• ...and so much more!
  • LSUFan

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Bloomington
    He remembers my name...

I've bought and traded 4 or 5 guns with them over the last 10 years or so. Bob greets me by name when I walk in the door...and points me to the things he thinks I'd be interested in. Wish I had more $$. I drive up from B'ton on occasion just to see what Bob has in stock. Great place and person.

Indydrew

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    +1 to Bob and crew from Plainfield Shooting Supply.

This is the only shop around Indy where I felt comfortable sitting down and talking to the owner, I felt like I was in his living room shooting the breeze. That doesn't happen often anymore regardless of the business...

My buddy ended up buying a Ruger Mark III .22, and I purchased a few odds and ends. When we pulled the Ruger apart later to clean it before shooting it for the first time, we found a manufacturing defect with the pistol. After talking to Bob, he said come on in and we'll look at it and we'll take care of you.

He saw the same issue we did and offered to swap the pistol out with a new one from a shipment he was getting in. Now he could have just as easily said "send it back to Ruger and good luck, it's your problem".

That's customer service and the reason I will be back next time I need something.

Nice to meet you guys,

-Drew

Jim W.

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    Brownsburg area
    I've only been once and was very pleased. My wife was with me and bored. She was setting on a stoll across from the counter waiting on me. Bob was eatting pizza and gave a piece to my wife. Now that is going above and beyond. I hope to go there next week. I'm looking for a G26 and holster. Hope he will have them in stock.

blaster2

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I have always been treated well by Bob and Deb. They seem to be good people and their gun prices are very fair. Even if their price is close but not the cheapest, they will get my business.

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    I've only been once and was very pleased. My wife was with me and bored. She was setting on a stoll across from the counter waiting on me. Bob was eatting pizza and gave a piece to my wife. Now that is going above and beyond. I hope to go there next week. I'm looking for a G26 and holster. Hope he will have them in stock.

Pizza again? They were having pizza a couple of different times when I went in there. Gotta love it! Anyone who can live on pizza n guns is good to go! :laugh:

Lock n Load

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    146   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    FFort
    +1 for PSS

Pizza again? They were having pizza a couple of different times when I went in there. Gotta love it! Anyone who can live on pizza n guns is good to go! :laugh:

It was pizza for lunch again today too.....

And yet another successful trade at PSS, Bob, Jeremy and the guys were great as usual.

Thanks,

Long time customer: Joe

IndyIN

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 98.3%
    58   1   0
    Nov 8, 2010
    Texas
    Picked up a new Colt a few weeks ago, great price and great service!

I stopped in to just look at a Colt, and stopped at a competitor (in Camby) on the way back home. They had the same gun,and I decided I had to have one if they would match the PSS price. With out going in to the shocking response I got, the answer was no. I drove back to PSS the next day and purchased the gun $60 cheaper. I've consistently got the best price at PSS, and best trade in values as well. I won't be stopping any where else on the way home from now on ;)

IndyIN

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 98.3%
    58   1   0
    Nov 8, 2010
    Texas
    I've only been once and was very pleased. My wife was with me and bored. She was setting on a stool across from the counter waiting on me. Bob was eating pizza and gave a piece to my wife. Now that is going above and beyond. I hope to go there next week. I'm looking for a G26 and holster. Hope he will have them in stock.

Really good chance that he will have the G26, I don't know about the holster though. When I've looked at his prices they are right there with the big internet shops (Buds...). :yesway:

Bikerdad61

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 4, 2010
    Sullivan
    Plainfield shooting supplies is worth the trip

I to was in PSS for the first time on Saturday. Nice store, wide selection, everyone was really friendly, prices from what I could tell looked VERY competitive. I bought a box of Mag-tec .44 Mag ammo and fondled a GSG-5 .22 Carbine they had. They had a smok'in price on it, $349.00+Tax. :yesway::yesway::yesway::yesway: I'll be back to see them in a couple months with more cash :D

Jim W.

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    Brownsburg area
    Went in Monday afternoon and bought the G19. As usual very nice staff and very knowledgable. Thats Jim for helping me out.
    I was hoping for pizza.

Jim

newtothis

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 28, 2011
    -5. Went in there some months back, and was looking at dropping some serious cash (upwards of 2k) and the guys at the counter just glared at me. I asked to look at a few different handguns and each of the staff asked to see I.D. , and then proceeded to say "oh" and begrudgingly handed me the firearms. I asked if they would cut me deals if I paid in cash (several hundred dollar a piece guns), and the guy scoffed and said "yeah, you show me the cash and we'll work somethin out". I proceeded to pull out a chunk of the cash, and their tune changed once they realized I wasnt someone that was going to waste their time; I put my money back in my pocket and told them I would never be back in their store.

Most hostile gun shop I have ever been in.

Silverado

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2011

Then I take it you've never been to Elmore's in Greenwood. :):

I have always had good luck with Bob at PSS. Best gun shop in central Indiana, if you ask me, followed closely by Beech Grove Firearms. The fact that there is no cover charge for Bob's singing is a bonus!

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    -5. Went in there some months back, and was looking at dropping some serious cash (upwards of 2k) and the guys at the counter just glared at me. I asked to look at a few different handguns and each of the staff asked to see I.D. , and then proceeded to say "oh" and begrudgingly handed me the firearms. I asked if they would cut me deals if I paid in cash (several hundred dollar a piece guns), and the guy scoffed and said "yeah, you show me the cash and we'll work somethin out". I proceeded to pull out a chunk of the cash, and their tune changed once they realized I wasnt someone that was going to waste their time; I put my money back in my pocket and told them I would never be back in their store.

?

Most hostile? I'm not doubting your impression but Bob's is one of the best gun shops I have ever been in and not just Indiana but to include several states I have been stationed in.

BJones

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Noblesville/Westfld
    I have purchased several guns from them. They are good to deal with and thier prices are pretty good. I would be happy to deal with them in the future.
    Good people!!

hondatech2k2

Shooter
    Rating - 98.2%
    55   1   0
    Jul 10, 2011
    Greenwood
    I visited this shop yesterday and was not impressed. I stood at the glass for nearly 20 minutes waiting on the guy with the glasses to come talk to me... asked him a question, which he proceeded to walk towards the older guy with glasses. He then proceeded to yell all the way down the shop (I was near the AR15 section, he was near the other) at me in a hateful tone "NO!, We don't have those".I was already frustrated for being ignored for 20 minutes, and irritated by this obnoxious arrogant guy to my right.... I may have taken it more lightly. But, the guys looked at me standing there...never asked me if I needed any help.. and when I finally was able to ask a question I received negativity for it. Needless to say, I left and plan never to return.

Top Bottom