• Status
    Not open for further replies.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    My prediction is that they'll have a diluted re-make of Blazing Saddles before Unintended Consequences becomes a movie.
    About the only thing they could do with Blazing Saddles today is roll the opening credits and go right to the closing credits.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    And there is probably not a member here that has not seen the movie, or at least clips on You Tube and laughed at them. (including Chip)

Generations from now the same statement could be made

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    So you haven't seen one instance of a Trump supporter attacking a protester at a campaign rally? Not once? I'm aware of several.
    Are we keeping score. I don’t like keeping score but if you must, how many maga hat wearers have been assaulted vs maga hat wearers doing the assaulting? Hint: your side is on the winning side of that game.

For example. Ain’t no real ass trump supporter gonna wear a MAGA hat in downtown Chicago, and especially call it Maga country. People in Chigago get their asses beat for wearing that hat there, and they might get shot for claiming it’s “MAGA country”. So I’m sure you understand why people think Jussie is making that **** up. So that’s certainly one stat not tallied for team MAGA. And dammit, stop saying nonsense which makes me have to defend Trumpers.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Are we keeping score. I don’t like keeping score but if you must, how many maga hat wearers have been assaulted vs maga hat wearers doing the assaulting? Hint: your side is on the winning side of that game.

For example. Ain’t no real ass trump supporter gonna wear a MAGA hat in downtown Chicago, and especially call it Maga country. People in Chigago get their asses beat for wearing that hat there, and they might get shot for claiming it’s “MAGA country”. So I’m sure you understand why people think Jussie is making that **** up. So that’s certainly one stat not tallied for team MAGA. And dammit, stop saying nonsense which makes me have to defend Trumpers.

We're not keeping score, I said earlier that there are those on the "other" side that are willing to justify violence over political stances, just like those in red hats. It's ridiculous to say that there aren't Trump supporters that don't think that violence is justified over political differences. That's simply common sense.

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    Let us now debate if anyone can wear a hat and not have it represent the core of their existence.

I mean look at the farmer, it takes a brave man to advertise fertilizer across his forehead. And does one with a IH hat attack a JD hat wearer?

Maybe that is why youngsters wear them backwards, they can already be in the fast lane before you realize that you are offended.

Lets start a war over buttons verses hooks... and don't even get me started on velcro. Really?

Personally, I refuse to give anyone so much control over myself to what they wear can become so psychologically disturbing that it can disarm my ability for rational response and completely take me out of the equation.

Anyone that weak needs a "go fund me" to save up and buy a personality, cut the umbilical cord and learn how to exist in the world.

Just cuz your momma sez it's all about you doesn't mean it's true...

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Let us now debate if anyone can wear a hat and not have it represent the core of their existence.

I mean look at the farmer, it takes a brave man to advertise fertilizer across his forehead. And does one with a IH hat attack a JD hat wearer?

Maybe that is why youngsters wear them backwards, they can already be in the fast lane before you realize that you are offended.

Lets start a war over buttons verses hooks... and don't even get me started on velcro. Really?

Personally, I refuse to give anyone so much control over myself to what they wear can become so psychologically disturbing that it can disarm my ability for rational response and completely take me out of the equation.

Anyone that weak needs a "go fund me" to save up and buy a personality, cut the umbilical cord and learn how to exist in the world.

Just cuz your momma sez it's all about you doesn't mean it's true...

You are not the problem.

The problem is that although I supported Trump over Clinton for president, I did not post a sign in front of my home. I have cars, windows and other breakable things on my property. Where I live I am not sure that some crazy will not be so triggered that that they will cause property or even personal injury to my family.

I would not wear a MAGA hat for the same reason. Not that I would wear a MAGA hat, but it bothers me that a kid can not wear one in public without being accosted by someone.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    shopping

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    You are not the problem.

The problem is that although I supported Trump over Clinton for president, I did not post a sign in front of my home. I have cars, windows and other breakable things on my property. Where I live I am not sure that some crazy will not be so triggered that that they will cause property or even personal injury to my family.

I would not wear a MAGA hat for the same reason. Not that I would wear a MAGA hat, but it bothers me that a kid can not wear one in public without being accosted by someone.

I’m not a “MAGA” kind of person. But I hate that people get so triggered by a ***damn hat. Makes me really, really want to shop in a Whole Foods sporting a MAGA hat. I WANT to trigger these ****head snowflakes so that it can spur a cussfest lecture that they really need to hear. They need to get a ****ing real life instead of living theirs through their offenses.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I’m not a “MAGA” kind of person. But I hate that people get so triggered by a ***damn hat. Makes me really, really want to shop in a Whole Foods sporting a MAGA hat. I WANT to trigger these ****head snowflakes so that it can spur a cussfest lecture that they really need to hear. They need to get a ****ing real life instead of living theirs through their offenses.

QFT!

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    A MAGA hat for those of us who are self defense conscious 24/7 is a bad idea IMHO. Way too many loons out there with nothing to lose to be a target now days.

That said I'm thinking pretty serious about having one of those Trump 2020 hats for range wear. I'm not much of a camo hat guy unless I'm wanting to camouflage, but I like that one.

The next election is conversation that we should be having on the range. We cannot let the enemy win again...

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    And this is the hats fault? The person who wears it? The person who has all the restraint of a taunted bovine?

The left would say it is the fault of the hat wearer in all cases and there is at least one here that would agree.

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    I am not a "go along to get along" type of guy. It must be one of my many personality flaws.

If I get poked with a stick, I don't blame the stick. I have never owned a MAGA hat but this may be a good reason to get one.

It isn't that I wish to cause conflict but to deny other self satisfying people their intended goal of exerting control over me.

There is no appeasing the beast. To try by ridding ourselves of all red hats won't satisfy them, they will just be power drunk and eagerly look for the next target.

I am not trying to force my beliefs on them, it is the opposite. I don't want them to try and force their's on me. This was the concept which allowed so many different individuals to come together and make one country. Otherwise we might as well take the word "United" away from the word "States"...

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I am not a "go along to get along" type of guy. It must be one of my many personality flaws.

If I get poked with a stick, I don't blame the stick. I have never owned a MAGA hat but this may be a good reason to get one.

It isn't that I wish to cause conflict but to deny other self satisfying people their intended goal of exerting control over me.

There is no appeasing the beast. To try by ridding ourselves of all red hats won't satisfy them, they will just be power drunk and eagerly look for the next target.

I am not trying to force my beliefs on them, it is the opposite. I don't want them to try and force their's on me. This was the concept which allowed so many different individuals to come together and make one country. Otherwise we might as well take the word "United" away from the word "States"...

Honestly, it's too late. You're not going to be the one that suddenly repairs the image of the hat.

They redefined it, and now they're acting on that redefinition, however innocent the hat should be.

It's ingrained in the social stage, now. 'The hat means "this" because we say so, and now we're going to act like it means this.' They won that battle because that's what they're good at. That's not to say you wouldn't get a smile/approving nod at Kroger with the hat, but propaganda is a strong motivator for a lot of people.

It's really a tool that the "right" hasn't learned to utilize effectively. Only recently the "counter-culture Right" has entered the game, and they've done pretty well at shaming some left-leaning behaviors/fads before they grew. The traditional Right, though, is pretty detatched from technology and modern cultural issues.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    The traditional Right, though, is pretty detatched from technology and modern cultural issues.

You are correct. But it's because we're mainly occupied with working for a living and raising families, etc ... How is it possible that all these 'activists' don't have the same restraints? Are they super-human over-achievers? Or am I subsidizing their nefarious activities by working hard and paying a bunch of taxes, while they have time to protest on the streets? Something's not right here.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    You are correct. But it's because we're mainly occupied with working for a living and raising families, etc ... How is it possible that all these 'activists' don't have the same restraints? Are they super-human over-achievers? Or am I subsidizing their nefarious activities by working hard and paying a bunch of taxes, while they have time to protest on the streets? Something's not right here.

We have cushy computer jobs. Keyboard activism.

I can build 5 servers and organize a 2A march all before lunchtime. :)

tenor.gif

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom