Not open for further replies.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    27657571_10156107992793210_7553278081038316764_n.jpg

Sigh. Remember when a coin toss was a simple exercise in mathematical chance, before we discovered Quantum Racism and found out Schrödinger's cat was black

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    There's a legitimate complaint there. In our house (the collective America) like any family, we can be rude or talk about each other. If someone else invites you into their house (Korea), it's IMO pretty rude snub them in their own home (the collective Korean team). If he wanted to be an ass, he could have just stayed home.

it’s my understanding he only stood for the US team. To me that sounds like he treated everyone else the same. How does that make him an ass?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Maybe peeps should consider following the examples he sets. He certainly was ahead of the curve in never wanting to be alone with a member of the opposite sex (given that some of us still believe there are only two) not his wife

Smart guy with good instincts. Pence 2024

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Maybe peeps should consider following the examples he sets. He certainly was ahead of the curve in never wanting to be alone with a member of the opposite sex (given that some of us still believe there are only two) not his wife...

I was discussing this with a colleague the other day. The left was making fun of him and calling him all kinds of things...but guess who never has to worry about real or imagined #metoo allegations.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I was discussing this with a colleague the other day. The left was making fun of him and calling him all kinds of things...but guess who never has to worry about real or imagined #metoo allegations.

I also find it deliciously apropos that the new wariness of men with power around women in all situations is actually hurting women's career prospects. Men actually feel safer ensconced within the good old boy network and will likely move to expand its reach (might not work out too well for non-closeted gays, either)

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    It would be hard to attribute something so obvious as that to sexism rather than a change in commodity pricing but I'm sure they would try. It might be a good test of the true value that sexual diversity brings to the corporate workplace (if employment of women of child-bearing age drops under those circumstances, then their intrinsic value < 12 weeks pay at their pay rate)

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    it’s my understanding he only stood for the US team. To me that sounds like he treated everyone else the same. How does that make him an ass?

Because it's customary and respectful to stand when another nations anthem is playing?

He's Pence.

You see, we choose up sides and our guys are always right. The other guys are always wrong.

I like and respect Pence, I think he was in the wrong here.

Did The Democrats stand up and cheer when Trump mentioned North Korea in the state of the union? Trying to see where the respect lies

You want to set your compass on what the Dems do?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    You do know the games are hosted in South Korea not North ? Don't quite see how he is disrespecting South Korea by not standing for North Korea.

Yeah, I knew that. But apparently you don't know that there was no difference made between the North and South Korean teams. They entered the Olympic stadium as a "unified Korean team" under the same banner (a white flag with a blue Korea)."Korea" is the host of the games, and the traditionally the host nation is last nation to walk bringing an end to the Parade of Nations.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom