• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Taylorz71

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    Central IN
    I visited this shop yesterday and was not impressed. I stood at the glass for nearly 20 minutes waiting on the guy with the glasses to come talk to me... asked him a question, which he proceeded to walk towards the older guy with glasses. He then proceeded to yell all the way down the shop (I was near the AR15 section, he was near the other) at me in a hateful tone "NO!, We don't have those".I was already frustrated for being ignored for 20 minutes, and irritated by this obnoxious arrogant guy to my right.... I may have taken it more lightly. But, the guys looked at me standing there...never asked me if I needed any help.. and when I finally was able to ask a question I received negativity for it. Needless to say, I left and plan never to return.

I am sorry to hear that. I bought a Glock there on Thursday and everyone was super helpful, my buddy put an AR in layaway while was there too. I bought a small 380 there last winter and had the same experience.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I visited this shop yesterday and was not impressed. I stood at the glass for nearly 20 minutes waiting on the guy with the glasses to come talk to me... asked him a question, which he proceeded to walk towards the older guy with glasses. He then proceeded to yell all the way down the shop (I was near the AR15 section, he was near the other) at me in a hateful tone "NO!, We don't have those".I was already frustrated for being ignored for 20 minutes, and irritated by this obnoxious arrogant guy to my right.... I may have taken it more lightly. But, the guys looked at me standing there...never asked me if I needed any help.. and when I finally was able to ask a question I received negativity for it. Needless to say, I left and plan never to return.

I've come across one or 2 folks at PSS like that. Fortunately it seems they are typically not there the next time I go in (whether that is just a shift difference or they just don't last). I've purchased several firearms from PSS, as they have good prices and are very close to me, but there are some shops with better customer service and follow up (such as Beech Grove or Bradis), but I still include PSS when I'm looking for something. I purchased my AR at BGF as while neither they nor PSS had what I was interested in when I first started looking, BGF took my name and info (from their sub forum here, as well as when I was in the shop) and followed up with me as soon as they received one in stock. PSS just told me to keep checking back. That made the difference in that purchase and I drove well out of my way to purchase at BGF on that occasion.

Last edited:

wildman6266755

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 1, 2011
    Wish I had more time to spend at the shop, but the stuff about "hostile" WOW!!!!!! not the shop I have been going to for the past 13 years. And I have worked for BOB and Deb I have never seen anyone ask for ID or seeing the money before it was time to fill out the 4473 and pay for your purchase. I am not a keyboard bad ass but come on. Also if you read this feel free to contact me or at least describe the guy who pissed you off.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I've come across one or 2 folks at PSS like that. Fortunately it seems they are typically not there the next time I go in (whether that is just a shift difference or they just don't last). I've purchased several firearms from PSS, as they have good prices and are very close to me, but there are some shops with better customer service and follow up (such as Beech Grove or Bradis), but I still include PSS when I'm looking for something. I purchased my AR at BGF as while neither they nor PSS had what I was interested in when I first started looking, BGF took my name and info (from their sub forum here, as well as when I was in the shop) and followed up with me as soon as they received one in stock. PSS just told me to keep checking back. That made the difference in that purchase and I drove well out of my way to purchase at BGF on that occasion.

Picked up the Advantage Arms conversion kit for my Glock 27 this past week and an S&W 15-22 MOE that I had put in layaway in late September. This time I specifically asked if they would call me when an MOE 15-22 came into stock, they called within about a week of me putting my name in, and all was good. Haven't had a chance to shoot the AA conversion of the 15-22 yet, but will be soon. PSS had good prices and customer service was very good. I've purchased my last several firearms there. Its hard to beat their prices and selection locally.

Panama

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    Racing Capital
    I have been a customer at PSS since 1995, but, I will be taking my future business to Indy Tactical Supply in Mooresville.

This past Friday I went to PSS to buy a Walther P22, had cash in hand, no trade, didn't really care if it was black or OD Green, Bob had a black one, I looked at it, laid it down on the counter, ask if it came with one or two magazines, Bob freaked and sarcastically said, "it comes with one and if you want two you gotta buy the second one, I can't give this **** away" I was kinda laughing, cause like I said, I have been a customer for YEARS, at first I thought he was kidding! After I saw he was serious, I said, Bob, I didn't honestly know if it came with one or two mags, and he said "Bull****, I knew where you were going"!

So I left, went to Indy Tactical Supply bought an OD Green P22 for $1.00 less than PSS had on their black P22, and maybe the most amazing thing, they actually even thanked me for my business!

I really don't know what has got into Bob? I really did like doing business with him, and I really respect him for his service, but rather than driving the extra 6 or 7 miles to get attitude, I'll just be stopping in Mooresville where they at least seem to want and appreciate my business.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    I haven't been in PSS for maybe 6 or 7 months. Could there be something going on with Bob? Now I'm slightly concerned, I think I will stop in this week and see how he is doing. Sorry to hear of these problems people have been experiencing, that's not like Bob.

partyboy6686

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Bob at PSS is very sarcastic. It you cant take a joke or dont have patience then PSS isnt the shop for you. Ive been shoping there for 5+ years. I was just there on Monday and waited a half hour before I was helped. But that half hour wait doesnt bother me because Bob is a great guy and makes you feel like family when your in his shop. He can answer about any question you ask him. He has forgotten more things about guns then most people will ever learn about guns. Plus he has a huge selection of merchandise. And his prices are always great. Bob has been selling guns for 33+ years. Im sure he has pissed off a few customers in his 33+ years of doing business. But in the long run he is by far one of my favorite guys in the gun business.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    PITA tire kickers make it that way for (potential) legitimate customers.

Now Bob should know better than to lump everyone that comes through the door as the same - not everyone is in on the chisel. That his trip.

rnmcguire

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Plainfield, IN
    That place is squared away. Bob is a nice guy but he prolly has bad days like the rest of us. The main thing is the guy is honest and fair. I've definately felt more comfortable in his shop than anywhere else. Great prices also!

Love the 1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 20, 2010
    Great experience at PSS today!

I was able to trade up for a new Kimber yesterday. Due to the gun never being fired, I was in a large hurry to get magazines and get to the range to start the break-in. I visited PSS for the third time in my life and purchased 2 new Chip McCormick Magazines.

At the range, I put 50 rounds through the gun, 2 full loads from each of my 3 magazines (a KimPro Tac mag came with the gun). The Chip McCormick mags both had a failure to feed on the last round each time while the KimPro mag was flawless. I realize that the gun is not broken in yet but the fact that the KimPro mag worked and the McCormick mags did not concerned me.

I took the magazines back to PSS today and, after explaining the situation in about 2 sentences, was offered a full refund. I didn't even have the receipt. Due to the quality of service and lack of having to explain the situation to multiple people, I will return and spend more money there. Had other brands been in stock, I would have purchased the magazines there. Thanks PSS!

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    That place is squared away. Bob is a nice guy but he prolly has bad days like the rest of us. The main thing is the guy is honest and fair. I've definately felt more comfortable in his shop than anywhere else. Great prices also!

+1

I went in there for the first time today, after speaking with him on the phone yesterday. I asked him about a gun another guy mentioned he had traded in there, and he said he had it. Quoted me an extremely fair price, and I said I'd be in some time to take a look and maybe talk a trade. I jokingly asked him to hide it in back so no one would buy it until I came in. Most shop owners wouldn't do that, especially for some random guy that calls in and may or may not be a tire kicker, so I didn't really expect him to.

I went in there today and the place was packed. There were quite a few folks just hanging out, like it was 2nd home or a lodge or something. You could tell they just liked being there.

The staff greeted me, even thought they were all engaged with customers. Nice. It only takes a second to acknowledge a customer and let them know you'll be with them as soon as you can, but this little rule of retail sales is often ignored in other places.

When Bob freed up, he recognized my voice apparently, and said he knew what I was looking for. Went in back and sure enough got the gun I had inquired about. If he hadn't pulled it off the shelf for the random guy (me) that had called, I wouldn't have blamed him in the least. Money talks, and all. But he did.

Then came the part I was worried about: the trade in. I expected to get a terrible offer and just buy the new gun outright, I really did. Bob made a very fair offer on the trade-in, and it was such that I didn't even think about haggling. Done deal.

The shop slowed down a bit and I enjoyed BSing with him for awhile afterward. Nice guy, Nice shop.

Great experience at PSS.

(and apparently pizza really is a mainstay there, because there was a box on the counter the staff was munching on)

MJ06IU

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Dec 11, 2010
    Indy
    There's a reason that Plainfield Shooting Supplies has very few bad commitments and so many replies to this post......first off, Bob has been in business in Moby Dick was a minnow and they treat folks right! I bought my first gun from Bob when I turned 21, 15yrs later he still has my business. Bob might be a bad singer and older than my dad...LOL(kidding) but the guy and his family Are As Good As GOLD!!! All this is from a guy that travels by a ton of low cost volume stores. (Bud's, Mid-West Exchange, others in TN, etc)

2008blackwrx

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 19, 2011
    Went to look at rifles at Gander today in Greenwood, and the guy literally told me to go here instead of buying from him... Clearly I need to go to PSS!

LLDJR

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    Southside/Southport
    Went in there @ 5-6 months ago, was treated poorly, drove past their place today and thought I would give them another try*** then decided against it, I've bought $5k-$6k of firearms since then

sweendogie

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2011
    I've been a long time resident of plainfield and i've been in pss a few times, love the place, great people and great prices

Top Bottom