• Status
    Not open for further replies.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    He should have known that was going to happen.
    Yeah they’ll never quit beating him over the head with it. Once branded, forever branded.

We’ll see what happens if this whole thing turns out to be a hoax perpetuated by unmitigated hatred.

Those kind of people are capable of doing their own kind of damage to a civil society at least as much or more so than what they are trying to ruin Kevin Hart with.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    My sense is that, if/when this unravels, the narrative will be that this is representative of the violence against LGBTQ people in the US (especially under Trump). Apologies to the earnest law enforcement, but that's a small price to pay for the performance art that is modern factional warfare.

josh64

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake, and the domestic enemies are making a gross mistake. All this protest foolishness is just that, and if you go to protests attended by domestic enemies you're playing their game, not to mention the game of the local law enforcement whose job is to incite violence targeting individuals to be arrested, and as you can see, the masked domestic enemies are not those to be arrested in many cases. Also, as we tear ourselves apart, don't think Russia and China will sit idly, they will side with and assist the domestic enemies as will our northern and southern continental neighbors.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    The latest local Chicago news is reporting that CPD says that there is now video footage of potential persons of interest.

Staying tuned for further developments one way or the other.....

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    The latest local Chicago news is reporting that CPD says that there is now video footage of potential persons of interest.

Staying tuned for further developments one way or the other.....

Yeah, NBC was saying he was found with "a thin rope around his neck" and when asked if he wanted them (the police) to stop recording, he said yes. "A thin rope" doesn't sound like a noose. Still think there is more to this. And the "friend" waited that long to take him to the hospital? Call me skeptical.

But if there is truly video evidence, then by all means try and go after the perpetrators, no question.

Last edited:

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I think it is also important that there were threats delivered to the Empire production offices, and it sounds like some of them might've been specific to this guy. That could change things.

It seems like he was pretty open on social media about where he was at any given time, as celebrities tend to do. With the option that this may have been targeted, that changes some things in my mind.

All the questions that came up were in the context of this being random, so things didn't really add up. If this was an intentional attack, they kinda make more sense.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Smollett’s manager, Brandon Moore, is giving interviews and saying he was on the phone with his client at the time of the alleged assault and he “clearly” heard the “MAGA country” line and a racial slur.

However, detectives are unable to "independently verify" the call occurred because Smollett refuses to turn over his phone.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I cannot imagine anyone would say Chicago is "MAGA country". If it happened at all, I can't help but suspect it was staged. Admittedly, I don't know anyone personally who I would suspect of saying such things, but to me the whole thing sounds like something someone who doesn't know the other side would concoct.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I cannot imagine anyone would say Chicago is "MAGA country". If it happened at all, I can't help but suspect it was staged. Admittedly, I don't know anyone personally who I would suspect of saying such things, but to me the whole thing sounds like something someone who doesn't know the other side would concoct.

TMZ is reporting, with a pic, that the Empire production in Chicago received a threat that included a MAGA reference. Dude was attacked in Chicago.

For me, that coincidence (if it is one) is enough to suggest that it wasn't random. And, if it wasn't random, then some of those questionable facts make sense.

The coverage remains alarmist (he drove himself to the hospital at least an hour after the attack, at the request of police - that's a different thing than being "hospitalized after an attack"). The thing about not letting cops see his phone is suspicious (although there may have been evidence of other questionable activity on it).

So, much is still unresolved.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Smollett’s manager, Brandon Moore, is giving interviews and saying he was on the phone with his client at the time of the alleged assault and he “clearly” heard the “MAGA country” line and a racial slur.

However, detectives are unable to "independently verify" the call occurred because Smollett refuses to turn over his phone.

Seems there also footage of him, after alleged attack, walking past security at condo and not saying a thing to the security officers. Just not adding up to me

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne

Can't fault him for that.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    TMZ is reporting, with a pic, that the Empire production in Chicago received a threat that included a MAGA reference. Dude was attacked in Chicago.

Yeah, no way that could have been set up for publicity purposes. Who would do that. You have to admit that Chicago is MAGA country, Trump got 51 precincts.
    Clinton won more than 83 percent of the city’s
    vote, just shy of Obama’s 2008 and 2012 results.
    Of Chicago’s 2,069 precincts, Trump won 51.

https://www.chicagomag.com/city-life/November-2016/Chicago-Election-Results-President/

Last edited:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I don't really get the MAGA connection, either. Has Trump said anything against gays, ever? I can't even recall him calling out Mexico for sending us their LGBTQRSTUVWXYZs. I know he is getting flack for the transgenders in the military decision, and he might have said it's OK for people to have a religious objection to their behavior (although I'm not aware of him having specifically said so, or at least not as coherently)

The alignment of the narrative seems to be with the whole "Trump is literally killing LGBTQs" hysteria that permeates the left, not with anything I would expect out of MAGA - or even alt-right actors wrapping themselves in the mantle of MAGA to cloud the issues (unless Smollett is also jewish)

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus

Breaking News: manager protects cash cow from ruining his cash cow status.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Bottom Line:

There is NO justification for ANYONE to physically attack this person or any other person because of their political views or sexual orientation.
    If the perpetrators are caught, they should be prosecuted and punished under the law.
    Is there ANY Trump supporter who disagrees with those statements?

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    TornJauntyAmoeba-size_restricted.gif

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Bottom Line:

There is NO justification for ANYONE to physically attack this person or any other person because of their political views or sexual orientation.
    If the perpetrators are caught, they should be prosecuted and punished under the law.

Agree 100% but if this turns out to be a complete fabrication or even stretching of the truth (ie saying assailants shouted MAGA country) then there should be repercussions for that as well.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Bottom Line:

And.. There is no justification for someone to falsify reports of violence, and "name" fictitious perps in hopes of causing more division.
    If caught in a lie, they should be prosecuted and punished under the law.
    Is there ANYONE who disagrees?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom