• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 68_F100

Expert
    Rating - 93.9%
    31   2   0
    Nov 8, 2010
    North Salem
    I have always liked the place. I stopped in the other day and asked about 338 lapua reloading supplies. I have a guy reloading for me and two or three guys behind the counter went off about how dangerous that was and how he should have some ATF license to sell reloads. Didn't really need to hear a speach.

pirate

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 2, 2011
    Love PSS. They are my choice of gunshops when it comes to the Mooresville, Camby, Plainfield area.

seamus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    going back soon with my AR to get a Sig red dot scope put on. They are great people.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    going back soon with my AR to get a Sig red dot scope put on. They are great people.

I love PSS and have purchased several guns there (including my last purchase), but you owe it to yourself to take a quick look over at Bradis for AR accessories and just do a bit of comparison shopping.

I have and will continue to look at PSS first when looking at guns )along with checking out BGF and Bradis), but split time between online, Bradis, PSS and others for accessories, especially for the AR.

blaster2

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I recently purchased a new Glock 23 and found out I am not a Glock guy. I have purchased at Bradis before so I stopped in to trade it on a new XDM. The people at Bradis are nice to deal with and their prices are normally good. However, I noticed they have recently raised prices (the Glock was up about $30 dollars in a two week time period). I understand they have to make money on my trade but they were really not in the same ballpark. I immediately took the gun to Bob. He hasn't raised prices and his trade offer was very fair. Bob has always treated me fair. I will no longer waste my time going anywhere else.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    The people at Bradis are nice to deal with and their prices are normally good. However, I noticed they have recently raised prices (the Glock was up about $30 dollars in a two week time period).

You must've been looking at a TALO special edition or a Gen4 or something; we haven't raised prices on our baseline Gen3 Glocks for at least 3 years.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    What are you looking for Mike?
    Been trying to find a Sig Saur p226 Dark Elite in .40 :). Only place I found it wanted like $1300 for it. I know I can get it online for $900~1000ish but I'd rather pick it up somewhere local.

I actually called today and whoever I spoke with said you they didn't have it - and didn't offer to order it or give me any options other than "We don't have one."

Ended up picking up a 9mm variant, planning on using my XDm .40 3.8 for carry - at least - until I find a p226 Dark Elite .40 at a good price at a local vendor.

zonfather

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Indy
    So I purchased my first Glock at Plainfield Shooting Supply the other weekend. I had heard that this place has great prices and customer service. Haven't really been out there since it's out of the way for me. Glock 19 Gen 3 Talo (just nights sights). I had heard about newer Glocks having ejection issues but didn't really look into whether it applied to Gen 3s. Anyways, I asked the salespeople if it was one of the ones with ejection issues before I purchased. I was told no, they seemed knowledgeable and friendly.

I've taken it to the range 3 times shooting about 400 rounds. Different kinds of ammo and different grains with the same result...Every 6 to 7 rounds it will 6 o'clock eject a casing straight into my face without fail. So I did a little more research on this and discovered I do have the 336 ejector (which is known to be problematic). Too bad because I really like this pistol.

I called PSS and asked what could be done about this. They told me it was normal for Glocks and that if I wanted it corrected I should go see the Glock Doc.

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    zonfather,

It is not uncommon for those to shoot the Glock and cause it to malfunction that way. If you adjust your grip accordingly, you should be able to prevent it from jamming that way. Glocks, especially Gen 3s, have a long established history. Every factory can produce a lemon but I'm guessing you might be limp wristing.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xl-zQveq378[/ame]

zonfather

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Indy
    zonfather,

It is not uncommon for those to shoot the Glock and cause it to malfunction that way. If you adjust your grip accordingly, you should be able to prevent it from jamming that way. Glocks, especially Gen 3s, have a long established history. Every factory can produce a lemon but I'm guessing you might be limp wristing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xl-zQveq378

Thanks for the response, but that is not the issue. My G19 isn't stovepiping or experiencing failure to feed or anything like that. I also am familiar with proper grips for a Glock as I have several friends who shoot them regularly (the ejection issue was happening to them too when I let them use mine). It is ejecting the case every 6 to 7 rounds straight back (6 o'clock position) into my face.

Like I said, after more research on this I have found that the cause of the problem is due to a malfunctioning part number 336 ejector which, unfortunately, I have in my G19. I should have done more research before purchasing and inspected it at the store before taking someone else's word for it.

zonfather

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Indy
    No worries.

Well, I don't really like dealing with hassle and since I'll be going to the 1500 anyway I guess I'll see an armorer there and see what they have to say. Hopefully it doesn't cost much because the idea of paying to have something I bought NEW fixed will irritate me for a long time. I wish the store would have had more info on the issue before selling it to me (and of course I wish I was a more informed buyer obviously because now I know what to look for haha). Is this Glock Doc any good? Anyone else I should go see if not?

Top Bottom