Not open for further replies.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    The Reggia Marine had some of the best European battleships and great AA weapons in the Littorio class. They were respected by all Mediterranean powers. So much so that the Nazis used their Fritz X guided bombs to sink one and damage another while they were on their way to surrender at Malta. Their designs tended to sacrifice protection for speed, but were useful, balanced designs. Leadership was something else entirely.

They didn't, for various reasons, fulfill the mission for which they were designed and built. So, regardless of their attributes, they failed, miserably in some instances.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    They failed to fulfill their mission, cause their command gave them up, and the Brits sank them before they could be brought to bear.

semperfi211

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Near Lowell
    10869522_760376310714569_3557649710771863035_o.jpg

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Actually, he was very quick to issue a statement condemning the murders of the officers. He didn't do it at the podium because he is currently in Hawaii. The picture is highly inaccurate for anyone but low information people.

Funny... that's the same reason he won't be attending their funerals. Golfing in Hawaii. Blog: Golfing Obama sends Biden to slain officer's funeral

When you have a 747 at your personal disposal, any time you want, that you don't pay a plug nickel to use, I can't think of any excuse to crap on the memory of two officers who were murdered in cold blood.

But then, I guess Obama and I have different priorities. I'm a proud American citizen... He's only the guy occupying the office at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave.... when he can be bothered to be there.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Funny... that's the same reason he won't be attending their funerals. Golfing in Hawaii. Blog: Golfing Obama sends Biden to slain officer's funeral

When you have a 747 at your personal disposal, any time you want, that you don't pay a plug nickel to use, I can't think of any excuse to crap on the memory of two officers who were murdered in cold blood.

But then, I guess Obama and I have different priorities. I'm a proud American citizen... He's only the guy occupying the office at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave.... when he can be bothered to be there.

And they don't have any podiums in Hawaii

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County

Why should the president attend the funeral of anyone who's killed, other than a world leader? If he were to attend the funeral of every cop who died in this country he'd be on that plane a lot. I could see the governor of NY and the mayor attending, but the president? No, sorry. I don't see an obligation for him to attend that event.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Why should the president attend the funeral of anyone who's killed, other than a world leader? If he were to attend the funeral of every cop who died in this country he'd be on that plane a lot. I could see the governor of NY and the mayor attending, but the president? No, sorry. I don't see an obligation for him to attend that event.

Of course you don't. Color me unsurprised.

But if that's the case, then why send Biden?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom