• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Well yeah, it kinda was. Pretty strongly "hinted upon" actually.

You said "offer," so where was the prompt prior to that point? Or do you expect that I would need to do so, simply to satisfy the curiosity of others, without being directly asked?

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    You said "offer," so where was the prompt prior to that point? Or do you expect that I would need to do so, simply to satisfy the curiosity of others, without being directly asked?

If I reworded it to say, "Kut, I'm curious as to what you find humorous about Malcom X's assassination," would you interpret that as me asking for an explanation, or would you really think I was just making a statement as to what I'm curious about? Because to come to the latter conclusion requires some real mental gymnastics.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    If I reworded it to say, "Kut, I'm curious as to what you find humorous about Malcom X's assassination," would you interpret that as me asking for an explanation, or would you really think I was just making a statement as to what I'm curious about? Because to come to the latter conclusion requires some real mental gymnastics.

You asked a quest in post 2423, and I responded to the affirmative in 2425. Then you said I didn't answer the question. I'm not a mind reader. If you want to ask something ask.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    You asked a quest in post 2423, and I responded to the affirmative in 2425. Then you said I didn't answer the question. I'm not a mind reader. If you want to ask something ask.

something, something... can't recognize nuance... something, something...

You finally answered by saying you just thought the movie was funny, and not the actual assassination (if I understood your answer that you finally gave). Why did/do blacks at large social gatherings find that movie, and the assassination scene in particular, including the "get your hand out of my pocket" line so funny? What about that scene and that line is humorous? Do I need to clarify that any further, or do you understand what I'm asking?

(emphasis added to make clear that I'm asking questions)

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    something, something... can't recognize nuance... something, something...

You finally answered by saying you just thought the movie was funny, and not the actual assassination (if I understood your answer that you finally gave). Why did/do blacks at large social gatherings find that movie, and the assassination scene in particular, including the "get your hand out of my pocket" line so funny? What about that scene and that line is humorous? Do I need to clarify that any further, or do you understand what I'm asking?

(emphasis added to make clear that I'm asking questions)

Post 2450
    You didn't offer an explanation of why that was so humorous among your peers/fraternity brothers. That's what I'm curious about.

Offer?
    And then you finally as a question.
    Post 2463
    Why do you and folks at "large black social gatherings" think that joking about Malcom X's assassination is funny? I don't know how to ask it any more clearly than that. Trying to understand where the humor lies.

Post 2464
    This question wasn't asked prior to now. But anyway, it's not about going about his assassination. I am unaware of any joke made concerning Malcom X prior to the release of the movie. The humorous portion comes from the re-enactment (by whomever) who people generally think is being silly.

:dunno:

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    tenor.gif

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Post 2450

Offer?
    And then you finally as a question.
    Post 2463

Post 2464

:dunno:

So you thought the reenactment was silly. Okay. I don't know why and I'm not going to play 20 questions with you to find out. It was a silly movie. That's my takeaway. I've not seen it, but I'll take your word for it.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    So you thought the reenactment was silly. Okay. I don't know why and I'm not going to play 20 questions with you to find out. It was a silly movie. That's my takeaway. I've not seen it, but I'll take your word for it.

You ever laughed at a tasteless racial, tragedy, handicapped, or sexist joke? I'm going to assume yes. Apply that logic.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    More of the tiresome nitpicking of most everything Kut types on here.

I do not see a large percentage of what he types on here, but the occasional quote catches my eye.

I stated when I posted the video that I was not familiar with the saying or incident.

I watched the video and I did not see anything funny. I do not see how being black would make it funny. It seems to me that if you are in a large gathering and disagree with the speaker or even hate him it would not be the thing to say. It could be construed as a threat.

I can see how in a small group of friends, when someone says something off the wall, it could be taken as a joke.

I have no Idea how in the current political atmosphere it could be taken as a joke, especially when Twitted by a Trump hater.

I KNOW that it would have been repudiated by Progressives and Conservatives alike, had it been said about Obama.

Secret service may have executed a no knock.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Chicago should hand him a bill. If he can provide evidence OK. Otherwise they should garnish his wages for the thousands of man hours spent.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom