• Status
    Not open for further replies.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Rahm Emmanuel just went on a rant against Jussie Smollett and the "deal". Eddie Johnson is livid as well.

Wild stuff.

Rahm called it a "whitewash" at least 5 times.

He is about ready to explode.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    "Empire Writers" official twitter account posted a screenshot of the decision with the message, "See you Wednesday!" with some emoticons or some ****.

I'm trying to describe my ire for this situation. The term "seething" isn't really getting there. Is there a better word?

Maybe "incensed"?

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Rahm called this an insider deal that he only got because of his fame.

...and who would know insider deals better?

The charges may be gone, but this is far from over.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Obviously all the evidence and whatnot... but the fact his lawyer is actually settling on the two Nigerians doing it... are they forgetting he described two white males?

Entire thing is horse**** corruption. **** him. **** this. **** the SA. **** his lawyer.

KMaC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 4, 2016
    Indianapolis
    Obviously all the evidence and whatnot... but the fact his lawyer is actually settling on the two Nigerians doing it... are they forgetting he described two white males?

Entire thing is horse**** corruption. **** him. **** this. **** the SA. **** his lawyer.
    You forgot "the horse he rode in on."

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Smollett: "I have been truthful and consistent on every single level since day one."

Smollett family statement: "Our son and brother is an innocent man whose name and character has been unjustly smeared."

Statement from 20th Century Fox Television and Fox Entertainment: “Jussie Smollett has always maintained his innocence and we are gratified on his behalf that all charges against him have been dismissed.”

****. Every. Single. One. Of. These. People.

They are all ****ing liars.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Smollett: "I have been truthful and consistent on every single level since day one."

Smollett family statement: "Our son and brother is an innocent man whose name and character has been unjustly smeared."

Statement from 20th Century Fox Television and Fox Entertainment: “Jussie Smollett has always maintained his innocence and we are gratified on his behalf that all charges against him have been dismissed.”

****. Every. Single. One. Of. These. People.

They are all ****ing liars.

What GP said.....

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    CPD should be leaking all that evidence, right ****ing now.

Let the court of public opinion destroy this piece of ****.

If he came out and at least copped to it, fine, chalk it up to corrupt Chicago politics. But no, he's standing by his bull**** story. He should be ****ing wrecked as far as livelihood goes.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    CPD should be leaking all that evidence, right ****ing now.

Let the court of public opinion destroy this piece of ****.

If he came out and at least copped to it, fine, chalk it up to corrupt Chicago politics. But no, he's standing by his bull**** story. He should be ****ing wrecked as far as livelihood goes.

What GP said again....

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Emanuel: `Whitewash of justice" in Smollett case - Story | WFLD

[FONT=&quot]"[This case] sends a clear message that if you're in a position of influence and power youll be treated one way and if youre not youll be treated another way," he said.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Johnson said, "Our job as police officers is to present them with the evdience ... If someone ever falsely accused me [of a crime], I would never hide behind a brokered deal and secrecy."

Cook County State's Attorney Kim Foxx, who recused herself from Smollett's case, previously asked Johnson to let the FBI investigate Smollett's alleged attack after the former chief of staff to former first lady Michelle Obama allegedly informed Foxx that Smollett's family had concerns about the probe.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]The Chicago Fraternal Order of Police President Kevin Graham then alleged that Foxx had illegally interfered with their investigation into Smollett's alleged crime. Graham reportedly wrote to the Justice Department to investigate whether Foxx herself broke any laws related to the probe.
    [/FONT]

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I will patiently await his multi-million dollar lawsuit against CPD for defamation. Because, if his cause is truly righteous, then that is the appropriate mechanism to achieve vindication.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Seriously, leaking all the evidence would be the ultimate "**** you" to the SA and prickface. It would be a very "Chicago" thing to do, too.

Rahm's packing up his office this week anyway, and headed to DC.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Rahm called this an insider deal that he only got because of his fame.

...and who would know insider deals better?

The charges may be gone, but this is far from over.

Seems like I just heard recently about another investigation that just because no charges will be brought, it doesn't mean he's exonerated. Now where did I hear that... :scratch:

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Seems like I just heard recently about another investigation that just because no charges will be brought, it doesn't mean he's exonerated. Now where did I hear that... :scratch:

There's one huge difference between these situations.

With Smollett, the people who investigated believed, and still believe, that criminal charges are warranted.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Cook County state's attorney office now admits there was nothing wrong with evidence against Smollett. One official tells NYT 'We did not exonerate him.' Adds that 'We stand behind the charges' that they just dropped and sealed.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Well, there are rules for us, and rules for the rich/powerful/influential.
    We knew it.
    This is just them rubbing our faces in it.

And..
    I can't believe I've agreed with Rahm.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    "Peers" doesn't necessarily mean what you think it means.

peer-logo-810x561.jpg.cf.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom