• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Will you be at the 2A rally on February 8th?

• Total voters

MadMan66

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 7, 2012
    Hogshitt's Paradise
    What kind of message should be on the sign? If I decide to bring one, I think a good message is important, since it's likely going to be the only thing people walking by get from this. I don't want anything that's going to make them think we're some crazy group that needs to be ignored. Even one sign that implies something that can be interpreted as irrational, will be what the media takes and runs with. I just want to make sure I don't hinder the cause in anyway.

davidc912

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2012
    South of Indy
    Yeah, got the whole family in on the 'Do' part... Just need to make the 'Why' part is well explained so that FOX59 doesn't say that we're just a militia trying to intimidate shoppers with our machine guns.

Car Ramrod

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Westfield
    What kind of message should be on the sign? If I decide to bring one, I think a good message is important, since it's likely going to be the only thing people walking by get from this. I don't want anything that's going to make them think we're some crazy group that needs to be ignored. Even one sign that implies something that can be interpreted as irrational, will be what the media takes and runs with. I just want to make sure I don't hinder the cause in anyway.
    "An Armed Society is a Polite Society" is always a good one. Robert Heinlein has other good quotes as well.

RabbleRouser

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 24, 2011
    Mishawaka
    3658_ChooseOneGun_Victim.jpg

this is always a crowd favorite

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I'll be there, looking forward to it. The weather looks like it'll cooperate.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Thank you! That's been my point this whole time. 28,000 registered members and we can't even get .5% to say they're going.

I will be there; rain, shine, or snow.

Calm down. Have you perused the member list lately? Have you noticed how many "registered" users have zero posts? How many "registered" users' last log-in date is the same as their registration date, and that was 2 years ago.

We don't have nearly 28,000 USERS on this board. Hell, arfcom probably doesn't have that many. Okay, maybe, when ALL the forums are counted they might.

I almost didn't vote in the poll. But I'm going. Bringing at least one other, maybe two.

Chillax!

I've got 4 people riding with me, don't think they voted or posted in this thread. My single yes vote counts as 5.

See? That poll don't mean nothing.

dansgotguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 7, 2012
    Portage
    I remember reading on here of a good place to get sign materials where did they say that was, I specifically looking for the place that was mentioned here, not any ransom place. I realize you cam get sign material almost anywhere.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    I remember reading on here of a good place to get sign materials where did they say that was, I specifically looking for the place that was mentioned here, not any ransom place. I realize you cam get sign material almost anywhere.

I purchased some 20" x 30" foam core board at Office Max, two boards for $11.99. I also had them print my poster out for me. I used double sided tape to stick it to the foam core board. If you want to take an extra step, pick up some light weight vinyl at Joanne's Fabrics and wrap your poster, I used packing tape to hold it tight around the edges. This will protect the poster in case of inclement weather, and will keep the ink from wearing off on your hands.

Tip: When you create your poster, remember to keep the dimensions in the same proportion as the poster you are having printed. If your poster is 20 x 30, then keep the same proportions when you create your file (for example 10 x 15). Office Max told me to bring in a pdf file. Most programs will allow you to save your work as a pdf file. As long as the proportions are correct, Office Max can blow it up to the size of your poster board.

Top Bottom