Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I don't even know what that is, so - no - that's not why I posted. :)

My understanding is that the Chicago PD reported (make of that what you will) that the victim has since stated (make of that what you will) that there were MAGA-related statements during the assault.

Sorry, thats a pretty big detail for him not to say up front.

So in other words, he took time to embellish the story a bit.

Why am I reminded of that old SNL bit Jon Lovits did? "Yeah... YEAH! Thats the ticket!"

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus

:coffee:

https://twitter.com/JussieSmollett/status/1087036824042856448

[FONT=&amp]
    Jussie SmollettVerified account @JussieSmollettFollowFollow
    @JussieSmollett​

[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]@AOC is only speaking facts. This is so far beyond political party affiliation. Across the world...no matter the border...from sea to shining sea...45 and all his white hooded cohorts are a national disgrace. And if you support them...so are you. Clowns.[/FONT]

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Also apparently the attack happened in area with lots of surveillance cameras but the only images they can find is of him in a Subway.
    Wait for more info but im leaning towards :bs:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    The title certainly is correct:
    Shifting Stories Cloud Claims of Alleged Hate Crime Attack Targeting 'Empire' Actor Jussie Smollett

Just setting this here:

So, he wore a noose for 40+ minutes after the attack? The smell is getting pretty thick. Waiting for this whole story to collapse.

THIS. I would overlook him forgetting to take it off for 10 minutes waiting for cops to show up. Adrenaline and all, possibly not realizing it was still there. But 40 minutes? Thats stupid.

And Breitbart says so far out of all the video they have reviewed, no sign of attackers. Just him.

https://www.breitbart.com/crime/201...footage-of-alleged-attack-on-jussie-smollett/

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Just as an aside, this is how you show that the discussion of a non issue is a waste of my time.

Not!

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Sorry for posting in the wrong thread. At least I didn't claim that climate change was causing political violence. :)

No no! TRUMP took us out of the Paris accords!
    His racist climate denier followers were pleased by this and celebrated by beating up some dude in chicago, which we all know is MAGA country.
    It works.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Sorry, thats a pretty big detail for him not to say up front.

In my mind, there's really only 2 scenarios:
    - He didn't say anything about MAGA references in the initial report, so that's why CPD didn't record anything about MAGA references. Then, he later said that there were MAGA references. That's on him.

- He said something about MAGA references to the initial investigating officers, and they just didn't put it in the report. This is difficult to believe, but possible. If so, that's on CPD, and they should have someone specifically clarify that.

MarkC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    - He didn't say anything about MAGA references in the initial report, so that's why CPD didn't record anything about MAGA references. Then, he later said that there were MAGA references. That's on him.

- He said something about MAGA references to the initial investigating officers, and they just didn't put it in the report. This is difficult to believe, but possible. If so, that's on CPD, and they should have someone specifically clarify that.

Based upon my training and experience (I know y'all like that one), it is more likely option #1. Cops are usually looking for motive. Of course, if the CPD guys/gals were Trump supporters, maybe they left it out. But that is, IMHO, less likely.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I would be less surprised by CPD making up a false use of MAGA reference than omitting a reported use of a MAGA reference.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

I guess it depends. I know you've probably read enough CPD (Indiana) reports, to know that there's a pretty brief vanilla report (press), and a real more in-depth one. I'm not saying that's the case here, just throwing out a possibility.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I guess it depends. I know you've probably read enough CPD (Indiana) reports, to know that there's a pretty brief vanilla report (press), and a real more in-depth one. I'm not saying that's the case here, just throwing out a possibility.

Yeah, but we don't have "hate crimes." That is, that's not a thing (yet), so there wouldn't be a reason to put that down - or even really a checkbox for it.

In Illinois, though, its a thing. There's a whole law about it. So, if it was mentioned, there'd be a good reason to include it.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    mBDJkXW.png

https://people.com/movies/kevin-har...e-smollett-to-stand-strong-homophobic-attack/

:coffee:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom