Police Kill Man In Drug Raid Gone Wrong (VIDEO)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hickuleas

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Oct 5, 2009
    deep in the woods
    People will get fed up soon enough then the ones who do this type of killing will not be able to hide. The people involved in shootings like this are taught they can act this way. Go to court against a LEO or Fireman and you will quickly see how the judges are one sided against you. Time will change peoples reaction to legal murders.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Brainardland
    I've have just sent the following e-mail to the reporter at the Salt Lake City Tribune who reported this story:

Ms. Alberty,

My name is Harry Thomas, and I'm a retired police lieutenant from the PD of Cincinnati, Ohio. I now make my home in Carmel, Indiana.

I followed a link on a gun owner's site to your story about the man killed in the drug raid and reviewed the video.

As a retired law enforcement command officer I believe this is one of the most clear-cut examples of premeditated murder that I've ever seen. It is also an example of how the war on drugs and the tactics being used by law enforcement in pursuing that war have gotten beyond merely being out of hand to being outrageous.

I would like to offer my services as an expert law enforcement witness, free of charge, to any of this man's survivors who wish pursue legal action against the badge-wearing thugs who murdered this man.

Would it be possible for you to put me in communication with the appropriate people to make this offer?

Many Thanks,

Lieutenant Harry Thomas

Kick

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Illinois
    Really. This. Again?
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Original comment. Thought it was a dupe thread.

After reading the story and watching the video, yes it does seem like the Sgt. did shoot rather quickly. However, the man was holding a weapon. When you hear several officers yelling "Police Search Warrant" it is probably not the greatest idea in the world to pick up the nearest weapon.

I do not know what I would do if I was in the officer's situation. However, I do know that if I was in the residents situation, I would not have grabbed a weapon.

With all of that said, may the deceased rest in peace.

Last edited:

Kick

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Illinois
    No kidding. I wish bad police officers would stop killing people too. :yesway:

Eh, without getting too much into it especially because, I know that this is going to be an unpopular opinion..... From what I saw on the video, the shoot was "justified".

With that said, just because you would be "justified" in doing something, it does not mean that it is what should be done. Especially if the action in which you are "justified" in doing could end in the loss of life.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Sad, but I really think charging towards someone armed with a gun (Shouting Police search warrant) when you have a golf club is a bad idea.

Home invaders use the same techniques to put their victims in a state of confusion. Anybody can yell "police" as they prepare to rape and kill occupants of a home. These words mean exactly nothing when you don't relax, present your warrant, and present your LEO credentials.

This is not freedom, this is not liberty,

:+1:

Original comment. Thought it was a dupe thread.

Same news, different day.

grizman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    Home
    you dont wanna get into CQB with me buddy. been there done that in real life. dont interject "what ifs" in this. it was a golf club and not a knife. so obviously the guy wasnt premeditated on killing some cops. he thought someone was breaking into his house and grabbed the first thing he found.

I'll bust down a door with you anytime! HOOAH!!!!!

Compatriot G

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2010
    New Castle
    I have a good friend who has a brother that is, unfortunately, a violent criminal. One time, his brother barged into a house with a partner and severely beat the owner of the house and robbed him. If I remember right, there were drugs involved and the owner of the house owed him for drugs he had bought. Anyway, my friends brother and his partner both were wearing shirts that had "POLICE" printed on them and they were wearing generic badges. They shouted, "POLICE!!!" and "SEARCH WARRANT!!!" to get the home owner to open his door.

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    Eh, without getting too much into it especially because, I know that this is going to be an unpopular opinion..... From what I saw on the video, the shoot was "justified".

With that said, just because you would be "justified" in doing something, it does not mean that it is what should be done. Especially if the action in which you are "justified" in doing could end in the loss of life.

That's an interesting opinion. Do you mind going into it a little deeper and explain why you think it was a justified shot?

All I saw on the video was the police outside for a moment, then multiple men loudly proclaiming something through a closed front door, then a few seconds pass and the home owner is lying dead on his floor. He didn't charge at the police from what I saw or make any threatening gestures with whatever was in his hand. All I'm saying is that this is a terrible way for police to conduct their business. First of all, they won't be able to suck any more money from him for a seatbelt violation and secondly, they flat-out killed another American for no apparent reason, other than he was in the sights.

I have a gun on my hip most of the time when I'm home. I don't want the police to think it is ever OK to just start blowing people away for no reason what so ever, and then ask questions or tell me to "Get down!" after the fact that I've already been flash banged, set on fire, had my head slammed against my wall, and then shot three times because they had the wrong house and I happened to be armed with something in my own home.

I'm still curious though, as to how you came to the conclusion that this was a justified kill. Maybe I'm missing some key parts to this story.

Bond 281

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Broomfield, CO
    I'm still curious though, as to how you came to the conclusion that this was a justified kill. Maybe I'm missing some key parts to this story.

Well clearly an officer HAS to shoot a person immediately if he sees a person in a home with something he thinks might possibly be sort of construed as a weapon.

The militarization of police and the tactics they use will I think ultimately force people to a breaking point.

Top Bottom