• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Big Hank

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Initial reaction while watching the entire video was shoot, shoot, and shoot NOW. I guess I forgot the subject of the video simply because it looked like the other 10,000+ helmet cam videos on the web, and just one of thousands I've watched. <----now that was just my initial thought.

Then I started thinking more rational, but still not thinking about the subject.....Even if carrying and being bike jacked, if the guy had that much of an upper hand I would have dove off throwing him the keys.

Now I do trust Denny347 and if he says there was more to the vid, then I trust him, and all my initial thoughts are pointless.

Just had to add that if this guy was doing any running, he really sucked. He was just trying some simple everyday trickery, I'm thinking he sped up a couple of times but kept going back near the speed limit to make it appear he didn't know the fuzz was onto him. Honestly this is done all the time. I'm guessing police see a little extra time on the throttle or a little burst when they hit the cherries and berries a with motorcyclist compared to a motor vehicle.

Last edited:

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    I've seen this before. This is a heavily edited video. I watched the original which is much longer. I cannot for the life of me remember what forum this was posted on before. I thought it was this one but I guess not. In the original video, this guy shows that he was running from the officer once he noticed that he was going to get stopped. He was driving all kinds of stupid on the interstate and caught the eye of an officer who then tried to stop him. The officer pulled the gun out for fear of him running, like he had been.

then the cyclist was wrong. but i dont agree with cops pulling their guns to try and prevent people from running. they cant justifyably shoot unless the guy tried to run them over right?

i cant shoot hakeem to stop him from running down the street with my tv :dunno:

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    So you would draw your weapon because a car cut you off? Then shoot the man as he got out of his car? What if it was just someone pissed because you was speeding and maybe cut him off, endanger his family that was in the car with him?

Would not a very smart move would it. Besides, there was marked car behind, That trooper would have been shooting into you as well. You might have gotten the first officer, but now you got a uniformed officer to deal with behind you.

I this situation on the video in this thread I would have left, plenty of room to evade the car. If I was trapped my weapon would be drawn as soon as the door opened, as soon as I saw the gun I'm shooting.

I don't care if you are pissed because I cut you off, exit your car and my gun comes out, have a weapon I'm shooting.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    My gun was never under a zipped up jacket, I counted 7 seconds from when the car starts to come into his lane to when the cop is standing with his gun out, I could draw and fire in that time, I could have also left in that time easily.

i could probly fit in eating a white castle in that amount of time too.:rockwoot:

from where would i get it? my tactical drop leg white castle holder of coarse :)

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    then the cyclist was wrong. but i dont agree with cops pulling their guns to try and prevent people from running. they cant justifyably shoot unless the guy tried to run them over right?

i cant shoot hakeem to stop him from running down the street with my tv :dunno:
    yep to #1
    nope to #2

you could have shot him in your house though :) where do i get a molle crave case holder? tactical goodness.

BearArms

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2008
    Why does everyone think Wheelies are automatically "reckless driving"? There are more the enough riders out there that can ride a wheelie and still be 100% in control of their bike. The plain clothes officer should have led with a badge and a gun. I don't feel like the guy was trying to flee. There was enough room on the left side to flee if those were his intentions.

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    20 over is reckless driving... doubling the speed limit (and then some) is where he was reckless. I know a guy who can steer a car with an erection, that doesn't make it a good idea.

groovatron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    calumet township
    well if the cop had a badge on then its a NO SHOOT situation. snip

Next time I carjack someone, I'll be sure to wear one of these.....

m194.jpg

Is it just my computer or is there no audio before the po-po gets out of his car? snip

First thing I thought too.

snipThe officer that was off duty snip.

What makes you think that he was off duty?:dunno:

snip The officer pulled the gun out for fear of him running, like he had been.

Would the cop have the right of way to shoot if the biker tried to run?

If I were a carjacker, I would just yell "POLICE."

The suckers would never know what hit them. Foolproof.

No kiddin'.......oldest trick in the book.;)

As an avid sport bike rider over the years I have been tickited for over 120mph. Had my bike impounded for street racing. My license suspended twice... the list gose on.

Smart? No.

But just like this guy the only thing I was doing was speeding. snip

I have a real problem with this attitude. Riding like that on a busy highway is no different than waving a gun around in a mall with no intention to shoot. Innocent people die because of negligence like that. You are putting other people's lives at risk. I see it everyday. I hope it doesn't take the loss of a loved one for folks like you to figure it out.

Save the recklessness for the back roads and the track.
    And FTR, I love riding fast. I just choose not to use peoples commute paths as a video game street race. Same goes for cars.:twocents:

Why does everyone think Wheelies are automatically "reckless driving"? There are more the enough riders out there that can ride a wheelie and still be 100% in control of their bike snip

:bs: That statement is laughable. Ever have a semis tire blow out while you were next to it? Try avoiding that while your on one wheel.

I definitely feel as though there is more to this situation than we see in the video. It amazes me how gullible and "quick to judge" some folks are out there. And as far as the no tapping LEO's.......WTF.....that's a whole other thread. I had no idea that their were state laws against this. Videotaping public action, including LEO activity is a favorite pastime of mine.;)

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    what do you mean when we were younger?

Well, when *I* was younger, I drove a 69 Super Bee, 383 w/ dual Holley quads, two electric fuel pumps, and open Hooker Headers.

NOW, I drive a 93 Acclaim.

I couldn't "greatly" exceed the speed limit now unless I drove off a cliff.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    Ummm....that was not a stop for speeding. That was a stop for reckless driving and probably fleeing. You can see the marked patrol car pulling out behind him. And look how soon the marked car was there. The D--- A-- was running. He got what he deserved. The only person wrong on that video was the idiot on the bike. I would have jailed him also.

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    Ummm....that was not a stop for speeding. That was a stop for reckless driving and probably fleeing. You can see the marked patrol car pulling out behind him. And look how soon the marked car was there. The D--- A-- was running. He got what he deserved. The only person wrong on that video was the idiot on the bike. I would have jailed him also.

Ummm, I don't think anyone is really claiming that the biker shouldn't have gotten pulled over and ticketed. The only debate I've seen here is whether or not a plain clothes cop, in an unmarked car, should draw his weapon before identifying himself. It's a TRAFFIC stop, for goodness sake, not a felony. The only real thing that would change my mind would be if someone had reported that the biker had just robbed a 7-11 or something.

Also, if it's such a dire circumstance, why wouldn't either car have lights or sirens on? I don't believe if it's really a shoot/no-shoot situation that both cops will take the time to turn off their sirens after everyone comes to a stop but before anyone gets out.

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009

Actually it was a stop for speeding as the rider was only ticketed for going 80 mph, he's in a lot more trouble for posting the video.

As I said before in this thread, I have been arrested for allegedly running from the police but no weapons were drawn, I would love to see and hear the whole video as the cops claim he was revving his engine when the plainclothes cop stopped him.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    Ummm, I don't think anyone is really claiming that the biker shouldn't have gotten pulled over and ticketed. The only debate I've seen here is whether or not a plain clothes cop, in an unmarked car, should draw his weapon before identifying himself. It's a TRAFFIC stop, for goodness sake, not a felony. The only real thing that would change my mind would be if someone had reported that the biker had just robbed a 7-11 or something.

Also, if it's such a dire circumstance, why wouldn't either car have lights or sirens on? I don't believe if it's really a shoot/no-shoot situation that both cops will take the time to turn off their sirens after everyone comes to a stop but before anyone gets out.

Something like that stop is a felony until I know otherwise. The idiot was running and you never know why. He might have just robbed the 7-11 and he might have tried to run the officer down. Had he attempted the last he would have been fired on more than likely. You never know what someone has done and will do.

Having been in more than a few chases with sport bikes,often times when traffic conditions are light,I will not run lights or sirens until I get closer to the bike or car for that matter.

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    Found a better video on utube and I still think the cop should have identified himself but I can see how the rider knew their was a patrol car right behind him.

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    Something like that stop is a felony until I know otherwise. The idiot was running and you never know why. He might have just robbed the 7-11 and he might have tried to run the officer down. Had he attempted the last he would have been fired on more than likely. You never know what someone has done and will do.

Having been in more than a few chases with sport bikes,often times when traffic conditions are light,I will not run lights or sirens until I get closer to the bike or car for that matter.

But would you chase him in your own car and jump out without identifying yourself?

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    Actually it was a stop for speeding as the rider was only ticketed for going 80 mph, he's in a lot more trouble for posting the video.

As I said before in this thread, I have been arrested for allegedly running from the police but no weapons were drawn, I would love to see and hear the whole video as the cops claim he was revving his engine when the plainclothes cop stopped him.

Your lucky then. Anyone that runs and are caught by me will have a weapon drawn on them. I think most any officer will agree.

Top Bottom