• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Will you be at the 2A rally on February 8th?

• Total voters

jfajfer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    Taking the wife with me on Friday. I was at the rally last month and really enjoyed talking with other concerned patriots.

rarewings

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2011
    Yes I have been "lurking" on this SITE (thanks LSB).

I just really don't want Fox news to only Interview the Dip**** wearing ALL camo gear with two 1911 on his hips and a AK47 strapped across his back.

You know....like how they always find the toothless redneck in the trailerpack after the tornado wipes them out.

We are already shown in a bad light, and the media will point out the "fringe" elements and say that is what all gun owners are like.

I guess we will all have to play nice and see what happens

RabbleRouser

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 24, 2011
    Mishawaka

I just really don't want Fox news to only Interview the Dip**** wearing ALL camo gear with two 1911 on his hips and a AK47 strapped across his back.

You know....like how they always find the toothless redneck in the trailerpack after the tornado wipes them out.

We are already shown in a bad light, and the media will point out the "fringe" elements and say that is what all gun owners are like.

just think, it will be a lot easier for them to spot that guy if fewer people show up, the more people are there the less likely the media is to find Cletus

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    If it's anything like the last events, some people may get interviewed but I'm fairly sure none of it will get aired. It simply won't help to further the media's agenda.

AF Gunner

Marksman
    Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    Jul 26, 2011
    North East, Indiana
    I'm coming and bringing another guy and now it'l looks like my 15yo is coming too. He wants to bring his Nagant, I'm not so sure about that since he won't have a permit for 3 year.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I was going to go, along with about 10 of my friends, but now we are not. (unless there is a another place we can be)

We don't think that Everyone Open carring Handgun and Long Guns is going to be the right thing to do.

Yes we all have the right to carry (if you are legal) but this is one of those times where the questions is "Should I carry".

I have looked and INGO is one of the few sights that are talking about OPEN CARRY on Friday!

Most everyone else thinks that Signs, People dressed in something beside camo and NO open carry guns is the way to get the BEST MESSAGE across to the bias-media that will be watching EVRYTHING we do.

Just my two cents......
    starting the count-down to my account ban and deletions because I spoke againist the "ways" of the INGO
    Is there a 12 step program for group-think? What do YOU think? Is letting our elected officials know a large number of voters find gun rights to be an important issue something YOU want to do? I'll be business casual with a CC Glock (maybe 2, who knows). YOU are the one who has to decide what YOU are going to do, not WE or EVERYONE.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Weather.com says 38 and cloudy on Friday. Concealed carry should be easy.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Avon
    I was going to go, along with about 10 of my friends, but now we are not. (unless there is a another place we can be)

We don't think that Everyone Open carring Handgun and Long Guns is going to be the right thing to do.

Yes we all have the right to carry (if you are legal) but this is one of those times where the questions is "Should I carry".

I have looked and INGO is one of the few sights that are talking about OPEN CARRY on Friday!

Most everyone else thinks that Signs, People dressed in something beside camo and NO open carry guns is the way to get the BEST MESSAGE across to the bias-media that will be watching EVRYTHING we do.

Just my two cents......
    starting the count-down to my account ban and deletions because I spoke againist the "ways" of the INGO
    What is the problem with the place...I went to the one on the 19th everyone was friendly...the cops were friendly...I think on a work day we will get more people interested. Last one was during a cheer tournament.

Car Ramrod

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Westfield

I suggest you look at the pictures from the rally on the 19th. It will give you some insight as to what to expect from others who show.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Avon
    I was going to go but the Facebook group is frequently sending emails about the problems they keep having. If they could actually organize I might have gone but seems like they're falling apart.

What is there really to organize...you show up with a sign walk around for a couple of hours and leave.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville

Easy now. My only cold weather cover are camo items.

Besides, you're worrying about nothing. We could all be dressed in formal attire Bond style and it still wouldn't matter.

hondatech2k2

Shooter
    Rating - 98.2%
    55   1   0
    Jul 10, 2011
    Greenwood
    I will be there for sure, along with a buddy and "possibly" another. I will be bringing my sweet and sexy SCAR for all the world to drool over her beauty. The very image of her will instantly sway liberals over to the righteous path while invoking thoughts of gleeful joy, and all will be right in the Republic.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    I'm coming and bringing another guy and now it'l looks like my 15yo is coming too. He wants to bring his Nagant, I'm not so sure about that since he won't have a permit for 3 year.

As long as it is not a handgun no permit is required. I would read the laws though to be sure you're good.

Car Ramrod

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Westfield
    As long as it is not a handgun no permit is required. I would read the laws though to be sure you're good.
    There is a daycare at the Statehouse. This designates a 1000' perimeter around the property as a Gun Free Zone. This does not effect LTCH holders, only those who do not possess one. Because of the GFZ, you are not allowed to carry a firearm without a LTCH in this radius, this even includes long guns.

Also, because you/he do not own the property on which we will be rallying (the public sidewalk), a minor is not able to possess a firearm.

digitalphoenix

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2012
    In a cornfield.
    There is a daycare at the Statehouse. This designates a 1000' perimeter around the property as a Gun Free Zone. This does not effect LTCH holders, only those who do not possess one. Because of the GFZ, you are not allowed to carry a firearm without a LTCH in this radius, this even includes long guns.

Also, because you/he do not own the property on which we will be rallying (the public sidewalk), a minor is not able to possess a firearm.
    So what if if you have an LTCH and want to bring a long gun?

Car Ramrod

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Westfield
    So what if if you have an LTCH and want to bring a long gun?
    You are fine.

The way GFZs work is there is a magical barrier that deters anyone the State has not licensed to carry a firearm. The GFZ fairies don't recognize States whose laws allow the legal carry of a firearm without any licensing or permits (i.e. long guns in Indiana). So, as long as you are licensed in your State to carry a firearm (Indiana LTCH, in this case) you are able to pass Go, but will not be collecting your $200, and be within the sunshine and rainbow lands of a GFZ.

Top Bottom