• ...and so much more!
  • j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    As others have stated there is not enough footage to draw any type of determination on what happened. As far as the interviewed female, her opinion is just that. Funny thing is how some of the same people that advocate shooting people for the dumbest reasons are the first to start clucking like a hen on here about anything police.

We don't know what happened because we was not there. Now that is complicated huh?

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    At 33 seconds of the video clip you could see from the new channels monitor the video was much longer? Or cutt and fitted to make better news? This is the guestapo at it again!

Yep, 6:00 worth of video.

I'm pretty shocked this chick hasn't tried to extend her 15 minutes of fame via youtube video.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    As others have stated there is not enough footage to draw any type of determination on what happened. As far as the interviewed female, her opinion is just that. Funny thing is how some of the same people that advocate shooting people for the dumbest reasons are the first to start clucking like a hen on here about anything police.

We don't know what happened because we was not there. Now that is complicated huh?

There is CLEARLY not enough footage to draw any type of conclusion on what exactly happened, but we do have SOME footage...Is what you saw in the video(at the bottom of the stairs) SOP for your department?

The guy was limp and cuffed and they dragged his face across the concrete by the handcuffs.

They either needed a stretcher or a cop under each of his arms to get him where he needs to be.

Chase515

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    Oxford, In
    I am not ready to bash the police completely:): But there was clearly more footage than shown by the news. I have stepped up and tried to help a drunk before and its no easy task! There is no way I would grab a drunk by the neck or drag one down the stairs. If the guy fell on the stairs that is one thing. But with all of those guys standing around they could have picked him up. Dragging a guy by the cuffs who in the video was not moving is totally wrong. I cant wait for the whole video to come out. Lets hope the parts that were not shown had the suspect kicking and fighting. Otherwise somebody needs to hit the reset button on the cops.

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    I am not ready to bash the police completely:): But there was clearly more footage than shown by the news. I have stepped up and tried to help a drunk before and its no easy task! There is no way I would grab a drunk by the neck or drag one down the stairs. If the guy fell on the stairs that is one thing. But with all of those guys standing around they could have picked him up. Dragging a guy by the cuffs who in the video was not moving is totally wrong. I cant wait for the whole video to come out. Lets hope the parts that were not shown had the suspect kicking and fighting. Otherwise somebody needs to hit the reset button on the cops.

That still doesn't justify their actions...WOW!

MinuteMan47

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    IN
    We wouldn't be here arguing police brutality if the little rookie learned to handle his wine coolers a little bit better. If you want to wear big boy pants learn to handle your alcohol.

If it was such a big deal, then the big brother should have picked his little brother's scrawny ass up, thrown him over his shoulder, and personally drove him to the hospital. Instead he has to call the PoPo to save the day.:rolleyes:

Also, depending on how many Mike's Hard Lemonades this kid pounded he might have been OK just going to his bedroom, snuggling up with his BUZZ Lightyear blanket, and sleeping it off. I point the finger at big brother here, grow some balls and take some responsibility.

I can hear the little bro now, whining like a little girl..."I'm never drinking again" :crying:

IMO there was no reason for IMPD to cuff the kid and drag him by his arms. Just because the kid was drunk it doesn't justify the actions of the officers. I would hope they would act in a more professional manner.

[STRIKE]...and maybe it's not right that I (we) are assuming the kid was drunk, maybe it was something else.

Can anyone confirm that the kid was actually drunk?[/STRIKE] Yep. He was.

Last edited:

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    We wouldn't be here arguing police brutality if the little rookie learned to handle his wine coolers a little bit better. If you want to wear big boy pants learn to handle your alcohol.

If it was such a big deal, then the big brother should have picked his little brother's scrawny ass up, thrown him over his shoulder, and personally drove him to the hospital. Instead he has to call the PoPo to save the day.:rolleyes:

Also, depending on how many Mike's Hard Lemonades this kid pounded he might have been OK just going to his bedroom, snuggling up with his BUZZ Lightyear blanket, and sleeping it off. I point the finger at big brother here, grow some balls and take some responsibility.

I can hear the little bro now, whining like a little girl..."I'm never drinking again" :crying:

IMO there was no reason for IMPD to cuff the kid and drag him by his arms. Just because the kid was drunk (allegedly) it doesn't justify the actions of the officers. I would hope they would act in a more professional manner.

...and maybe it's not right that I (we) are assuming the kid was drunk, maybe it was something else. Can anyone confirm that the kid was actually drunk?

I suspect that when he called 911 he expected an ambulance, not the JBT popo.

Maxsec

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2010
    Lots of "passed out cold" people could come alive at interesting times.

E.g. we in the gun culture are aware that Maddox was shot in the head "dead" when he popped back up much to the FBI's surprise. I have read about plenty of people who are "passed out" cold over a steering wheel or on a sidewalk only to become quite aggressive when awakened by Officer Friendly.

It happens. Not saying what happened here, but I want to hear from IMPD.

So you are saying that the police should abuse this person on the chance that he might wake up? What the hell kind of cop/person are you? They are suppose to serve and protect, not to harrass and injure.

Maxsec

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2010
    ok, so where are any of the other people seen in the video? :dunno: I'm not saying what the cops did is right. I wasn't there, I don't know the situation, I don't know what the hell happened.

For someone who doesn't know what happened, you sure are spending a lot of time and effort defending the pigs in the video.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I didnt see him dropped on his face, but to be dragging someone by their arms like that could do some damage to some shoulder muscles.

You're right.
    To cuff somebody's arms behind their back, then lift them by their wrists CAN cause permanent damage to their shoulders, especially if they're unconscious.

I'm not for coddling somebody who gets drunk and passes out in a public place.

BUT passed out people should be taken off the street in a way that avoids handling them in a way that injures them.
    This kid was so out of it, and with his hands cuffed behind his back, could be EASILY restrained by the multiple officers handling him from hurting the officers or himself without injuring him.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    There is CLEARLY not enough footage to draw any type of conclusion on what exactly happened, but we do have SOME footage...Is what you saw in the video(at the bottom of the stairs) SOP for your department?

The guy was limp and cuffed and they dragged his face across the concrete by the handcuffs.

They either needed a stretcher or a cop under each of his arms to get him where he needs to be.

It is safe to assume a few things. The guy was under arrest and was going to jail. You DO NOT call EMS to transport drunken people. I think it would also be safe to assume the the prisoner resisted. A limp person is very hard to handle. Many arrested drunks like to go limp at the most opportune times. Funny how the video ONLY showed the potential bad things to support their story. Let it play out and see what happens.

brwnfldl

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    You DO NOT call EMS to transport drunken people.

If someone is unconscious from alcohol poisoning, I'm not supposed to dial 911? Who are you recommending to call?

Some are missing the point. The unknown events prior to the video do not defend the officer's actions. No one should ever be dragged down a flight of stairs by a public servant.

"I WILL PRESERVE THE DIGNITY AND WILL RESPECT THE RIGHTS OF ALL INDIVIDUALS"

"I WILL ACT WITH HONESTY, COURTESY AND REGARD FOR THE WELFARE OF OTHERS, AND WILL ENDEAVOUR TO DEVELOP THE ESPRIT DE CORPS"

So much for that ethical oath.

exelh

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    Nashville
    Can't believe people are actually defending these cops on here. Not all cops are bad, however the good ones need to start calling out the bads ones, they refuse to, so they get all lumped together. Look at the Bissard case, didn't the FOP vote to defend him? They certainly had his back at the scene.

This is just typical of the lack of respect a lot of cops show to the citizens who pay thier salaries. And they don't understand why people don't trust them.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    This is just typical of the lack of respect a lot of cops show to the citizens who pay thier salaries. And they don't understand why people don't trust them.

Here we go again. :rolleyes: I respect the people who pay my salary, but that respect stops when they start making blanket bull**** statements on the internet.

exelh

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    Nashville
    Here we go again. :rolleyes: I respect the people who pay my salary, but that respect stops when they start making blanket bull**** statements on the internet.

Then start cleaning up your house. As I said, as long as cops cover for each other, none of them get any respect from me.

I read some of your other post. You are exactly what I am talking about, nothing but defending any actions of another cop.

Top Bottom