Not open for further replies.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    The VP wears many hats, most of them minor. He's an appropriate sit in for the event. He really has little else to do.

By your so-called logic, though, the murder of a police officer is beneath the notice of the office of the President... Are you saying Obama should send Biden to the funeral of every cop that gets killed?

I'd say it's beneath the notice of the office that one person gets killed by a cop somewhere in the country, but he sure seemed to find the time to get involved in those other three cases. Heck... he even said one of them would look like his son, if he'd had one.

But you're right. Biden has little else to do, not like Obama. Those golf balls aren't gonna hit themselves, after all.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    By your so-called logic, though, the murder of a police officer is beneath the notice of the office of the President... Are you saying Obama should send Biden to the funeral of every cop that gets killed?

I'd say it's beneath the notice of the office that one person gets killed by a cop somewhere in the country, but he sure seemed to find the time to get involved in those other three cases. Heck... he even said one of them would look like his son, if he'd had one.

But you're right. Biden has little else to do, not like Obama. Those golf balls aren't gonna hit themselves, after all.

The murder of these two did not go without notice from his office. He commented on it and decried it. And, no. The VP shouldn't be going to every cops funeral. He's going to this one because the WH DID take notice of it and comment on it. Sorry that bothers you for some reason. Didn't see other former presidents breaking off their vacations (and they did take them) for every pop up event.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN

I believe he also cut short his vacation when Ferguson started hitting the news

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    The murder of these two did not go without notice from his office. He commented on it and decried it. And, no. The VP shouldn't be going to every cops funeral. He's going to this one because the WH DID take notice of it and comment on it. Sorry that bothers you for some reason. Didn't see other former presidents breaking off their vacations (and they did take them) for every pop up event.

Actions speak far louder than words. Obama can take time out of whatever to talk about two, arguably three criminals (oh, excuse me, "alleged" criminals) who died after interactions with police, two cases of which the "alleged" criminals reportedly initiated. He can take the time to call out racism and wrongdoing wherever he sees it. But he sends Biden to handle it for him when it's the forces of law, order, and good that get killed. It's an insult.

In all honesty, though, if I meet my end on a call as a result of race-initiated violence, I'm telling my wife that if he says he's coming to the funeral, I want him barred from entry. It'd be a bigger insult to have that rectal orifice in attendance.

As for why it bothers me, it should bother all of us when the so-called leader of the free world, the head of the executive branch of government, finds smacking a ball with a stick more important than the lives of two representatives of that same branch. I don't begrudge him or anyone a vacation. Two, three, or four a year seems just a tad excessive to me, though, when the duties of the office don't just go on hold for whenever you get back to town. And yes, I know the numbers re: Bush's trips back to the ranch in Texas, which he had wired for secure conferencing, etc.... in other words, making it amenable to continuing the duties of office even when out of town. Don't misunderstand me.. I know Bush is no angel, and I'm not holding him up as a paragon of virtue. He did many things wrong, too. But even out of office, not a representative of anyone but himself, he's finding time to go honor these officers.

I believe he also cut short his vacation when Ferguson started hitting the news

Again.... why am I unsurprised?

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    269968_444580348912805_779623528_n.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom