• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    My uncle was in Carlson's Raiders during WW2, passed away in 80.

My dads father, my grandfather laid in some of the same dirt at Guadalcanal, My grandfather was a Raider with the 1st.
    He passed in 2000 not long after my youngest was born, I have one picture of the 3 generations on a sofa. My grandfather and 3 of his brothers served in WW2, two Army and 2 Marines. All quiet men. I wish they all including my father could see how the men still serve in our family, at this time we have 2 Army ROTC, One Coast Guard PJ and his brother is One of the three Marines...

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    Does it? I mean having known plenty of Rangers, those dues aren't slouches, and seem to be jacked whenever they come back from deployments, and shirk when back stateside (lol, no comment). But SEALS they seam jacked ALL the time. Sleep Eat And Lift seems to ring true. While both are some of the best warriors we put out, training-wise, it seems BUDs is on other dimensional type ****. Ranger School sure tough as hell, but it's still in the known universe. But that's just my opinion.

Growing up with a Navy father that served as a UDT frogman, we constantly hand many other men he served with in and around his house at any given time, I will say the most of them were of smaller stature and very home grown good guys and not boasters in any manner. Polar opposites if Navy jet Jockeys.
    I worked years later with a man for a few years that served with the Teams and never spoke of it one afternoon...

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Growing up with a Navy father that served as a UDT frogman, we constantly hand many other men he served with in and around his house at any given time, I will say the most of them were of smaller stature and very home grown good guys and not boasters in any manner. Polar opposites if Navy jet Jockeys.
    I worked years later with a man for a few years that served with the Teams and never spoke of it one afternoon...
    Most of the SEALs I’ve been around trip over themselves to let you know who they are and how bad they are. They are the Hollywood Navy with Kirk Freeman hair. I’m sure some are actually Quiet Professionals, just not the ones I’ve met. I’ve yet to meet a new age Raider, but did get to meet a couple DET-1 guys at Blade, and they were true Quiet Professionals.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    I might have a little experience in this subject?

Two basic types of people IME

1. “Badge Hunters”
    Normally career driven spotlight people that like the spotlight will position themselves and volunteer for every school possible. If it gives out a badge or tab they will be all in. Most tend to shy away from actually being in a unit that does high speed things and are often found in Headquarters. Tend to brag and let everyone know they are such and such “qualified”.

2. “dude that doesn’t even wear stuff”
    Typically dread attendance at “schools” and more team oriented than looking out for themselves. Does not boast about being “qualified” often found doing “high speed” stuff not just talking about a school.

IME
    Military “personalities”

1. Army Ranger actually in the Ranger Regiment.
    Guys usually spend two to four years and can come back if they want after another assignment. Good dudes high injury rate usually smarter than you average person well trained.

2. Army Special Forces “green beanie”
    Hot and Cold some are laid back and cool some are the “look at me types” smart guys that are in some ways stupid.

3. Delta
    Very intelligent most are unassuming and fly under the radar very mission focused. When in normal ASU often wear no badges they can go to about any school they want upon request often highly qualified. Once in the community often never leave.

4. Air Force forward air controllers
    The enlisted dudes are ok seem to be kind of stuck on themselves and often are told to shut up and we will tell you when we need your services. The Officers are “pilots” and are the most spoiled brats in the military whining must be part of the training.

5. Seals
    Most my interactions have been negative seem to lack military bearing the Officers demand things of regular units and often clash with Commander of said units. Often attempt to act superior in a school environment not great team players with the outside world.
    Seems everyone in the Navy “worked with the SEALS” ?

6. Marines
    Seem to be taught that the Army lays around and sleeps all day and we vote on what we are going to do?

Some of the most challenging schools I have graduated from that did not have “badges”

SERE level “C” - ate a skinny chicken!

Battle Staff NCO - about a 40% graduation rate!

Recon and surveillance Leader Course - It sucked!

Unit Mobility Officer - Lots of math!

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    There. Are. Three. Types. Of. People.

1. Those who don’t punctuate it makes it hard to read what they’re saying the reader has to figure out where the punctuation goes.

B. Those. Who. Over-punctuate. That’s. Not. Really any. Better.

III. People who use punctuation reasonably well enough; at least in most situations, such that they make it clearer what is being said.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    And then there is Jamil !

I am on my phone without my glasses !

Jamil the keeper of Strange hours and even stranger posts?

Well, sometimes jamil, keeper of strange hours, does post strange things. For example he may sometimes probably drone on about uninteresting topics. But lately he’s trying to use better examples of speech to become a better communicator. No better example exists than Dee Jay Tee. So I’m trying to use his examples to accomplish my communication goals.

For example look at these words. Are they small words? And he referred to my words - if they're small, something else must be small. I guarantee you there's no problem, I guarantee. I don't think anybody knows it was Russia that wrote Lorem Ipsum, but I don't know, maybe it was. It could be Russia, but it could also be China. It could also be lots of other people. It also could be some wordsmith sitting on their bed that weights 400 pounds. Ok? Despite the constant negative ipsum covfefe. This placeholder text is gonna be HUGE.I know words. I have the best words. I don't think anybody knows it was Russia that wrote Lorem Ipsum, but I don't know, maybe it was. It could be Russia, but it could also be China. It could also be lots of other people. It also could be some wordsmith sitting on their bed that weights 400 pounds. Ok? You have so many different things placeholder text has to be able to do, and I don't believe Lorem Ipsum has the stamina. You could see there was text coming out of her eyes, text coming out of her wherever. I have a 10 year old son. He has words. He is so good with these words it's unbelievable.

Top Bottom