• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Meezer

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 23, 2011
    Porter County
    So because you think that there are those that will use it for political advantage, we should simply continue to discriminate so that they can't?

Oh, that's talk about "political advantage"

At the time of enlistment a 17 year-old female is expected to do 13 push-ups, compared to 35 for males, while for 41 year olds, the numbers are 6 (females) and 24 (males), respectively.

A 17 year old girl is expected to run 2 miles in 19 minutes, 42 seconds or less, which is 12 seconds more than a 41 year old man gets.

A 41 year old woman has to "run" 2 miles in 24 minus and 6 seconds, almost 5 minutes more than a man receives.

The military executes missions, and the generals and admirals understand that one of their most important missions - from the point of view of their personal advancement - is to recruit sufficient numbers of women to please their political masters. The only way to achieve that mission is to operate very unequal standards.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

At the time of enlistment a 17 year-old female is expected to do 13 push-ups, compared to 35 for males, while for 41 year olds, the numbers are 6 (females) and 24 (males), respectively.

A 17 year old girl is expected to run 2 miles in 19 minutes, 42 seconds or less, which is 12 seconds more than a 41 year old man gets.

A 41 year old woman has to "run" 2 miles in 24 minus and 6 seconds, almost 5 minutes more than a man receives.

The military executes missions, and the generals and admirals understand that one of their most important missions - from the point of view of their personal advancement - is to recruit sufficient numbers of women to please their political masters. The only way to achieve that mission is to operate very unequal standards.

And we have a winner.
    You may pick up your brand new internet at the ingo store when and if it ever opens..........:dunno:

zippy23

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Noblesville
    How is thus destroying our military? If they can do the job why should they be excluded?

They will lower the bar. Its that simple. Lowering the bar screws everyone. political correctness is the downfall of the military and our country. its sad. we have let it come to this. Imagine a woman trying to pull a loaded down soldiers from the battlefield as she is loaded down herself. it just wont happen.

zippy23

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Noblesville
    Women are not men. They cant physically do what men can do, this is life, deal with it. men cant have a baby, lying to ourselves by saying we are "equal" is laughable and dangerous. Unless she is on some ridiculous steroids and has grown a real pair, then holy crap this is not even an argument

Kirkd

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    Greenwood

Here's the kicker. For males in Special OPS, you have to meet the standard as a 17 y/o male irregardless of age. When i was in, you had to have a minimum of 240 with no individual score lower than 80 to be a Ranger. Whereas regular army was 180 with nothing lower than 60. I think SF was something like 208.

And oh yeah, you have to have a high and tight with a fresh haircut every Monday AM. No longer than 1 inch on top to be in Ranger Bat

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    The problem isn't in opening the special services to both sexes, it is in the inevitable lowering of standards to provide "reasonable" accommodation.

If they would (knowing they probably won't) keep the standards up, then it wouldn't matter who came in so long as they met the standard.

:+1: Exactly. Not a chance in the universe the politicians in uniforms or in suits will keep their thumbs off the scales.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

Again, if ONE single woman can do the job of SEALs, then why should she be prohibited from joining? Just because every other woman "can't" isn't justification to deny her that right. "Life, Liberty, and Pursuit of Happiness," right? Explain to me how if one is "qualified," to do the job at same standards of men, and yet is denied because she the sole person of her sex that "can," how our beliefs are not corrupted.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Again, if ONE single woman can do the job of SEALs, then why should she be prohibited from joining? Just because every other woman "can't" isn't justification to deny her that right. "Life, Liberty, and Pursuit of Happiness," right? Explain to me how if one is "qualified," to do the job at same standards of men, and yet is denied because she the sole person of her sex that "can," how our beliefs are not corrupted.

Your argument is flawless in theory. The problem is that realistically we can anticipate that it will be a cold day in Hell that equal requirements are actually upheld.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Because it changes the entire dynamic in the ****. It just does not come off as a sound idea. I understand your idealism but this is not a good thing.

NSA 308

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    Another step in destroying our military. They are demons.

Foosball.jpg

:):

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Did you really just compare SWAT to Seals? OMG.....

No dingus, but since I'm not a SEAL (not Seal), or military, it is my only reference. I guess my point was overlooked. The point was that we have a PT standard that only men tried out for and many could not pass. This female officer put the PT standards to shame. I was trying to convey the idea that there ARE women that can keep up with men. They might be few but they exist. Let them try. Same standards for anyone who can pass.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Swat is a walk in the park when comparing it to special forces.

And if she was enlisted, she could have pulled pull that off as well. I was only trying to convey the idea that a PT entrance test set up for men CAN be met by some women without lowering the standards. Good God. Sorry I interjected.:rolleyes:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    And if she was enlisted, she could have pulled pull that off as well. I was only trying to convey the idea that a PT entrance test set up for men CAN be met by some women without lowering the standards. Good God. Sorry I interjected.:rolleyes:

I get it. I know a couple of woman capable of this. My issue is the front line battle dynamic. It would change dramatically with woman involved. Men will do some stupid **** in defense of a comrade....let the comrade be female and things will escalate dramatically.
    There are so many roles that woman can play off the front lines. Maybe I am old school but I am not alone in these feelings.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I get it. I know a couple of woman capable of this. My issue is the front line battle dynamic. It would change dramatically with woman involved. Men will do some stupid **** in defense of a comrade....let the comrade be female and things will escalate dramatically.
    There are so many roles that woman can play off the front lines. Maybe I am old school but I am not alone in these feelings.

And we learned way back in GW 1 that female sailors that are on ships with male sailors end up pregnant at a high rate... I imagine the Special Forces guys would perform as well as the other folks.

SOCOM242

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013

I'm seeing now why your post count is so high - you respond to different people, over and over, with the same rhetorical answers.

Let's just put this to rest so you can move on: YES, if ONE woman is somehow able to do EVERYTHING a man can do as far as requirements, then YES, she can join the SEALs.

Any other questions? :rolleyes:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I'm seeing now why your post count is so high - you respond to different people, over and over, with the same rhetorical answers.

Let's just put this to rest so you can move on: YES, if ONE woman is somehow able to do EVERYTHING a man can do as far as requirements, then YES, she can join the SEALs.

Any other questions? :rolleyes:

And thus there should be no prohibition.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I think it's strange how in this modern era (2 centuries basically) we have tried to change thousands of years of the way it is when it comes to the roles of men an women. Hey like I said if they can pass the exact same training (its not all physical) then by all means give them the ****ing tab so they shut the hell up and the military can work on **** that actually matters and continue smokin alibabba in the Middle East.
    But as for me, I appreciate women who act like women and aren't trying to be a man. There's nothing I hate worse than a woman with a chip on her shoulder that acts like she has to overdo everything in order to prove she can hang with the boys. Wait for it ........ like just about every damn woman officer in the military now! It's very annoying.
    Act like a femanine woman and not some bull headed pain in the ass. What's wrong with being pampered and treated like a princess? If you want to be a man then go have a dong implanted on you and become Chaz bono. I'm raising my daughter to be a princess not a ranger. But she will gouge your eyes out if you try anything ;)

Last edited:
    Top Bottom