• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Then why bother with seats in the stadium? I think not.

Perhaps for the rest of the ceremony? After all it's respectful and customary to stand for the national anthem, why do they have seats at all the football/basketball/baseball/soccer/etc stadiums?

No, but it is customary for heads of state, or their representatives, to stand for the last nation entering the stadium... i.e. the host nation.

Thank you much for the info.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    27750341_1827094390636042_738516367969252214_n.jpg

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Maybe peeps should consider following the examples he sets. He certainly was ahead of the curve in never wanting to be alone with a member of the opposite sex (given that some of us still believe there are only two) not his wife

Smart guy with good instincts. Pence 2024

OTOH, I have it on good authority that Pence really doesn't have to worry about being alone with members of the opposite sex.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    This ^^^^^^^^^^^

Stop playing kiss ass with the north koreans guys. It's ****ing sicking.

Sure, but didn't he commit a crime knowing it was a crime in the most restrictive country in the world? About as stupid as backpacking in the Hindu Kush. If it was Dennis Rodman that died, would you care?

I guess he could have been caught with drugs in Singapore. Death penalty.

Knight Rider

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    Michiana
    Maybe peeps should consider following the examples he sets. He certainly was ahead of the curve in never wanting to be alone with a member of the opposite sex (given that some of us still believe there are only two) not his wife

Smart guy with good instincts. Pence 2024
    This actually the “Billy Graham Rule”. Pence just made it cool again.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Sure, but didn't he commit a crime knowing it was a crime in the most restrictive country in the world? About as stupid as backpacking in the Hindu Kush. If it was Dennis Rodman that died, would you care?

sn2pmd.jpg

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus

He wouldn't be dead anywhere else in the world. How about the poor bastard that was machine gunned trying to run across the border?

Slapstick

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    Yeah, I knew that. But apparently you don't know that there was no difference made between the North and South Korean teams. They entered the Olympic stadium as a "unified Korean team" under the same banner (a white flag with a blue Korea)."Korea" is the host of the games, and the traditionally the host nation is last nation to walk bringing an end to the Parade of Nations.

I stand corrected, I did not realize they walked in as a unified team. It did put Pence in an awkward situation, stand and be used in North Korean propaganda or sit and show a bit of disrespect for South Korea. I think he made the right choice.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    I've traveled to a number of different countries. Countries I avoided (as a civilian) included those engaged in active, open warfare, extremely high violent crime rates, high incidence of infectious disease and countries with repressive regimes. But, that's just me. I have no sympathy for morons, irrespective of country of birth.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I've traveled to a number of different countries. Countries I avoided (as a civilian) included those engaged in active, open warfare, extremely high violent crime rates, high incidence of infectious disease and countries with repressive regimes. But, that's just me. I have no sympathy for morons, irrespective of country of birth.

This is north korea.....

[video=youtube;xq3CXm9zCy0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xq3CXm9zCy0[/video]

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area

ps. that also includes staying out of Chicago. :)

Slapstick

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010

So torturing a person to death is okay? Glad you cleared that up I would have never have known it was okay. I guess I'm not quite as enlightened as some.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom