• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JBusch8899

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    So the next time you are pulled over for speeding, PLEASE for the love of all things holy, do NOT complain if the officer jumps out of his vehicle with gun drawn.

As has been pointed out to me in a previous thread where I DEFENDED the LEO for shooting a motorcyclist, if one is travelling at that rate of speed it can take some time for the bike to come to a halt. I didn't see any indication in this video that the biker was "running from the police". :twocents:

What is perceived and what is real are two different things. I saw NO LIGHTS and no marked car until AFTER he was being detained.

I've been arrested for driving that fast and allegedy running from the cops and no weapon was drawn. No need to draw his weapon at this stop.

Wait for it.

Originally Posted by Denny347
    I've seen this before. This is a heavily edited video. I watched the original which is much longer. I cannot for the life of me remember what forum this was posted on before. I thought it was this one but I guess not. In the original video, this guy shows that he was running from the officer once he noticed that he was going to get stopped. He was driving all kinds of stupid on the interstate and caught the eye of an officer who then tried to stop him. The officer pulled the gun out for fear of him running, like he had been.

This.

I saw the previous video as well.

IF that is the case, it would change my stance. However, going off of the video clip that I watched, I stand by my prior posts.

By all means........

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA
    Wait for it.

This.

I saw the previous video as well.

By all means........

It's a miracle. Praise Jesus Hallellujah. What you have overlooked (among other things) is that I am basing my posts off of the VIDEO AT HAND. I clearly stated this. By all means, post the unedited video. We're standing by with bated breath.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Didn't look like he was running from the cops to me. He was slowing and coming to a stop when the car pulled up. He could have gotten away from the unmarked car on the ramp if he was running. I looked around all the time when I rode, looking behind you when you are coming to a stop is not indicative of running from anything. He was speeding and deserved a ticket and possible license suspension, but not having a gun pulled on him. He was speeding for God's sake! Some video cameras mute the sound when it is just noise, like noise made by the wind on a moving motorcycle. I didn't see a badge, couldn't see through the limo tint on the car windows either. If you were cut off by an unmarked car w/o lights or siren, with limo tinted windows and a guy in street clothes jumps out with a gun what would you do? Why is it illegal to film cops? What do they have to hide? They film us peons when they stop us. I don't know what happened before or after on the video but from what is seen I have to side with the guy on the bike.

JBusch8899

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    It's a miracle. Praise Jesus Hallellujah. What you have overlooked (among other things) is that I am basing my posts off of the VIDEO AT HAND. I clearly stated this. By all means, post the unedited video. We're standing by with bated breath.

Thank you, but as your mother and your Kindergarten teacher probably told you, that you are more than capable of doing the work yourself.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    I've seen this before. This is a heavily edited video. I watched the original which is much longer. I cannot for the life of me remember what forum this was posted on before. I thought it was this one but I guess not. In the original video, this guy shows that he was running from the officer once he noticed that he was going to get stopped. He was driving all kinds of stupid on the interstate and caught the eye of an officer who then tried to stop him. The officer pulled the gun out for fear of him running, like he had been.

Well, if that's the case, I've seen many times where the cops draw down on somebody that ran from them. If the guy KNEW the cops were behind him, and he was RUNNING from them, then I guess he should have expected that. Even if he only ran for half a mile he'd be drawn on.

With another car right behind, that would also explain why the plainclothes guy didn't mind getting out with his gun drawn barking commands first, and announcing who he was second. It would have been obvious to the biker who he was and what was happening. I just couldn't tell that from the video that was posted.

Now if you have that link, that would be cool.

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA
    Thank you, but as your mother and your Kindergarten teacher probably told you, that you are more than capable of doing the work yourself.

Pulling out the big guns are we!?! My mother? BAHAHAHAHAHA! :): You obviously haven't met my mother. My Kindergarten teacher? PLEASE. :):

Someone has some pent up anger. I hear they make medication for that these days.

Since you were so gracious about the video that you claim you saw, I'll go search for it myself. Like Fenway said, maybe I should take a break from INGO. My insides hurt from laughter. I shall recuse myself until I can refrain from snickering :D

KDUBCR250

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Martinsville
    Not enuff info from the video. If the LEO Ided himself as soon a s he got out of the car and there was sirens then inho ive got no problem with the traffic stop ( pulling his gun was a little much ) However if he did not id himself and there was no sirens then if I was the motocyclist I would have shot him in selfdefence :dunno:

$mooth

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 27, 2010
    Texas
    This seems like nothing more to me than an idiot trying to set up the police department for public ridicule. Committing an illegal act for the purpose of making an LEO look bad is hardly an example of good citizenship.
    Why is setting up the PD poor citizenship? If the cops can have stings and traps (there's a lot that's techinically not entrapment), then I see nothing wrong with holding them to the same standards.

My big problem is actually with the anti-videotapping law.

Alright, how many of us here, on INGO, can HONESTLY say that, when we were younger, we never greatly exceeded the speed limit?

what do you mean when we were younger?

No. I am saying had I been in that situation and there was NO siren I would have immediately fired on the cop. I saw no indication that he was a police officer until he said State Police. Note also that his vehicle is an uncommon vehicle for unmarked. Say this happened in Indiana and an unmarked Impala pulls up next to you, no siren, and a man jumps out with a gun and orders you off your bike. At that point, I've already cleared leather. Sorry but the cop did not handle it correctly.

I don't think I would've drawn. I didn't suspect that car for a problem and the guy got out of the car pretty quickly and he already had gun in hand. I'd rather gun the engine and get the f outta there then try to draw and fire before he fired.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    As the former owner of a Kawasaki Ninja (in my 20's), I will say at anything over 120mph, you ain't gonna hear no sirens.

The vehicle that state trooper hopped out of looks more like his personally owned vehicle, no lights or anything.

clt46910

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Akron Indiana
    What amazes me it the number of members that can draw a firearm from under a zipped up leather jacket and shoot a man that already has his gun out at his side.

You really think you can pull that off when all he has to do is lift his arm and start shooting as you are still trying to unzip your jacket to get to your gun?

Some people might need to go to some force on force classes to learn about the real world. You would be on the ground hoping you make it to the hospital before you even got your hand around your gun.

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    My gun was never under a zipped up jacket, I counted 7 seconds from when the car starts to come into his lane to when the cop is standing with his gun out, I could draw and fire in that time, I could have also left in that time easily.

Redskinsfan

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    if..

If I were the motorcyclist in this video and I was carrying a sidearm, I would definitely NOT have drawn it because I would know that I was GUILTY of breaking the law and would be expecting the police. The fact that the officer did not show his badge is bad practice on his part, but if I were the motorcyclist I would have believed him knowing that what I was doing was going to bring me big legal trouble.

What I find really troubling is the news that a citizen video taping a traffic stop is a crime in Maryland. This is outrageous.

Terry

Last edited:

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    Whenever a people see a motorcycle going down the road speeding and doing wheelies they call the police and give a description of the bike.

At 107 you see the cop on the side of the interstate accelerating out to catch the guy, he then takes the next exit off of the interstate. At 259, he check his mirror and notices the cop, At 301, he turns around and sees the cop pulling him over but continues. At 310 he sees that traffic is stopped in front of him. He then turns to the right as if to go around the stopped car and take the exit to the right where he is cut off by the plainclothes guy. He knew he was being stopped, and a reasonable and prudent person would believe he was avoiding the traffic stop by: 1. taking the first exit off the interstate. 2. There is a cop pulling him over where in you are obligated to pull to the RIGHT and come to a complete stop he moves to the left and stops only because he can't continue, then at 311 watch his handlebars he moves to the right as if to flee this is when the plainclothes car boxes him in and he backs up.

his original edited video only shows the plainclothes guys stopping him and none of the other officer, so at least he included the other stuff this time.

clt46910

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Akron Indiana
    So you would draw your weapon because a car cut you off? Then shoot the man as he got out of his car? What if it was just someone pissed because you was speeding and maybe cut him off, endanger his family that was in the car with him?

Would not a very smart move would it. Besides, there was marked car behind, That trooper would have been shooting into you as well. You might have gotten the first officer, but now you got a uniformed officer to deal with behind you.

ARdysfunction

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2009
    Indy West Side
    I will say at anything over 120mph, you ain't gonna hear no sirens.
    +1 to that.

As an avid sport bike rider over the years I have been tickited for over 120mph. Had my bike impounded for street racing. My license suspended twice... the list gose on.

Smart? No.

But just like this guy the only thing I was doing was speeding. And never have the leo had a reason to point a firearm at me. Write the ticket and move on.

(the officer who wrote me four tickets in a row at deals gap a few years back was even rather nice about it)

Neo46121

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2009
    Putnam County
    I don't think I would've drawn. I didn't suspect that car for a problem and the guy got out of the car pretty quickly and he already had gun in hand. I'd rather gun the engine and get the f outta there then try to draw and fire before he fired.

This /\

The guy getting out of the car (LEO or not) had the drop on the motorcyclist.

I don't care how fast you think you are on the draw, there's not a member here who could have produced a weapon and fired it effectively from that position in the extremely short (less than a few seconds) amount of time you would be allotted before LEO/BG puts a little present inside your skin.

Just my .02

Was the LEO wrong? Maybe. Did he over react? Probably
    Was the man on the bike wrong? Maybe? Is he an idiot for running that fast off of a racetrack? Absolutely

Top Bottom