Police Kill Man In Drug Raid Gone Wrong (VIDEO)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jayhawk

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 16, 2009
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Benny, please read what I bolded on the post above where you quoted me. Wishing drug users would shoot at police is very Anti LEO IMO. What do you take it as, good training for police? Wtf? I am not saying I agree with what happened in the video, but honestly I dont know that I would have done much different.

Someone please tell me what response they would have taken since everyone is so critical of this officer? Please, do not say that I would not have used a no knock warrant to start, stick with the situation given.

Well, for one...since they didn't know who was in the home, maybe he could have been a little more careful or verified what he was shooting at before pulling the trigger. It was as if they entered the home on the assumption that anyone in the home was going to be aggressive towards them. However, the information that they had at the time of the raid did not justify that stance.

At the least, it was a failure on multiple levels.

Marc

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    District 6
    explain to me how he is charging the police in this video when he is an batters stance???

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WV6Bq8xeQrU[/ame]

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Benny, please read what I bolded on the post above where you quoted me. Wishing drug users would shoot at police is very Anti LEO IMO. What do you take it as, good training for police? Wtf? I am not saying I agree with what happened in the video, but honestly I dont know that I would have done much different.

Someone please tell me what response they would have taken since everyone is so critical of this officer? Please, do not say that I would not have used a no knock warrant to start, stick with the situation given.

That video was very anti-Non LEO.

That was horrible training; he was standing in the ****ing doorway with a golf club and everyone was armed and wearing helmets.

I don't think it's wise for citizens to "start shooting back" and wouldn't "wish" it, but I'd be OK with that guy being alive and the shooter dead.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Jeffersonville

Investigate the situation more. Since they wanted to breach when Blair was not home, come back at a different time...

Put more footwork into establishing that a no-knock warrant is necessary, and not just because someone buys a minor amount of drugs (the difference between a drug dealer, and a petty crack-riddled user).

Upon entry, like one officer was doing, issue commands and give the resident time to comply...

The judge that issued this warrant is likely also to blame, but since I do not have access to what information he was given, that is a harder call to judge. I do assume the evidence collected pre-warrant must have been minor... because they found petty trash drugs.

Last edited:

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    Should the police officer on lead allow the man to bash his head in with a golf club, because the man was confused? I am in no way advocating the use of no knock warrants on a regular basis, however I do I think they have their place. I think the requirements for no knock warrants should have to meet certain factors before one can be issued, but this is a legislative issue not an LEO issue. I heard Police searchwarrant very loud and clear twice while kicking in the door, not to mention the numerous others yelling searchwarrant.

how about not rushing towards a guy who is STANDING STILL, with a golf club in his own home, being blinded by your lights, and in a sleep daze?
    these cops were wrong in this case. and are murderers as far as im concerned. if my wife saw ANYONE shoot me like that, i promise you she would shoot them no matter who they were.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    It took five seconds from the first shout of "Police Search Warrant!" until the first shot.

The first two seconds they were yelling outside the door. The door opens, they yell "Search Warrant" and two seconds later they shoot.

The guy looks like he was coming from another room. It's likely he didn't hear what they were yelling outside.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Jeffersonville
    This makes me wonder, if I run into your home while it is dark, with a tac light on my gun pointing it at you, yelling "Police, search warrant"...

You should do what?

Lay on the ground, and put your hands on your head?

You definitely better not be armed, even with a golf club, because for all you know I might be the police.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    It took five seconds from the first shout of "Police Search Warrant!" until the first shot.

The first two seconds they were yelling outside the door. The door opens, they yell "Search Warrant" and two seconds later they shoot.

The guy looks like he was coming from another room. It's likely he didn't hear what they were yelling outside.
    yep, and search warrant isnt the same as POLICE. and anyone can shout police after they kick in my door. someone better be showing some ID fast.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    This makes me wonder, if I run into your home while it is dark, with a tac light on my gun pointing it at you, yelling "Police, search warrant"...

You should do what?

Lay on the ground, and put your hands on your head?

You definitely better not be armed, even with a golf club, because for all you know I might be the police.

well since I know im not a criminal, I think i would shoot first and ask questions later, because if someones kicking in my door saying that they probly are criminals posing as police. maybe i would die? its possible, but at least i did everything i could to protect my family. plus what if they mistake my morning wood for a golf club? im gonna get shot anyways. might as well take some with me.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Brainardland
    As a retired LEO I believe that what I saw in that video was a clearly defined case of premeditated murder.

Something tells me that jurors in a lawsuit will see the same thing.

03mustgt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    That video was very anti-Non LEO.

That was horrible training; he was standing in the ****ing doorway with a golf club and everyone was armed and wearing helmets.

I don't think it's wise for citizens to "start shooting back" and wouldn't "wish" it, but I'd be OK with that guy being alive and the shooter dead.

Please read this thread, the post you quoted from me about being ANTI LEO was directed at a member who stated he wished that drug users would start shooting at police. MY COMMENTS from that post are directed towards that members comments. My comments made to you address that members comments also, NOT the video. My training comment was directed at the member who wished that drug users would shoot at police, NOT the video.

Thanks

03mustgt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    explain to me how he is charging the police in this video when he is an batters stance???

He did stop, I agree, my mistake. However, please tell me what you do when you are in a batters stance? Could it be reasonable to assume that he is in a postion preparing to hit something?

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Please read this thread, the post you quoted from me about being ANTI LEO was directed at a member who stated he wished that drug users would start shooting at police. MY COMMENTS from that post are directed towards that members comments. My comments made to you address that members comments also, NOT the video.

Thanks

I read the thread and knew exactly what you were talking about. In this situation, it's too bad that he didn't have a firearm to defend himself from those murderers.

My training comment was directed at the member who wished that drug users would shoot at police, NOT the video.

If that is the case, I'm not sure what you were trying to say...

What do you take it as, good training for police? Wtf?

What does this mean?

03mustgt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    As a retired LEO I believe that what I saw in that video was a clearly defined case of premeditated murder.

I disagree. Liberty what would you have done had you been on point?

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    He did stop, I agree, my mistake. However, please tell me what you do when you are in a batters stance? Could it be reasonable to assume that he is in a postion preparing to hit something?

if i see a girl standing in a bar across the dance floor and whip my "piece" out, do i have any chance of hitting her in the forehead with it? probly not :):

so what makes you think that a golf club half the length will reach across a house no matter what "stance" the guy is taking? this was murder!

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake

Thanks for your take on the situation, Liberty...It's too bad every cop out there can't be as professional as you and most of the LEO INGO members are.

Jurors in the civil case might see the same thing, but it's unfortunate that jurors in a CRIMINAL case won't have a chance.

03mustgt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    I read the thread and knew exactly what you were talking about. In this situation, it's too bad that he didn't have a firearm to defend himself from those murderers.

If that is the case, I'm not sure what you were trying to say...

What does this mean?

Holy hell, my comments were directed towards the member who wished drug addicts would shoot at police. You then quoted me and grumbled about the ANTI LEO comment. Thus I stated, maybe not so clearly, Would you, Benny, think wishing drug users to shoot at police to be considered good training since you obviously thought it was not anti leo

Top Bottom