plea agreement than an exoneration.

In other words, Smollet is lying again, just as he did with his original attack claim.

This is how I look when I am shocked, as I am now, by the shocking surprise that he's the victim again.

3249911_0.jpg

My question is, just how pissed is Rahm Emmanuel, and how far will he go to get payback for the (DC) heavyweights who clearly went behind his back to fix this.

Nazgul

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Near the big river.
    Well, there are rules for us, and rules for the rich/powerful/influential.
    We knew it.
    This is just them rubbing our faces in it.

And..
    I can't believe I've agreed with Rahm.

Like most I was shocked when I heard this. After thinking about it and hearing about the Obama connection, I am not sure it isn't all rigged. Even Rahm's reaction may be theater to please some segment of the voters. The result is the same, they got their guy free.

Don

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    So, Jessie Smollet claims he is found innocent and was the victim in this entire situation. If so, why did the AG say that previous community service and forfeiting his bond was appropriate? Innocent people don't pay fines and community service. This sounds far more like a criminal plea agreement than an exoneration.

In other words, Smollet is lying again, just as he did with his original attack claim.
    It isn’t really even a plea agreement because Smollett wasn’t even required to admit that he even did anything even though the prosecution claims that he wasn’t exonerated and they felt that the evidence was there to prove that he did.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Yesterday on Hammer and Nigel Jessie Waters mentioned SA Foxx had taken $300K from a Soros front group at some point. Nothing to see here, Mike Obama's CoS, who is ALSO a Chicago lawyer, you got a presidential candidate who is besties with the hate-crime hoaxer's family which includes a black panther. Yeah, nothing to see here. HE WROTE A CHECK TO THE GUYS WHO ATTACKED HIM!!

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Yesterday on Hammer and Nigel Jessie Waters mentioned SA Foxx had taken $300K from a Soros front group at some point. Nothing to see here, Mike Obama's CoS, who is ALSO a Chicago lawyer, you got a presidential candidate who is besties with the hate-crime hoaxer's family which includes a black panther. Yeah, nothing to see here. HE WROTE A CHECK TO THE GUYS WHO ATTACKED HIM!!
    This whole thing is a hoax right down to the sweet back door deal crafted by fellow travelers to let Smollett off the hook.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Like most I was shocked when I heard this. After thinking about it and hearing about the Obama connection, I am not sure it isn't all rigged. Even Rahm's reaction may be theater to please some segment of the voters. The result is the same, they got their guy free.

Don
    I don't know. Rahm is screaming from every platform he can find about this. He was on GMA this morning complaining. Even the GMA lawyer was staying the whole thing stank. He's never heard of a case handled like this.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    The SA’s office said part of the reason for making the deal was because the charges of lying to the police didn’t involve any violent acts.

That may be the case but Smollett created concerns within the community that there were despots in the area looking to commit acts of violence which he knew wasn’t the case.

Also taking it to the national level Smollett’s hoax could very well have stoked the already uneasy civil discourse in this country and perpetuated the hatred toward MAGA Trump supporters that can potentially lead to violent acts being committed against them.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I don't know. Rahm is screaming from every platform he can find about this. He was on GMA this morning complaining. Even the GMA lawyer was staying the whole thing stank. He's never heard of a case handled like this.

At a certain point, the smell is so putrid that even Democrats have to point out the heap of garbage in the room.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Interesting.

If charges are dropped, and it isn't an active investigation, Illinois law may allow for the complete file to be released.

In this situation, Chicago PD has some motivation to actually release the whole thing.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    GP's blood pressure is a little lower, indicated by the lack of asterisks in his posts.

BTW, I, along with Indiucky, fully support everything he originally posted.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom