• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • finity

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Auburn
    We don't know what wasn't on the tape. I want to hear IMPD's side of the story.

Looks bad, but lots of legit arrests/police interactions can look bad to someone on the outside. Wait and see.

I guess it's not completely outside the realm of possibilty that a guy that was drunk & passed out cold COULD have somehow managed to come to & tried to fight 4 cops before they managed to get him into handcuffs.

Maybe, but doubtful.

Even allowing for that far-fetched possibility, once he was subdued & in cuffs all that changes. Once he was in cuffs & obviously passed out again them dragging him down the stairs & drpping him on his face was completely uncalled for &, barring any outlandish claim of "officer safety", then that was abuse. Pure & simple.

finity

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Auburn
    LOL, what else could you possibly need to see? He was passed out and in cuffs.

I know. :rolleyes:

We always ask people to show evidence "or it didn't happen" then as soon as someone DOES post evidence it's called into question.

How can someone doubt VIDEO evidence backed by eyewitness accounts? Many people have been convicted of very serious crimes (punishment wise) by much less solid evidence than that.

I really wonder wht kind of evidence would be enough for some people. A signed affidavit from Jesus Christ (or Mohammed, Buddha, Krishna, Abraham or whoever else you hold in holy regard)? Nah, probably not even then.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Lots of "passed out cold" people could come alive at interesting times.

E.g. we in the gun culture are aware that Maddox was shot in the head "dead" when he popped back up much to the FBI's surprise. I have read about plenty of people who are "passed out" cold over a steering wheel or on a sidewalk only to become quite aggressive when awakened by Officer Friendly.

It happens. Not saying what happened here, but I want to hear from IMPD.

finity

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Auburn
    It happens.

I agree that it's a possibility but that still doesn't justify their actions AFTER he was subdued & in cuffs.

I would be highly, but pleasantly, surprised if IMPD came clean & punished those that needed it. Maybe the video (along with that affidavit I mentioned :rolleyes:) will force their hand so they can save face.

ljadayton

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    SW Indy
    LOL, what else could you possibly need to see? He was passed out and in cuffs.

I'm not passing judgment on anyone based on seeing a video. Cause we all know videos can't be faked (insert sarcasm please) if it went down the way it appears in this video, I'm all for the cops being held accountable but I refuse to jump on the cop bashing bandwagon.

BIGE7.62

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 98.5%
    66   1   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    The Hills of Brown
    I was a bouncer for several years .Drunk's are a pain in the a#$ and you never know what they will do ,but there drunk .You already have the upper hand ! Dragging the kid by the cuffs is total BS .
    Someone should be fired !!

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    I'm not passing judgment on anyone based on seeing a video. Cause we all know videos can't be faked (insert sarcasm please) if it went down the way it appears in this video, I'm all for the cops being held accountable but I refuse to jump on the cop bashing bandwagon.

Faked? LMAO.

Do you think CG was involved in the video?

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Benny, does not have to be CG. The news could show some of it and not other parts. It could be spliced. Many other possibilities.

Let's hear from IMPD and then we'll draw conclusions.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Benny, does not have to be CG. The news could show some of it and not other parts. It could be spliced. Many other possibilities.

As Finity has pointed out several times already, it does not matter what he was doing before the video started. He was drug down the stairs and onto the concrete by his face.

I'd venture to guess that isn't IMPD SOP.

JSeroka

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Now I agree we don't know what happened to lead up to the beginning of the video. But the one thing I can say for certain is that being dragged by the stairs and out onto the sidewalk by handcuffs is abuse pure and simple. If he's retrained get a stretcher, I'm sorry paramedics, but thats kinda your job to get people in/out that are injured and or incapacitated. Now people my say..well he's drunk he might come out of it and attack the paramedics. My response to such argument is, you can be restrained in a stretched, ever seen people handcuffed to them ;-)

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    i think its more like ... they didnt want to take a chance of getting puked on or breaking a sweat so he paid the price. they should have used a stretcher.

I wouldn't blame them one bit for not wanting to get puked on as I sure as hell wouldn't like it, but what they did was NOT cool. If they were worried, a stretcher was only a phone call away.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    As Finity has pointed out several times already, it does not matter what he was doing before the video started. He was drug down the stairs and onto the concrete by his face.

I'd venture to guess that isn't IMPD SOP.
    We don't know. It could very well be IMPD SOP.

finity

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Auburn
    As Finity has pointed out several times already...

That's OK. He probably didn't notice that I said anything.

I know how to get his attention...

Milla-Jovovich_1.png

That should work.

:D

serpicostraight

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009

the same impd that handled the bissard case? these clowns will probably get a promotion.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    It's not bashing if you're talking about the actions of specific people & not lumping them all together...

Exactly. This shouldn't be that hard to understand.

We don't know. It could very well be IMPD SOP.

OK, I admit, I chuckled.

I thought I saw Jabba the Hut in the background.

That could have been an officer that needs to lay off of the carbs, but I might be mistaken.

:):

Top Bottom