Police Kill Man In Drug Raid Gone Wrong (VIDEO)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Marc

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    District 6
    He did stop, I agree, my mistake. However, please tell me what you do when you are in a batters stance? Could it be reasonable to assume that he is in a postion preparing to hit something?

yea he is in a stance to hit something but a non lethal can reach well beyond the distance of what was in his hands

03mustgt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    if i see a girl standing in a bar across the dance floor and whip my "piece" out, do i have any chance of hitting her in the forehead with it? probly not :):

so what makes you think that a golf club half the length will reach across a house no matter what "stance" the guy is taking? this was murder!

Do you think he could have cleared that X amount of feet and struck the point officer before the officer could have stopped him?

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    I disagree. Liberty what would you have done had you been on point?

im not liberty, but I would have STOPPED (since i clearly saw the man and probly had enough intell to safely know he wasnt part of a terrorist cell) yelled and said, POLICE, put the weapon down, we have a search warrant. then if he didnt comply, taze his ass. or if he runs at you, then shoot him, fine.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    if i see a girl standing in a bar across the dance floor and whip my "piece" out, do i have any chance of hitting her in the forehead with it? probly not :):

so what makes you think that a golf club half the length will reach across a house no matter what "stance" the guy is taking? this was murder!

I-SEE-WHAT-YOU-DID-THERE.jpg

misconfig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2009
    Avon
    Yes, but the officers made it home that night.

I'm appalled by this, you think police are above the rest of us human scum don't you?

Someone kicked his door in, the guy wasn't even within striking distance, gets shot and the police continue to raid his personal property for a substance the government deems "illegal".

This is not freedom, this is not liberty, eff these police.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    Do you think he could have cleared that X amount of feet and struck the point officer before the officer could have stopped him?

you dont wanna get into CQB with me buddy. been there done that in real life. dont interject "what ifs" in this. it was a golf club and not a knife. so obviously the guy wasnt premeditated on killing some cops. he thought someone was breaking into his house and grabbed the first thing he found.

03mustgt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    yea he is in a stance to hit something but a non lethal can reach well beyond the distance of what was in his hands

Very true, so you are saying the point officer should have holstered his firearm, drawn a tazer, and then fired it at the individual.

or are you saying he should have holstered his firearm and sprayed the individual?

or are you saying there should have been a non lethal on point?

or are you saying that a person carrying non lethal should have been brought up from the rear to engage the person?

Oh btw you have 1 sec to make that decision.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Jeffersonville

No. More than unlikely - unrealistic.

Do you think you can clear that distance and hit one of three men with a club, before they can gun you down?

Multiple cops, guns already drawn....

Most of them yelling "drop the weapon" and "get on the ground"

ONE of them, using bad judgement, decided to fire.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    I'm appalled by this, you think police are above the rest of us human scum don't you?

Someone kicked his door in, the guy wasn't even within striking distance, gets shot and the police continue to raid his personal property for a substance the government deems "illegal".

he was being sarcastic

Marc

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    District 6
    Very true, so you are saying the point officer should have holstered his firearm, drawn a tazer, and then fired it at the individual.

or are you saying he should have holstered his firearm and sprayed the individual?

or are you saying there should have been a non lethal on point?

or are you saying that a person carrying non lethal should have been brought up from the rear to engage the person?

Oh btw you have 1 sec to make that decision.

on point while yelling commands not "search warrent"

03mustgt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    you dont wanna get into CQB with me buddy. been there done that in real life. dont interject "what ifs" in this. it was a golf club and not a knife. so obviously the guy wasnt premeditated on killing some cops. he thought someone was breaking into his house and grabbed the first thing he found.

E5, feels good to be an internet tough guy doesnt it? I am just trying to state this officer had less than a second to make a tough decision based on the information he had. That is all. Calling him a premeditated murderer is obviously a farce as the prosecutor of that jurisdiction agrees with me.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Holy hell, my comments were directed towards the member who wished drug addicts would shoot at police. You then quoted me and grumbled about the ANTI LEO comment. Thus I stated, maybe not so clearly, Would you, Benny, think wishing drug users to shoot at police to be considered good training since you obviously thought it was not anti leo

You said Lachicon's(sp?) comments were very anti-LEO and I just pointed out that that video was just as much if not MORE anti-Non LEO than his comments.

I said nothing about his comments NOT being anti-LEO.

But to answer your question...I have a bad taste in my mouth from that video, but no, I don't wish people would start shooting back when they don't have to. In that video, I'd be lying to you if I said I didn't wish that that guy had a gun and a clear shot on the murderer.

03mustgt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    No. More than unlikely - unrealistic.

Do you think you can clear that distance and hit one of three men with a club, before they can gun you down?

Multiple cops, guns already drawn....

Most of them yelling "drop the weapon" and "get on the ground"

ONE of them, using bad judgement, decided to fire.

I know I can.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Valparaiso
    So he was in a batter's stance...he had a golf club and didn't yell FORE.

The gang came busting in with helmets and vests and all their gear on. I think they could have waited for him to put down his club.

03mustgt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    you keep ignoring the fact that if they would have STOPPED advancing they would have had more time to assess the situation. it doesnt have to be text book 100% of the time. experienced people know this. you can, allow people to remain alive sometimes :rolleyes:

If you have ever done CQB then you know that you want to clear a house as quickly as possible. You do not want to stand in the living room for minutes trying to talk someone down.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    E5, feels good to be an internet tough guy doesnt it? I am just trying to state this officer had less than a second to make a tough decision based on the information he had. That is all. Calling him a premeditated murderer is obviously a farce as the prosecutor of that jurisdiction agrees with me.

yeah the prosecutor who gets paid by the same system that pays the cops, and probly knows all of them personally. i really trust what he has to say :xmad:

im not being a internet tough guy. it just happens to be the internet where im schooling you at.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake

LOL, he was totally being facetious.

So E5 incorporating real life experience into his argument is considered being an internet tough guy?

Top Bottom