• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirkd

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    Greenwood
    I don't know what they're calling it but I think nowadays theres a PRE- RIP course because so much money / time is wasted because so many guys were washing out of RIP itself .

Exactly, They still have it, but it is called something different now. It as created so that units would not waste a slot on someone who wasnt ready.

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    I don't know what they're calling it but I think nowadays theres a PRE- RIP course because so much money / time is wasted because so many guys were washing out of RIP itself .

This is all waaaay post-me, but I understand it's called RASP now, not RIP, and encompasses old RIP stuff and some of the locally-run pre-RIP stuff that used to happen. In any case, I have a hard time imagining more than 1% of women could make it through RIP/RASP with what the standards were and, I assume, are today. The ruck march alone would have to change or it would be a 99% washout.

Kirkd

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    Greenwood
    Wait till they go 3 days on no sleep or food while being smoked[/QUOTE said:
    The good ol days... Where's your ranger buddy. Low crawl to him.

And my favorite, if you dont have your tab, hit the slab

You must of went to ranger school when it was "easy". Only 3 days

Kirk

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    The good ol days... Where's your ranger buddy. Low crawl to him.

And my favorite, if you dont have your tab, hit the slab

You must of went to ranger school when it was "easy". Only 3 days

Kirk

Lol. I was just narrating a taste of rip. most people can't handle what's next. They totaly shut down as you know

Last edited:

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    This is all waaaay post-me, but I understand it's called RASP now, not RIP, and encompasses old RIP stuff and some of the locally-run pre-RIP stuff that used to happen. In any case, I have a hard time imagining more than 1% of women could make it through RIP/RASP with what the standards were and, I assume, are today. The ruck march alone would have to change or it would be a 99% washout.

Yeah there's a whole new training bat now. After 9/11 they started cranking em out to kick ass.

Kirkd

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    Greenwood
    Yeah there's a whole new training bat now. After 9/11 they started cranking em out to kick ass.

Hey man,
    We kicked ass before. RIP was 3 weeks and RASP is 8 weeks. If you get past that, you go to Bat and get your bag smoked for 6-9 months, then you get the honor to go to Ranger School.

Remember, anyone can get your "tab"? But the scroll is the way of life. There are more people who are ranger qualified that those who served in a ranger bat. That may confuse some. You have to be in a Ranger Bat to be under SOCOM, of course unless you are a seal, green beret, delta, PJ, etc.

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    Remember, anyone can get your "tab"? But the scroll is the way of life. There are more people who are ranger qualified that those who served in a ranger bat. That may confuse some. You have to be in a Ranger Bat to be under SOCOM, of course unless you are a seal, green beret, delta, PJ, etc.

I'd ask whether you grant any credit for regimental hq time, but I'm pretty sure I know the answer...:D

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Hey man,
    We kicked ass before. RIP was 3 weeks and RASP is 8 weeks. If you get past that, you go to Bat and get your bag smoked for 6-9 months, then you get the honor to go to Ranger School.

Understood. The scroll is family. Being a bat boy is where it's at.

Kirkd

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    Greenwood
    I'd ask whether you grant any credit for regimental hq time, but I'm pretty sure I know the answer...:D

Regimental guys at Bat had their tab when I was in. Hell, the spoon platoon had theirs as well. We had one dude that was a spoon also had the scuba bubble. Probably the baddest ass cook in the whole Army

I respect all my brothers and sisters who served. The units that support are pretty damn important too.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    How come we never see any women with an opinion in these threads?
    Go search through the Women's section. It's been covered before with their input.

My wife is one that would love to and is incredibly independent. Hell, she can out-pull-up nearly every guy and Marine I've known. 20 without a sweat or eye bat.

That said, she also understands the differences and implications it has and agrees that women should not be in these roles. :twocents:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I have a friend who is trying out for our SWAT team. If she passes the school and get chosen she would be the first female in our long history to be on SWAT. She runs circles around the fittest guys in the process (and they are really good). She is a small gal but drug that 200lb dummy without hesitation. I think she will make a fine SWAT officer, she has to pass the same physical standards as the males, hell the males might need lower standards to keep up with her...haha. She is FAR from alone in this world and I see no problem with giving female the SAME opportunities as the males. No need to lower the standards. BTW, she still looks like a female even with her 3% body fat.

Really?
    Cause SWAT in a civilized country for limited endurance timeframes is SO much like long term ops in an unfriendly country.

diavic

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    I have a friend who is trying out for our SWAT team. If she passes the school and get chosen she would be the first female in our long history to be on SWAT. She runs circles around the fittest guys in the process (and they are really good). She is a small gal but drug that 200lb dummy without hesitation. I think she will make a fine SWAT officer, she has to pass the same physical standards as the males, hell the males might need lower standards to keep up with her...haha. She is FAR from alone in this world and I see no problem with giving female the SAME opportunities as the males. No need to lower the standards. BTW, she still looks like a female even with her 3% body fat.

Did you really just compare SWAT to Seals? OMG.....

diavic

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    The people who don't see a problem here really have no idea how special operations work, or what it entails.

I suggest you read some books.

Phil502

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    NW Indiana
    No one's talking about lowering the standards. The standards should be set, and the gender prohibition lifted. If you can do it you get in, if you can't you don't get in. I don't see why this is an issue. And I don't want "what ifs." The plan as the Pentagon is proposing it states that the women and men have the same standard.

I think a lot of people expect the lowering to come next. A couple women will make it in, be touted as excellent whether they are or not (they may well be excellent) but then the calls for lowering the standards because women this or that begin and then you have it. One step at a time. Seems like the American way lately, but hopefully not.

Top Bottom