• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Well, he's losing the NY Post... in a way that strikes me as funny. (Pardon the pun.)

https://nypost.com/2019/02/11/jussie-smolletts-neighbors-cast-doubt-on-his-attack-story/

“I don’t believe it happened the way he said it did,” said Agin Muhammad, who lives in the same swank high-rise near the Navy Pier as Smollett.
    “I’ve been in this neighborhood five years. I don’t believe it, not around here … Half the people are gay and the other half are black.”

Because those 2 categories are clearly mutually exclusive.... :lol:

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    More of the tiresome nitpicking of most everything Kut types on here.

iu

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Well, he's losing the NY Post... in a way that strikes me as funny. (Pardon the pun.)

https://nypost.com/2019/02/11/jussie-smolletts-neighbors-cast-doubt-on-his-attack-story/

Because those 2 categories are clearly mutually exclusive.... :lol:
    “Half the people are gay and the other half are black.”

Well yeah. But these days things can add up to more than 100%. In addition to the 100% accounted for, it’s “maga country”, which accounts for the remaining 120%.

The problem with Jussie is that he’s so out if touch with “maga country” that he didn’t attribute anything to them that they would actually say. At least then.

Now that it’s out there, there’ll be ornery *******s saying it just to be ornery *******s. Hell. I might say it. If there IS a maga country, it’s probably Indiana. And still ain’t nobody gonna get treated like Jussie pretended to be. Ain’t that many violent white supremacy advocates out there. Chances of running into one in legitimate maga country are quite rare.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Assuming Jussie Smollett is proven to have fabricated this story, I can predict the Liberal take on it ....

"Just because it didn't happen this time doesn't mean it hasn't happened hundreds or thousands of time before. The fact that he felt he had to make these claims proves the extent of racism and homophobia in this country."

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    “Half the people are gay and the other half are black.”

Well yeah. But these days things can add up to more than 100%. In addition to the 100% accounted for, it’s “maga country”, which accounts for the remaining 120%.

The problem with Jussie is that he’s so out if touch with “maga country” that he didn’t attribute anything to them that they would actually say. At least then.

Now that it’s out there, there’ll be ornery *******s saying it just to be ornery *******s. Hell. I might say it. If there IS a maga country, it’s probably Indiana. And still ain’t nobody gonna get treated like Jussie pretended to be. Ain’t that many violent white supremacy advocates out there. Chances of running into one in legitimate maga country are quite rare.

I kinda think some flyover country animus may have played a part in any fabrication/embellishment of this. My understanding is that Smollett grew up in CA and NJ. To someone from those places, Chicago might actually seem like the kind of place that would be "MAGA country."

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    My take- he got into a "fight" which he promptly lost and both he and his management saw a chance to make him a household name and hero.

Not much of a new concept.

KMaC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 4, 2016
    Indianapolis
    My take- he got into a "fight" which he promptly lost and both he and his management saw a chance to make him a household name and hero.

If he was only off camera for 60 seconds it was a short fight. And the other person doesn't seem to show up on any cameras.
    I'm guessing slipped on ice, fell & hit his face. "Now I need a good, heroic cover story for my injury."

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    If he was only off camera for 60 seconds it was a short fight. And the other person doesn't seem to show up on any cameras.
    I'm guessing slipped on ice, fell & hit his face. "Now I need a good, heroic cover story for my injury."

Or, his boyfriend hit him. And he's covering it up with an "incident".

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Can you even tell if he was hurt in the videos? Could have happened at a totally different time.

KMaC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 4, 2016
    Indianapolis
    I assumed the police looked at security video at Subway and asked the Subway clerk if Jussie had a cut under his eye when he came in. Maybe I'm wrong.
    I thought I had read that his building has a doorman who said he had the cut when he came home from Subway. But if he didn't have a cut in Subway's video then he had to get it on the way home.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Assuming Jussie Smollett is proven to have fabricated this story, I can predict the Liberal take on it ....

"Just because it didn't happen this time doesn't mean it hasn't happened hundreds or thousands of time before. The fact that he felt he had to make these claims proves the extent of racism and homophobia in this country."
    Last statement is a bit of circular reasoning.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Would have to have been an uber short fight. In about the span of a minute, the encounter would have to escalate from meeting to confrontation to the point of violence, then punches thrown, then decision made to fabricate hoax hate after he got his ass beat, who knows where the clothes line would come from in that short time. He’s in a camera frame, steps out of frame, then steps back into frame one minute later with the clothesline around his neck.

Nah. I seriously doubt he had a tussle with anyone. Most likely had planned the hoax. His manager may have been in on it. Highly doubtful he didn’t have the clothline with him. The “hate” letter he received earlier was probably was a setup for this.

He probably threw away the receipt for the clothesline along with the rapping well before he got to subway. Or, Idunno. Maybe the cops should have sifted through the subway garbage.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Would have to have been an uber short fight. In about the span of a minute, the encounter would have to escalate from meeting to confrontation to the point of violence, then punches thrown, then decision made to fabricate hoax hate after he got his ass beat, who knows where the clothes line would come from in that short time. He’s in a camera frame, steps out of frame, then steps back into frame one minute later with the clothesline around his neck.

Nah. I seriously doubt he had a tussle with anyone. Most likely had planned the hoax. His manager may have been in on it. Highly doubtful he didn’t have the clothline with him. The “hate” letter he received earlier was probably was a setup for this.

He probably threw away the receipt for the clothesline along with the rapping well before he got to subway. Or, Idunno. Maybe the cops should have sifted through the subway garbage.

If Smollett is to be believed, he was targeted, and 60 seconds is more than enough time to mess someone up, hell 15 seconds will do.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Yes, but the perpetrator(s) would have had to show a Jason Bourne level of training, scouting and awareness to not appear on any surveillance camera. Not sure even JB could get into position to pop Smollett at a randomly selected location w/o appearing on camera somewhere or have adequately scouted that same random location

I also wonder about the amateurish threats mailed to the production of Empire prior to this incident. Although my favorite explanation is still "Forgot what the safe word was" it's possible he was trying to roll with a more comprehensive plan and is just really poor on execution

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    The tea leaves suggest the next iteration of the narrative will be:

Just like many People of Color and members of the LGBTQ community, the police are not there to protect us. Jussie was the victim of this crime. The whole thing started on a leak from the CPD that was untrue. The reason they handed over a redacted activity list from the phone was because they are afraid of leaks by CPD. In fact, the facts surrounding the phone activity log WERE leaked which further proves that police can't be trusted. Jussie will no longer cooperate with the cruel and callous system that is fundamentally incapable of protecting him. This is why there's no cooperation with the police, because they are untrustworthsomy.

Of course, I disagree with that whole thing, but something along those lines will come out. Dude can't really help the police, or just doesn't want to, and will need a narrative that explains it.

If CPD files charges after that, it'll look like they're angry about what he says and he'll be a "political prisoner."

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom